IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I don't see many on this site as supportive of Trump. Even the conservative posters don't see to support him. That is why I question the sample size and accuracy of the polls. We need real primaries to sort things out.

I don't think you can draw that conclusion. People on a golf forum are not a accurate average on the whole poppulation, especially not compared to the kind of people who do vote on Trump. If I compare it to the Dutch situation, we have this populist Wilders. In the polls he's got more than 25% of the voters right now (so 1 out of 4 people). Yet, I pretty much don't know anyone who supports him. Simply because the people who mostly do support them come from certain social classes, neighbourhoods, are unemployed etc. The cirkle I'm in maybe 5% supports him, yet in certain other circles you can find close to 100% support. I guess that's the same with Trump (to a certain degree) and looking at this forum.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, thug the bunny said:

The amazing thing is that Trump and those that still support him in spite of the insane nature of his recent 'decree' don't realize that his proposal of denying all Muslims entrance into the US would be strongly counter to mitigating Muslim jihadists and their recruiting tactics. We would only be making their case for them This would quickly push Muslims on the fence into extremism, and even moderates as well.

Does the conservative American public not see this??? C'mon man!! This is common sense!

Hmmmm. What pushed the San Bernardino killers over the edge? They were welcomed into this country, no? They enjoyed all the freedoms yet still went nuts on us. So, it doesn't seem to matter whether we oppose or embrace the Muslim community. A certain amount of them are going to want to kill us anyway, and we can't tell the good ones from the bad ones.

I'm  not a Trump supporter, but I certainly wouldn't care about stopping the flow of Muslims to this country.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/12/10/watch-donald-trump-dodges-bald-eagle/77087796/

Do not mess with the Eagle Trump ;) 

http://politicsthatwork.com/blog/trump-supporters.php

Interesting look at some poling numbers done on the demographics on who supports who. I find it interesting in a way to gauge the political stance and trends of age groups. 

The worst group for Trump is 18-29. He does much better with the baby boomers. Rand Paul is more supported by younger people than older people. With in republicans is the younger generation more inclined towards a libertarian view? I think the younger age groups tend to be far less socially conservative. 

What is very strange is that typically you have to go HARD right to win the republican nomination. It's what doomed both Romney and McCain when they both tended to be more moderate conservatives. Yet Trump is winning the polls but his biggest support group in the republican part is from those who tend to lean more liberal. Maybe that is the group that has come out of the wood-work and given him this edge over your typical republican. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 hours ago, Silent said:

I don't think you can draw that conclusion. People on a golf forum are not a accurate average on the whole poppulation, especially not compared to the kind of people who do vote on Trump. If I compare it to the Dutch situation, we have this populist Wilders. In the polls he's got more than 25% of the voters right now (so 1 out of 4 people). Yet, I pretty much don't know anyone who supports him. Simply because the people who mostly do support them come from certain social classes, neighbourhoods, are unemployed etc. The cirkle I'm in maybe 5% supports him, yet in certain other circles you can find close to 100% support. I guess that's the same with Trump (to a certain degree) and looking at this forum.

True that.  Trump's supporters are for real and they will most likely to stick to it til the end.   But it is also capped to certain percentage of population.   Trump has the most negative perception outside of his support group.   I.e, he has no chance at winning the general election.

3 hours ago, RH31 said:

Hmmmm. What pushed the San Bernardino killers over the edge? They were welcomed into this country, no? They enjoyed all the freedoms yet still went nuts on us. So, it doesn't seem to matter whether we oppose or embrace the Muslim community. A certain amount of them are going to want to kill us anyway, and we can't tell the good ones from the bad ones.

I'm  not a Trump supporter, but I certainly wouldn't care about stopping the flow of Muslims to this country.

Terror attacks are going to come from all angles, from all kind of people, etc..   Far, far more people are killed everyday by other means than terror attacks.   14 were killed out of 350 million people ... more die from drug overdose, gun violence, robbery attempts, drunk driving, every day.   And some are behaving as if the US is coming to an end.   If a misguided Hindu killed people in an apparent terror attack, are we going to ban Indians from coming to US?    If a 3rd generation German American far right Christian did similar terror attack on an abortion clinic, are we going to ban Germans or Christians to coming into the States?    Let's not panic and overreact.   Banning Muslims into US?   That's 22% of the world population.   Even if Trump changes constitution, he can't make that happen just like he can't kick out 11 million illegals.    Why can't people see that most of what Trump promises to do have no chance of making it?   He is saying anything to get his poll numbers up.   As soon as it dips a bit, he comes up with another, even more outrageous thing and continue to fool people.  You say you are not a Trump supporter but you are being fooled by his rhetoric.

Some have compared Trump to Hitler.   Saying things like bring on waterboarding (physical torture), kill ISIS family members (wow, just wow) to fight against ISIS, kick out 11 million illegals (some have children who are US citizens), ...., Trump certainly looks like the beginning of a Hitler in making.     

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

4 hours ago, RH31 said:

We are talking about the consequences of adopting an alienating (and, btw, unconstitutional) policy, not about what has already led thousands of Muslims to become radical. Who knows what caused those two to become radical; maybe they were just nasty hateful people. We know that there is already fire - we need to extinguish it, not throw fuel on it, right?

dak4n6

A response to Trump when he tweeted that he has no idea who are the Muslim sports heroes Obama was referring to.

Forbs Article

Last Sunday night, in his address to the American people in the wake of the recent terrorist attacks by Islamic extremists in Paris and San Bernardino, President Barack Obama reminded the masses, ”Muslim-Americans are our friends and our neighbors, our co-workers, our sports heroes.” Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump, whose campaign has taken an incendiary if not downright bigoted tone, tweeted in response he couldn’t recall any of the Muslim sports heroes who the president was referring to:

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

55 minutes ago, Abu3baid said:

A response to Trump when he tweeted that he has no idea who are the Muslim sports heroes Obama was referring to.

Forbs Article

It sure looks like Trump does/did not know that many Blacks in America are Muslims, athletes included - Ali, Jabbar, Mike Tyson to name a few whom Trump should have met before.  What goes on in Trump's head under that toupee, I wonder.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On December 11, 2015 at 2:36 PM, rkim291968 said:

It sure looks like Trump does/did not know that many Blacks in America are Muslims, athletes included - Ali, Jabbar, Mike Tyson to name a few whom Trump should have met before.  What goes on in Trump's head under that toupee, I wonder.

Ah but that's the true tragedy.  It's not a toupee.  I don't see how it could be.  You'd have to be the most incompetent wig maker in the world.  Or there is some strawberry blonde man with huge patches of hair missing from his ass somewhere locked in the bowels of Trump Tower 

The evolution of his hair, with its weird parts, patterns and trenches will be studied for decades after this election.   From oddball color choices (it's changed over the years) to the bizarre reversal of the male pattern baldness high forehead (it's as if his hair has slowly moved down to attack and absorb his eyebrows), there is some type of master plan at work.  

—Adam

Donald's heroes are businessmen, businessmen who are fantastic people and have made gazillions. It's an exclusive club of one, okay add Carl Icahn, to whom he constantly refers. How can we expect him to trouble himself about any world outside of business? Business and marketing are what he knows ...  Any of us could be Donald Trump the politician if we don't mind acting as an outrageous figure on stage and had a billion dollars... but many of us have ethics and humanity ... gosh, there is always a catch.

The US deserves what it gets ...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

2 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Ah but that's the true tragedy.  It's not a toupee.  I don't see how it could be.  You'd have to be the most incompetent wig maker in the world.  Or there is some strawberry blonde man with huge patches of hair missing from his ass somewhere locked in the bowels of Trump Tower 

The evolution of his hair, with its weird parts, patterns and trenches will be studied for decades after this election.   From oddball color choices (it's changed over the years) to the bizarre reversal of the male pattern baldness high forehead (it's as if his hair has slowly moved down to attack and absorb his eyebrows), there is some type of master plan at work.  

I stand corrected.  LOL.

2 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Donald's heroes are businessmen, businessmen who are fantastic people and have made gazillions. It's an exclusive club of one, okay add Carl Icahn, to whom he constantly refers. How can we expect him to trouble himself about any world outside of business? Business and marketing are what he knows ...  Any of us could be Donald Trump the politician if we don't mind acting as an outrageous figure on stage and had a billion dollars... but many of us have ethics and humanity ... gosh, there is always a catch.

The US deserves what it gets ...

I didn't think he has any heroes but one, himself.  I was reviewing his vocabulary range.   I don't think he used a single SAT word, makes me doubt how he got into college.  But he has a very strong understanding of words like I, me, mine, disaster, get along, rapist, ban, bigot, rich, fabulous, ....

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Regarding Conservatives and their lack of comments in this thread, It might be that some Conservatives such as myself are simply avoiding more "points" for poor behavior.  So, perhaps they stay out even when one poster compares Trump to Hitler.  How preposterous is that.  BTW, the terrorist are trying to kill us and so, maybe, just maybe it is ok to kill them and/or their families.  I seem to recall events like WWII where just that very thing happened in various bombings to win the war.  That is, unless you think that smart bombs were used.  So, let some of you enjoy yourselves.  While I am not a Trump supporter, there is a huge portion of this country that does find some traction with what he is saying.  Thus the polls. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

16 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

Regarding Conservatives and their lack of comments in this thread, It might be that some Conservatives such as myself are simply avoiding more "points" for poor behavior.  So, perhaps they stay out even when one poster compares Trump to Hitler.  How preposterous is that.  BTW, the terrorist are trying to kill us and so, maybe, just maybe it is ok to kill them and/or their families.  I seem to recall events like WWII where just that very thing happened in various bombings to win the war.  That is, unless you think that smart bombs were used.  So, let some of you enjoy yourselves.  While I am not a Trump supporter, there is a huge portion of this country that does find some traction with what he is saying.  Thus the polls. 

I do not think anyone is enjoying themselves.

I think there is a difference in opinion on strategy.

We've done the march in the troops in a nation build strategy and found it is limited when the strategy is to build one nation that should be 3 or 4 natons - Shia, Sunni, Kurd, Miscellaneous; or is tribal as in Afghanistan.

To go into Syria-Iraq with massive ground ops only invites what ISIS wants and would being about more home attacks and attract more ISIS recruits.

Plus when ISIS is defeated, you have no strategy for self-rule, another vacuum arises and another ISIS arises -

Trump would be ISIS' biggest recruiting tool - it only takes 1-2 people to terrorize a whole city - we've seen 2 instances of that lately.

So the answer is not Trump. Wish it was that simple to march in or I think it would have been done by now. It's not simple because you are left with people with different goals to govern.

So you have massive target bombing, special forces to hunt down ISIS leadership, and see if you can get some type of allied forces to do the ground fighting ... and that is what is now occurring. More needs to be done in terms of the political solution. And until you have that, you have nothing.

But that is not what Trump discusses. People want simple solutions, that is the attraction, where no simple solutions exist. So Trump is not even selling magic beans, just hot air.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

1 hour ago, CoachB25 said:

While I am not a Trump supporter, there is a huge portion of this country that does find some traction with what he is saying.  Thus the polls. 

What he is saying and what he can or will do is 100% different things.   What Trump's supporters choose to ignore is that he has no leadership, no experience, no temperament, no brain to be the POTUS.  Saying he will send 11 million people back to where they came from, building a border wall and make Mexico pay for it, ban all Muslims entering US, ...., these are just dumb things he has been saying with no chance of their being done no matter who the POTUS is.  The reason why Trump is finding some traction is that there are enough uneducated, xenophobic, racist leaning people among us.   America is great without Trump and his supporters.   He isn't the one to make it better.  In fact, he is making it worse the longer he hangs around and spews out his hate against the rest of the US and world.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

The whole ISIS Recruiting position is a Red Herring.  They don't need Trump to recruit.  Going back to pre Crusades, the quest for Jihad has been ongoing.  The continued goal of a Caliphate drives their recruitment and so, Trumps position in simply a political ploy by the left. 

2 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

What he is saying and what he can or will do is 100% different things.   What Trump's supporters choose to ignore is that he has no leadership, no experience, no temperament, no brain to be the POTUS.  Saying he will send 11 million people back to where they came from, building a border wall and make Mexico pay for it, ban all Muslims entering US, ...., these are just dumb things he has been saying with no chance of their being done no matter who the POTUS is.  The reason why Trump is finding some traction is that there are enough uneducated, xenophobic, racist leaning people among us.   America is great without Trump and his supporters.   He isn't the one to make it better.  In fact, he is making it worse the longer he hangs around and spews out his hate against the rest of the US and world.  

8 years ago, couldn't I have made the same argument about the current President? 

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

2 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

8 years ago, couldn't I have made the same argument about the current President? 

Nope.   Come on.   Do you seriously believe Obama and Trump were same kind of candidates?   8 years ago, Obama appealed to the mess and won the election going away.    The only people supporting Trump are people dumb enough to fall for Trump's antics.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

4 hours ago, CoachB25 said:

There is a reason why many people beyond this forum are comparing Trump to Hitler, and calling Trump fascist.    He's being called that by both Dems and Reps alike.   There is a reason for that.  It's b/c he is acting like one. 

I think you need to step back and think about what you said about WWII.  Carpet bombing, killing enemy families may be acceptable then by the powers to be.   If you think we should do that now, that will put 1.6 billion Muslims against the US.  Even our allies will desert us.   Politics asides, it's not humane thing to do.  According to one source, 40 Americans were killed by Muslim terrorists this year.   Do we want to wipe out large part of population in Iraq/Syria b/c they happen to be under ISIS rule?    Trump would certainly like to but most Americans don't.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

48 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

Nope.   Come on.   Do you seriously believe Obama and Trump were same kind of candidates?   8 years ago, Obama appealed to the mess and won the election going away.    The only people supporting Trump are people dumb enough to fall for Trump's antics.  

You're right.  No comparison.  One promised all the entitlements and stuff for free and the other doesn't.  That is why no Republican will be elected.  49% are now paying for everything.  Hillary's plan will require another trillion if she meets her promises.  Trump, well, he expects people to pay their way.  No, not alike at all Comrade. 

Darrell Butler

24 minutes ago, CoachB25 said:

You're right.  No comparison.  One promised all the entitlements and stuff for free and the other doesn't.  That is why no Republican will be elected.  49% are now paying for everything.  Hillary's plan will require another trillion if she meets her promises.  Trump, well, he expects people to pay their way.  No, not alike at all Comrade. 

You are reading too much into Trump.   He is in it for his ego, nothing more, nothing less.   He is a sick puppy.  If you think he cares about anything but himself, he has fooled you, too.   It isn't too hard to figure that out if you dissect his behaviors so far.   He will say anything and everything to keep propping his ego.   He love Muslims, he want to ban all Muslims.  He'd get along fine with Puitn but he pisses off everyone (women, black, Hispanics, Muslims).   He's not what you think he is - a man who's gonna make America great.   He is shaming America, making mockery of the GOP nomination process.  

And please stop bringing Obama into the thread.  Instead, if you feel so passionate about Obama, you may want to open another thread.    Don't assume Trump hater = Obama, Clinton lover.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 2958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!