IGNORED

What category/class of ball do you prefer to use ...

Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What category/class of ball do you prefer to use ...

• Tour ball (~ $40/doz)
    • 3 piece ball (~$30-35/doz)
    • 2 piece ball (~ $20-25/doz)
    • Budget 2 piece ball (~$10-15./doz)
    • NO particular preference ... whatever I get a deal on or dig out of the woods/pond

Isn't the Penta a couple years old and off the market now? At least at the major retailers. Don't get me wrong, I gamed various found Penta and the TP LDP that I had laying around in my last round last year and enjoyed them, but didn't think they could still be gotten

I bought 6 dozen last time couple of years ago. Still have 2 dozen and half pack. Mostly use MaxFli.

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day in/day out, I use the Titleist DT SoLo, the Wilson Duo, and the Callaway Supersoft.

When I feel the "need" for a premium  ball, it is usually something from the B330 series, but I like ProV's about as well.

I haven't had a chance to try the new Chrome Soft, but it could become my premium ball, or maybe even everyday ball.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

These days I'm playing Bridgestone B330-RXs.  I tried they E6's a couple years ago but they wouldn't stop on the green for me.

I'm not real picky about balls, but I try not to play rock-like distance balls.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

I been playing the Wilson Staff Duo and really like it around the green.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

I generally play Tour balls.  Mostly Bridgestone B330-S and Srixon Z-star.  Usually find last years model for around $30 a dozen.  I am not particular to any brand.  I just like the way a tour ball plays around the greens and how they feel off the putter.

I could not select from the choices since I prefer a 3 piece urethene covered or low compression ball with some spin but not tour like and are available for well under $30.  The Gamers mentioned above are all excellent examples and are one of the best balls in their class for under $20/dozen.  Now, hopefully Dicks will not discontinue them like the U/3 and U/4.

Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!