IGNORED

March Madness 2015

phan52
Note: This thread is 3313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Why don't you like Bo Ryan? Hes a good coach who's players all seem to get better. Is it because he owns Ohio State?

From what I can find Wisconsin has a 2 game lead in the wins column versus Thad. Not really the definition of owning. Owning would be Tressel's record versus That Team Up North during his stretch as OSU's football coach.

The reason I don't like Bo Ryan is because of the style of basketball he uses at Wisconsin. Its just boring. Lets just dribble and pass the ball till the shot clock gets below 10 seconds then take a shot. God sometimes paint drying is more entertaining.

Don't bring in this year as an example he doesn't. This year he actually has some NBA talent and has opened it up. Majority of the time you are looking at limited possession, tight games, very slow and methodical. It's just boring.

It's one of the reasons I want to see the shot clock go down to 25-30 seconds in college basketball. I would also like to see some rule changes on how fouls are called.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From what I can find Wisconsin has a 2 game lead in the wins column versus Thad. Not really the definition of owning. Owning would be Tressel's record versus That Team Up North during his stretch as OSU's football coach.  The reason I don't like Bo Ryan is because of the style of basketball he uses at Wisconsin. Its just boring. Lets just dribble and pass the ball till the shot clock gets below 10 seconds then take a shot. God sometimes paint drying is more entertaining.  Don't bring in this year as an example he doesn't. This year he actually has some NBA talent and has opened it up. Majority of the time you are looking at limited possession, tight games, very slow and methodical. It's just boring.  It's one of the reasons I want to see the shot clock go down to 25-30 seconds in college basketball. I would also like to see some rule changes on how fouls are called.

It is kind of necessary though when you don't generally have top level talent to keep games close and actually win some against more talented teams don't you think? Keeps the talented up tempo teams off of their rhythm. I can't fault the guy for that.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

It is kind of necessary though when you don't generally have top level talent to keep games close and actually win some against more talented teams don't you think? Keeps the talented up tempo teams off of their rhythm. I can't fault the guy for that.

I am not faulting him. I just don't like it. So I am not partial to rooting for Wisconsin.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

From what I can find Wisconsin has a 2 game lead in the wins column versus Thad. Not really the definition of owning. Owning would be Tressel's record versus That Team Up North during his stretch as OSU's football coach.  The reason I don't like Bo Ryan is because of the style of basketball he uses at Wisconsin. Its just boring. Lets just dribble and pass the ball till the shot clock gets below 10 seconds then take a shot. God sometimes paint drying is more entertaining.  Don't bring in this year as an example he doesn't. This year he actually has some NBA talent and has opened it up. Majority of the time you are looking at limited possession, tight games, very slow and methodical. It's just boring.  It's one of the reasons I want to see the shot clock go down to 25-30 seconds in college basketball. I would also like to see some rule changes on how fouls are called.

From what I can find he's 14-7 vs Ohio st. I agree the pace of play can be slow but he teaches fundamentals, good defense and taking a good shot. This is his most talented team and hopefully he will get a national title with them. Wisconsin not having NBA talent all the time is partially Bo's fault but it's also a tough school to get into. Diamond Stone was the best player coming out of high school this year from WI. He wanted to go to UW but his grades and ACT scores weren't good enough. I'm surprised your not pulling for wisconsin most big ten guys pull for the big ten.

From what I can find he's 14-7 vs Ohio st. I agree the pace of play can be slow but he teaches fundamentals, good defense and taking a good shot. This is his most talented team and hopefully he will get a national title with them. Wisconsin not having NBA talent all the time is partially Bo's fault but it's also a tough school to get into. Diamond Stone was the best player coming out of high school this year from WI. He wanted to go to UW but his grades and ACT scores weren't good enough. I'm surprised your not pulling for wisconsin most big ten guys pull for the big ten.

If Duke wins I get 85 bucks. Money talks ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Whiskey over Duke in the title game, my prediction anyway

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

If Duke wins I get 85 bucks. Money talks ;)

Ha ha ha well I can see that. I'm pulling for wisconsin. I have a buddy who played for Bo when he was coaching D3 and everything he's said makes me feel like Bo is a great guy who loves the state. UW was his dream job which is rare so I hope he gets the job done tomorrow.

Ha ha ha well I can see that. I'm pulling for wisconsin. I have a buddy who played for Bo when he was coaching D3 and everything he's said makes me feel like Bo is a great guy who loves the state. UW was his dream job which is rare so I hope he gets the job done tomorrow.

I am sure he is a great guy. He seems very likable when he talks to the reporters during half time or after the games. Unlike douchey Calipari.

I still don't like watching the style of basketball he uses at Wisconsin. I get it, doesn't mean I have to like it. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I am sure he is a great guy. He seems very likable when he talks to the reporters during half time or after the games. Unlike douchey Calipari. I still don't like watching the style of basketball he uses at Wisconsin. I get it, doesn't mean I have to like it. :-D

OK, last 2 minutes or so of the game. Two calls or rather one no call and one I don't know call, perhaps actually changed the outcome of the game. One ref under the basket area and a no call on a Duke player out of bounds. TV camera caught it and the announcers commented on it, Duke keeps position and scores. Then we have the multiple angled ball tipped out of bounds. Again, announcers clearly indicated, after much review and super slow mo, that it went off a Duke players finger tips. Now I'm not sure if the refs have all this available, but if the announcers do and they don't, then what's the rational behind instant replay. I've got no favoritism in this offering, just wondering what folks thought about the outcome. On a side note, when did basketball become a full contact sport. I saw a few drives to the basket, where the defender got a forearm in the chest and a push off and a no call. I guess I'm just an old fart, but I remember when most physical contact was called and it made for a much cleaner game. Just my opinion.........

Hate crowned cups.

Note: This thread is 3313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!