IGNORED

Counterfeit Vokey wedges

noob
Note: This thread is 3462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Update...

So the only ticket I can raise with the resolution centre is a RETURN request. But my problem is not getting a refund from the seller but that they want the product back before issuing a refund. And because I know without a doubt these are counterfeit I can't return the items due to ebay policy and common sense.

I even selected the reason for return as "counterfeit." I tried to talk to the seller in private messages before using the resolution centre and that took a week without results. So I only started the Resolution Return Request today. Because I listened to ebay on "trying to sort things out with the seller first" I am 8 days behind in getting this sorted before ebay would step in... Does this make sense at all?

One day I might see a thread where the buyer photographs the counterfeit clubs that they have destroyed in order to protect further unwary buyers from being taken advantage of.

Never happens.

They always seem very keen to keep them. No-one seems to want to send them back to the seller. B-)

How about you destroy them and send those photos to ebay, Titleist  and the buyer? (and us :-) )

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The clubs at the moment are evidence. The other thing is that the person selling the counterfeit items allegedly committed fraud. And there is the possibility he was duped as well and was trying to recover his own losses. This could get be an interesting trail leading all the way back to a sweatshop somewhere.

Did they spell Titlist correctly?

PS I know I misspelled it.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Unless you can prove criminal intent and get a district attorney to prosecute, or unless you can find an attorney willing to take the case on spec in a civil court, there comes a time to cut your losses and move on. If the clubs play okay, apart from being fakes, then maybe hand stamp or engrave counterfiet onto them along with "bought from" and the seller's name, at least that way you won't have a total loss. Not sure what I'd do.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

What most people do is

1) ask for confirmation that they are fake

2) accept ridiculous advice like "Get you club pro to check them" (pros love that kind of work)

3) express outrage

4) refuse to return them

5) take the moral high ground in order to "protect" others

6)stop posting in the thread

7) realise they play exactly the same (that's fake wedges and Cameron putters)

8) get their refund and/or replacement

9) insist on hanging on to their free clubs whilst claiming they are breaking the law if they don't.

I'll be honest the only place on Ebay one should get golf clubs or equipment is from the PGA Certified or brand certified stores, i.e Titleist, Callaway ect. In addition to false advertising there are a lot of sellers who will take a starter/clone set that you can get at a retail outlet for $300 and they'll put it up for $400+ and new players to the game who are buying their first sets will pay that thinking "wow this is a really good deal" not realizing they are getting way overcharged. I actually saw a Pinemeadow PRE set with 11 clubs with headcovers for the driver, wood and hybrids and a stand bag, that goes for $229.95 on Pinemeadow's site, that someone was charging $359.99 for on Ebay, and that didn't include the shipping which was $20, couldn't believe it. Gotta be real careful these days, so many people trying to make easy money off of unsuspecting consumers.

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

File a complaint with paypal, you didn't get what you payed for. If you dint have the option on their forms then call them, same with eBay. If that leads you no where, and you used a credit card for the source of funds, then dispute the charge.

It pays to price check. I was recently looking for a book and found several copies, original publisher list price was about $29, the available copies online ranged from about $15 to well over $300, yes I said over $300. Doesn't really help the OP, just a frustratingly sad and maddening situation.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I'll be honest the only place on Ebay one should get golf clubs or equipment is from the PGA Certified or brand certified stores

Not true.

Sellers like 3ballsgolf and globalgolf and a dozen others I could name  have brilliant bargains.

Yeah, cause those are actual businesses, I am refering to individuals who sell the stuff, many are reputable but there are those who just want money and are happy to rip the buyer off by overpricing, and selling them fake/faulty items. I just mentioned the PGA certified pre-owned Ebay store as an example.

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

To those who imp[quote name="Shorty" url="/t/80938/counterfeit-vokey-wedges/18#post_1120451"]What most people do is  1) ask for confirmation that they are fake 2) accept ridiculous advice like "Get you club pro to check them" (pros love that kind of work) 3) express outrage 4) refuse to return them 5) [SIZE=13px]take the moral high ground in order to "protect" others[/SIZE] [SIZE=13px]6)stop posting in the thread[/SIZE] [SIZE=13px]7) realise they play exactly the same (that's fake wedges and Cameron putters)[/SIZE] 8) get their refund and/or replacement 9) insist on hanging on to their free clubs whilst claiming they are breaking the law if they don't. [/quote] I've invested too much time and money into to this god forsaken game to want to be seen near counterfeit products, left alone using ones. I have no one to give this to either. The people I play with mostly uses Honma, Miura and EPON clubs. You yourself would have ulterior motives to keeping the counterfeits while demanding the refund.But please don't judge other people based on the basis that you would do it. Your circumstances are far different than mine. I found myself in a dilemma and ebay doesn't have a clear path to deal with my situation. That is why I am posting here to see what I could do. Yes they say we must not return the counterfeit to the seller so, AT THIS POINT, I am trying to follow their guidelines. I have no problems destroying these clubs once I have my money back. You know why I don't just destroy it (because, hey, they promise my money back anyway?) Because what if ebay/paypal is running me in circles and the only way I will get my money back is to comply with the seller, i.e. returning the clubs? I won't be caught dead with these damn clubs in my bags. But at the end of the day I'm not noble enough to take the loss myself (i.e. destroying clubs and have no money back) than returning them and have someone else purchase it. If my golf set is my car then these wedges are like the damn BRAKESI will not use counterfeit or be near it! (you can, up to you as you implied in "7" above) If I get a counterfeit GOLF BAG or HEADCOVER, those are like blinkers or windshield fluid... then might not worht the troubles... But these are WEDGES. As any other clubs except putters, the SHAFTS are what make the club good or not. How can these play exactly the same? Show some respect to the game and retract what you said.

If my golf set is my car then these wedges are like the damn BRAKESI will not use counterfeit or be near it! (you can, up to you as you implied in "7" above) If I get a counterfeit GOLF BAG or HEADCOVER, those are like blinkers or windshield fluid... then might not worht the troubles... But these are WEDGES. As any other clubs except putters, the SHAFTS are what make the club good or not. How can these play exactly the same? Show some respect to the game and retract what you said.

The shafts are the engine of the golf swing, but what are they to the car? Are they also the engine or are they the drive train? I think the grips are like the steering wheel and my divot tool is like fuzzy dice. My divot tool has a picture of fuzzy dice on it, so that may be why I'm thinking of that. These are all very important points.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

To those who imp I've invested too much time and money into to this god forsaken game to want to be seen near counterfeit products, left alone using ones. I have no one to give this to either. The people I play with mostly uses Honma, Miura and EPON clubs. You yourself would have ulterior motives to keeping the counterfeits while demanding the refund.But please don't judge other people based on the basis that you would do it. Your circumstances are far different than mine. I found myself in a dilemma and ebay doesn't have a clear path to deal with my situation. That is why I am posting here to see what I could do. Yes they say we must not return the counterfeit to the seller so, AT THIS POINT, I am trying to follow their guidelines. I have no problems destroying these clubs once I have my money back. You know why I don't just destroy it (because, hey, they promise my money back anyway?) Because what if ebay/paypal is running me in circles and the only way I will get my money back is to comply with the seller, i.e. returning the clubs? I won't be caught dead with these damn clubs in my bags. But at the end of the day I'm not noble enough to take the loss myself (i.e. destroying clubs and have no money back) than returning them and have someone else purchase it.

Again, as in all threads of this nature, the buyer, who hates these clubs, can't bear to part with them. It would be very easy to protect other unwary buyers, but I've yet to see a reaction different to what I have jokingly summarised and am seeing again

Again, as in all threads of this nature, the buyer, who hates these clubs, can't bear to part with them. It would be very easy to protect other unwary buyers, but I've yet to see a reaction different to what I have jokingly summarised and am seeing again

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I don't think that's a fair question.. Also, I don't think you have fairly summarized the poster's response. He makes very valid points with the most important one "why do anything with the clubs until he has the money part taken care of?" I agree with him too that I see no reason to eat the price of the clubs to protect another buyer from buying them (that's Ebays job).

I can't speak for others who have posted about this same thing since this is the first time I've encountered it, but I don't see a good reason for negativity towards the poster by looking at his posts.. (Unless you know details about the posters that are not available to the rest of us)

It is a very fair question because it is an obvious and logical one.

There have been a few threads like this on various golf forums and it's always the same.

The bottom line is this:

If an ebay seller is offering multiple "sets" of Vokey wedges that are only available to authorised dealers and he is not authorised, the clubs are either  fake or stolen.

There is no other conclusion to make. And yes, I know that the seller can combine individual clubs to make sets.

How does a non authorised seller have, say, 12 clubs? Does he buy them at retail prices and then sell them at a loss? Not likely.

The other thing is that other posters usually encourage the buyer to keep the clubs. Ebay has been around long enough for people to have a counterfeit radar when it comes to golf clubs, but they persist. The reaction is never "Yeah I took a punt, thinking they had to be stolen or might be good fakes, but they were no good so I trashed them"

For the record, I have sold new Vokey wedges at about 70% of retail. My club pro got the sack and I had to use up prize money in my pro shop account and I bought them so I wouldn't lose my money. I didn't need them but thought that $240 was better than nothing. But that was 2 clubs, not multiple sets.

It is a very fair question because it is an obvious and logical one.

There have been a few threads like this on various golf forums and it's always the same.

The bottom line is this:

If an ebay seller is offering multiple "sets" of Vokey wedges that are only available to authorised dealers and he is not authorised, the clubs are either  fake or stolen.

There is no other conclusion to make. And yes, I know that the seller can combine individual clubs to make sets.

How does a non authorised seller have, say, 12 clubs? Does he buy them at retail prices and then sell them at a loss? Not likely.

The other thing is that other posters usually encourage the buyer to keep the clubs. Ebay has been around long enough for people to have a counterfeit radar when it comes to golf clubs, but they persist. The reaction is never "Yeah I took a punt, thinking they had to be stolen or might be good fakes, but they were no good so I trashed them"

For the record, I have sold new Vokey wedges at about 70% of retail. My club pro got the sack and I had to use up prize money in my pro shop account and I bought them so I wouldn't lose my money. I didn't need them but thought that $240 was better than nothing. But that was 2 clubs, not multiple sets.

Ok, so to be clear you are specifically talking about "Vokey wedges" here and not "all golf clubs" in general terms correct?

I don't know that Vokey wedges are only available to authorized dealers..  (not that I would ever buy a wedge not fitted to me), but that is besides the point.  I really didn't know that piece of information until now (thanks by the way).  Did he know that?  I don't know, but maybe that is a better question to ask first?

In terms of someone coming on to a forum and saying, yeah I gave it a shot and it didn't turn out like I thought it would.. for that much money I don't see many people ever doing that.. if there is a chance that they are fake and you have any sort of inclination towards that feeling I doubt someone is going to pay that kind of cash and then bite the bullet.  If that is what you are waiting for, then I'm sorry to say but I don't see this happening any time soon (just want to save you from holding your breath for it to happen :) )

@noob did you know that Vokey wedges are only sold by authorized dealer?  If the answer is yes, then why would you buy them?  Did the seller advertise that he is an authorized dealer?  Can you give us the sellers ID so that we can all stay clear of him?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I was looking at a set of 10 clubs on ebay for $305 (current bid). They look like MP-68 and the associated wedges down to 60, but I'm scared that they are made by Mifuno.

The only place I would get my clubs used or otherwise is at a store like Golfsmith or Roger Dunn. . .They usually have coupons or $15 gift cards, I get free as an SCGA member, anyway.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ok, so to be clear you are specifically talking about "Vokey wedges" here and not "all golf clubs" in general terms correct?

I don't know that Vokey wedges are only available to authorized dealers..  (not that I would ever buy a wedge not fitted to me), but that is besides the point.  I really didn't know that piece of information until now (thanks by the way).  Did he know that?  I don't know, but maybe that is a better question to ask first?

In terms of someone coming on to a forum and saying, yeah I gave it a shot and it didn't turn out like I thought it would.. for that much money I don't see many people ever doing that.. if there is a chance that they are fake and you have any sort of inclination towards that feeling I doubt someone is going to pay that kind of cash and then bite the bullet.  If that is what you are waiting for, then I'm sorry to say but I don't see this happening any time soon (just want to save you from holding your breath for it to happen :) )

@noob did you know that Vokey wedges are only sold by authorized dealer?  If the answer is yes, then why would you buy them?  Did the seller advertise that he is an authorized dealer?  Can you give us the sellers ID so that we can all stay clear of him?

Pretty much all on point :-)

Note: This thread is 3462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!