IGNORED

2015 Arnold Palmer Invitational Discussion Thread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't buy that the players (especially, the young ones) are playing "to show Arnie the respect" line.   To most, I think it's just another tournament and I don't blame them.

Yes, most of the working class tour guys are tee'ing it up this week because it's the tours stop and it's what they do every week. But for an event that has historically had one of the best fields of the year, it's sad  and yes, disrespectful to Arnie to not show up this week. If you think it's not, then I would argue you probably don't have a great understanding of how much Arnie has done for each and every player making a living on the tour.

Yes, most of the working class tour guys are tee'ing it up this week because it's the tours stop and it's what they do every week. But for an event that has historically had one of the best fields of the year, it's sad  and yes, disrespectful to Arnie to not show up this week. If you think it's not, then I would argue you probably don't have a great understanding of how much Arnie has done for each and every player making a living on the tour.

As has Hogan, Jack, Tiger and many others.  I don't think anyone is intentionally disrespecting Arnie by not participating, more likely it's about personal schedules(spring break) and preparing for the upcoming Masters.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When it comes to who has done the most for the tour and current touring pros, Tiger's is the only name that can be uttered in the same breath as Arnie. Not Jack and certainly not Hogan's. They are greats, but pro golfers would share similar fame and fortune to pro bowlers right now without Arnie. And Earl's son would have probably grown up to be a very good collegiate baseball or football player without Arnie.

Featured group:

Billy Horschel, Brandt Snedeker, Henrik Stenson.

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

thanks for posting the link - now I won't get anything done this morning....... ;-)

unrelated note.....

Charlie Rymer said that the first three holes are the toughest on the planet - surely that was a hyperbole, but walking along the course the other day, I didn't see it.....#1 looked pretty mundane (and so did adjacent #10)

Hello!!

Glad to be here.

why are they complaining about the greens?. They look mighty good to me.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Hello!!

Glad to be here.

why are they complaining about the greens?. They look mighty good to me.

when you see them up close, they're patchy and have a muddy look to them - commentator gave them a 10.5 stimp......maybe they're not giving a true, consistent roll? of course, you won't hear much criticism from the TV coverage or the players except under their breath to their caddies (Jason Day).

what a lucky shot by Schnedeker on 18th....bounces a couple of times off the rocks and lands tight for a birdie putt......possible three strokes if he drains the putt.....better to be lucky than good as they say.....

thanks for posting the link - now I won't get anything done this morning.......

unrelated note.....

Charlie Rymer said that the first three holes are the toughest on the planet - surely that was a hyperbole, but walking along the course the other day, I didn't see it.....#1 looked pretty mundane (and so did adjacent #10)

According to the stats they showed on MD the first three holes combined are extremely tough. I will agree though they look pretty benign.

Ross (aka cubdog)

what a lucky shot by Schnedeker on 18th....bounces a couple of times off the rocks and lands tight for a birdie putt......possible three strokes if he drains the putt.....better to be lucky than good as they say.....

Unreal!

• Upvote 1

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

thanks for posting the link - now I won't get anything done this morning.......

unrelated note.....

That's why I've got two monitors running.  One dedicated to the golf broadcast and the other for work.

:dance:

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Rory is hitting greens, but his proximity to the hole isn't setting up for birdies. I wish CBS would have made his group a featured group.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Rory is hitting greens, but his proximity to the hole isn't setting up for birdies. I wish CBS would have made his group a featured group.

Same here - guess Golf Channel goes on air in about half an hour so should be able to see a lot of the world #1 then.....

Same here - guess Golf Channel goes on air in about half an hour so should be able to see a lot of the world #1 then.....

It's on now. Rory has an eagle putt on 6.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!