IGNORED

Mid-Atlantic Outing (April 9, 10 2016)

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

High of 41 now, man that is cold, especially if it's raining.    Everyone still want to play?

Purcellville Weather.jpg

54 and sunny on Sunday. :-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

WeatherBug is showing 41 to 45 for the time of day we'll be playing, with minimal chance for showers.  I'll be at the course by around 11, probably on the driving range, as long as at least one other person is going to join me.  For anyone who decides not to play, I admire your sanity and good sense, but I'll be out there.  If anyone needs directions, you have my phone number in the private message thread.  At this stage, we still have 9 players.  If you DO decide to be smart, and take a pass tomorrow, please let me know.  

See y'all tomorrow!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Since I'm already booked at the hotel to arrive tonight I don't know what else I'd do tomorrow if I didn't golf. Granted, it's much colder than I have ever golfed in.... May not be too fun.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

41 with a 20 mph wind.  Crazy.  But I'll be there.  I found better things for my son to do, so it'll just be me.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Could be an interesting day on the golf course.  Sunday weather will be better.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Layers and more layers, it will be survivable.  I started in similar conditions last weekend, so I know what I'll need to do to stay warm.  It looks like we're down to 8 brave souls.  On the plus side, I doubt we'll have to wait on anyone else, most of the sane people will be anywhere but on the course.  And if its completely miserable, we can stop at any time and retire to the Tavern, or even choose not to start.  

But it WILL be fun, mostly for the chance to meet new friends, or to see a couple of old friends.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

Rain gear is never a bad thing to have, as long as its with you and not at home when the rain starts.  I'll make sure to put a couple of extra umbrellas in the car, in case someone doesn't have one.  Even so, it won't take a lot of rain to make me run for cover, considering the temperatures forecast.

Dave

Guys, I'm sorry but I think I'm going to bail.  Between the weather and some things that have come up at work both for me and for my wife, I don't think its going to work out this time.  Really sorry for the late notice.  The work stuff really just became clear last night.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

No problem, Dan, we all understand that real life has to come before golf.  Keep watching, I'm sure there will be more chances to get together in the future.

Dave

A bit of a strange question perhaps, but are there any good places to pick up used clubs in the area we'll be? I really want to try to get my hands on another g25 driver in 9.5 loft with tour stiff shaft. I did so much better with that driver, it's probably what I miss the most of all the clubs that I had bought that got stolen.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

There's a GolfSmith store between my house and the course:

http://www.golfsmith.com/stores/101/sterling

I know they have used clubs, but I'm not sure just what they do have.    They're open at 9 on Saturday, so you'd have time to stop in if you like.

Dave

Thanks, I'll stop in there before heading to the course. I'll probably need to pick up some winter gloves anyway.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Good plan, I don't know if our pro shop has any left, and they'll almost certainly be cheaper at GolfSmith.  

Dave

Sorry to say the weather is scaring me off. I'm only off work every other weekend and a 4+ hour drive to potentially be blown/rain blasted off the golf course is too much for me. 

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Yeah, I think I'm going to bail too.  The weather and family things are making me think the better part of valor is to try again some other time.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Someone would have to be nuts to play tomorrow. Gonna be a pretty brutal slog through 25+mph winds and possible rain/snow. I'll swing by your place before 10:15, if that's ok, Dave. Sounds like fun. :beer:

@GolfLug still driving up from VaBeach? Is this the correct list below now? Savvy, ktroop, DaveChen, dsc dropped. If correct, it's the awkward number of 5. 

Saturday, April 9 12PM, Stoneleigh (5 players)

@jsgolfer 4.3

@DaveP043 4.6

@GolfLug 8.7

@RandallT 14

@Jeremie Boop 17.7

Sunday, April 10 11AM, Springfield (5 players)

@jsgolfer 4.3

@DaveP043  4.6

@GolfLug  8.7

@RandallT 14

@Jeremie Boop 17.7 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

5 is the number now, and at that time of day, considering the weather, we'll probably play as a five-some.  I heard from @golflug, and he's probably on his way right now, arriving later tonight.  You getting here at 10:15 sounds good, bring your coffee mug.  Its going to be an adventure!

Dave

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!