IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

rkim, I am not reading too much into Trump.  I don't like Trump.  However, he is not Adolph Hitler. So, I spoke up.  Funny you tell me not to bring up Obama.  Seems like you can compare Trump to Hitler but don't bring up Obama for comparisons.  Got it.  That a great open discussion if I've ever seen one.  Carry on and I'll leave you alone.  :-D

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

3 hours ago, CoachB25 said:

rkim, I am not reading too much into Trump.  I don't like Trump.  However, he is not Adolph Hitler. So, I spoke up.  Funny you tell me not to bring up Obama.  Seems like you can compare Trump to Hitler but don't bring up Obama for comparisons.  Got it.  That a great open discussion if I've ever seen one.  Carry on and I'll leave you alone.  :-D

Why should I bring up Obama with Trump?   They are drastically different.   OTOH, there are a lot of people comparing Trump with Hitler, and other fascists, including many Republicans.  Anyone who says things like we should ban all Muslims entering the US isn't too far from Hitler with his views on Jews.  If Trump had the power of Hitler, what do you think he will do to people who crossed him?  He won't be happy with just posting on Twitter.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, CoachB25 said:

The subject of the thread is Donald Trump. President Obama would be off topic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

The subject of the thread is Donald Trump. President Obama would be off topic.

Why wouldn't Hitler be off topic then?  You can compare the "Conservative" to Hitler and that's on topic but you can't compare the "Conservative" to the liberal.  I don't understand that.  Still, its your forum so I'll be quiet. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

6 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Why should I bring up Obama with Trump?   They are drastically different.   OTOH, there are a lot of people comparing Trump with Hitler, and other fascists, including many Republicans.  Anyone who says things like we should ban all Muslims entering the US isn't too far from Hitler with his views on Jews.  If Trump had the power of Hitler, what do you think he will do to people who crossed him?  He won't be happy with just posting on Twitter.  

Not saying I agree with Trump, but comparing his idea (of stopping Muslims from entering the US), to what Hitler did is quite the slippery slope.

1 hour ago, CoachB25 said:

Why wouldn't Hitler be off topic then?  You can compare the "Conservative" to Hitler and that's on topic but you can't compare the "Conservative" to the liberal.  I don't understand that.  Still, its your forum so I'll be quiet. 

Agreed.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

1 hour ago, CoachB25 said:

Because the thread is about Trump and someone may the silly Hitler analogy. 

Please stop acting like the victim. I am trying to moderate the thread and keep it on topic. If you want to discuss President Obama, start another thread. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

If you want to discuss President Obama, start another thread. 

That'll end well. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Trump is behind in Iowa big but still has strong lead in the National poll.   Tomorrow's final GOP debate will be pivotal (IMHO) for Cruz to overtake Trump.   It's the brain vs brawn when it comes to debating.  Cruz's polished debate skills will shame Trump's street talk.   I think Cruz & Rubio to do better with the rest of the field starting to wane after tomorrow's debate.   Trump will have his die hard fans until the end.    That's my prediction.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On 12/14/2015 at 9:39 PM, CoachB25 said:

The whole ISIS Recruiting position is a Red Herring.  They don't need Trump to recruit.  Going back to pre Crusades, the quest for Jihad has been ongoing.  The continued goal of a Caliphate drives their recruitment and so, Trumps position in simply a political ploy by the left. 

B25, Of course the goal of a Muslim Caliphate has always existed, That is not at question at this point. The question is: are  you seriously trying to maintain that a policy of excluding all muslims from entering the US will not drastically increase enrollment in ISIS? Yes, or No?

dak4n6

Colbert talks to the leading american presidential historian about Trump. 

An interesting point is that no one really like this, maybe since Ross Perot has the means to fund their own campaign, or attempted to. I think what is helping Trump is he is such a outlandish figure that fits perfect into the American obsession with reality TV that he probably gets a lot of free publicity from it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Colbert talks to the leading american presidential historian about Trump. 

An interesting point is that no one really like this, maybe since Ross Perot has the means to fund their own campaign, or attempted to. I think what is helping Trump is he is such a outlandish figure that fits perfect into the American obsession with reality TV that he probably gets a lot of free publicity from it.

He has been covered 24 x 7 by the likes of CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and by just about every media out there.   I.e, he got free press and I think that really contributed to his success in the polls.   A bit hypocritical for CNN to criticize Trump and still doing daily (often, toned down) interviews with Trump for a good rating.   To me, the media coverage/support(?) is a disaster ;-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I'd take just about anyone over Hillary rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I was of same mind until Trump came along ... Trump and Clinton, opposites attract.   :-P

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

3 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

I was of same mind until Trump came along ... Trump and Clinton, opposites attract.   :-P

Ditto. It was interesting watching Doris Kearns Goodwin above talk about honesty and lack of credibility. She used Lyndon Johnson as an anecdote and then segued over to Trump, implying how awful that would be to have a president like him. 

Yes, Trump has problems with facts. I think his approach to a lot is wrong- he's not my guy. But left unsaid and not even remotely hinted at in that discussion with Colbert, ( and to me a HUGE, "said with a Trump accent," elephant in the room) was just how horribly Clinton is viewed:

5670b34a2763e_ScreenShot2015-12-15at7.41

For December 4-9, 2015, Trump was actually seen slightly better than Clinton when it comes to telling the truth. What a joke that these are the two top candidates at this point. Just shows you how cynical we are of politicians- we mostly expect dishonesty and do not expect trustworthiness. That is sad, and I don't expect that even if these candidates are proven to be telling untruths that it will change the dynamic of the race.

Our current president told some whoppers yesterday as well, proving my point- because it's not on anyone's radar really. Ho hum. He actually said the we are only letting low level terrorists out of Guantanamo, and "only a handful" have ever returned to terrorism.  Both of those are demonstrably false. Go look it up. We have let out quite a few senior people, and over a hundred have returned to the fight, according to some experts in the area. Neither the media nor the people care, as it's an esoteric point, and Obama was praised for helping us feel better about our anti-terror efforts (while we continue to release terrorists). We have come to expect dishonesty- no matter what Doris Kearns Goodwin says.   Rant off.:-P

But keeping this to Trump, why would he be any better? We've let our presidents get away with it. For those that love Obama, it hurts when you don't point out his dishonesty (health care promises were deemed lie of the year by some fact-check group, as I recall). For those that loved Bush, ditto. Trump is the natural result, and I doubt he fears a thing from being dishonest. People like swagger more than they dislike dishonesty in their leaders.

Not sure why the well-respected Doris Kearns Goodwin thinks otherwise. She lives in a world of make-believe to me. Maybe I'm just a total cynic. Scratch that- I am a total cynic.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

He has been covered 24 x 7 by the likes of CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and by just about every media out there.   I.e, he got free press and I think that really contributed to his success in the polls.   A bit hypocritical for CNN to criticize Trump and still doing daily (often, toned down) interviews with Trump for a good rating.   To me, the media coverage/support(?) is a disaster ;-)

Nate Silver had a great piece today about how the media coverage of the Trump campaign is a self-sustaining feedback loop and that he's largely a creation of the volume of coverage he receives.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-boom-or-trump-bubble/

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

"Trump: Figure out how ISIS cannot use internet"    - Huh?  The technology does not work that way.  One can hack into their sites but that will be hard.  Creating another site will be 1000 times easier than hacking into one. ISIS already has many websites.   I.e, what Trump said is not possible to do.   Trump is not a very intelligent/intellectual person and this is yet another instance. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

6 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

"Trump: Figure out how ISIS cannot use internet"    - Huh?  The technology does not work that way.  One can hack into their sites but that will be hard.  Creating another site will be 1000 times easier than hacking into one. ISIS already has many websites.   I.e, what Trump said is not possible to do.   Trump is not a very intelligent/intellectual person and this is yet another instance. 

Yea that is not going to happen. 

Especially when you have this going on in the background of the internet. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On December 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Jeremie Boop said:

I've heard about some Dems who may cross over to Trump.

I have a friend who has only voted GOP since 1976 ... and given Trump or Cruz, he is seriously considering Hillary. You may see moderate Republicans cross over. If not exactly honest, people see Hillary as strong. So we may end up with 2 candidates with high "not trustworthy" stats... 

The only positive I see in Trump is he will bring up issues that need resolution in outrageous fashion, but I have not seen a candidate with realistic solutions. It's "carpet bomb, kill, block, put boots on ground, build wall" with no thought behind the words or their effect ... the only effect they want is more votes. So the discussion is discouraging.

But the point of primaries, I think, is not about discussion, but about appealing to the extremes in the GOP to get the nomination. But have they left themselves out to the extreme so far that they can't retreat from outrageous statements previously made... and In Donald's case, will he just double down in the general election?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 2962 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!