IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, dak4n6 said:

I don't think that the demographics of support for Trump is composed of the best and brightest (I hope). The high poll ratings for DT simply shows that there is an abundance of cretins in this country who think of life and international relationships as a video game - shoot them, blow them up, kick them out, keep them out, police state, it's all good! The more bullets, bombs, and unconstitutional policies, the better! It's easy!

Is politics becoming like reality TV?

dak4n6

21 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Not all GOP voters but those uneducated, disfranchised ones.   Poll studies show that, in general, Trump's supporters are blue collar workers with less than college educated.    These are not the best of GOP or conservative folks, and don't represent the larger USA.  

This is pretty condescending. Equating college education with 'the best' of folks, as if not being college educated makes you something less of a human being or stupid, pretty much takes the cake. And, I know alot of college educated idiots, so they run across the spectrum. And, perhaps you should look at % of college degrees in the US, its about 33% over the age of 25. That does not represent the 'larger USA'...most working class Americans do not have a degree.

Alot of these 'not the best' people have been left behind in the changing employment realities due to globalization, weakening of unions, and high cost or unrealistic means to get further education. Finding yourself without a blue collar job when you turn 40 because it was shipped overseas or incomes were driven down due to open shop does not make you subhuman American.

Not only that, high cost of college education also excludes alot of lower income families being able to afford to send their kid to college. Yes, I know there are grants, scholarships, work your way through college, etc. but the reality is that it is more difficult to work your way up from the lower or middle class than it was 20 years ago. The middle class manufacturing jobs and decent paying infrastructure jobs are not as plentiful as they once were. 

That being said, it's an interesting phenomena that the blue collar worker supports Trump or any GOP candidate, but not really surprising. The policies that got these voters in their position in the first place are largely GOP deregulated Randian BS. But, that gets pushed to the side when you are scared somebody is gonna come take all your guns away or a minority gets something undeserved.  Or because of baby Jesus. Trump or any of these GOP clowns will not change policy that will improve the lives of these voters. Trump won't do any of the shit he says about kicking out Mexicans, database for Muslims, cracking down on Wall Street, etc. 

That really is the crux of the scam all these years, the GOP plays upon emotions while it promotes policies that are not in the best economic or employment interest of a large % of these voters. Now it is backfiring, but I don't think alot of these voters have realized the real problem here. Hint, it's not the black kid down the street or the Mexican picking fruit in California, or the liberals dissing Jesus. As long as there are boogymen to peddle, coupled with utter incompetence of the opposition party to convey this message and fight upon principle instead of 'compromising' all the time, the GOP will always have a chance to further the real agenda behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, Chris E said:

This is pretty condescending.

It was not meant to be.  I wasn't saying less educated = lesser people.  If my response appeared otherwise, I apologize.

But I will clarify ... Trump supporters seem to be more xenophobic, "white only," racist leaning than the average American.   That's what I meant by their being not the best of GOP.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, rkim291968 said:

It was not meant to be.  I wasn't saying less educated = lesser people.  If my response appeared otherwise, I apologize.

But I will clarify ... Trump supporters seem to be more xenophobic, "white only," racist leaning than the average American.   That's what I meant by their being not the best of GOP.

You were comparing them to the 'rest of the GOP', and implying that was because they were not educated. You should probably get out more. 

4 minutes ago, Chris E said:

You were comparing them to the 'rest of the GOP', and implying that was because they were not educated. You should probably get out more. 

No need to get personal.  I wasn't, and probably could have said the same thing to your post. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 0:27 PM, dak4n6 said:

Is politics becoming like reality TV?

Apparently .. at least when it comes to Donald Trump.  I just read this headline:

Trump: My use of 'Schlonged' was not vulgar

Is there a non-vulgar way to use "Schlonged"?  Oh . .he just meant "Hillary got beat" . .right . .we know . . and we also know what "Schlonged" means, lol.  I've never even heard the word used that way before and I got it right away. 

I love how he just off-handly calls large groups of people "idiots" and dismisses those who try to ask legitimate questions about the things he says.  I think we are building up to a "Real Housewives" type finale here.  I just hope it stays as funny as it has been so far.             

Most voters are really uneducated in the sense they don't fully know or understand the problems facing this country, myself included.  Most politicians test, retest, poll and perfect every word that comes out of their mouths.  It's calculated to keep voters ignorant of the real issues while driving backroom agendas.  Trump speaks "off the cuff" giving him a decided advantage in popularity because it is simply such a radical concept in the modern political landscape.  It doesn't mean what he is saying carries any more weight than anyone else.  He is as full of shit, often times more so, than anyone else.

What do the common terms we hear thrown around by our political leaders actually mean.  

Conservative means "adverse to change".  Most republicans are adverse to change and anything associated with change.  Change can be a scary thing, especially the older we get and a lot has changed globally over the past few decades.  Going through life unwilling to accept change because its not completely understood isn't acceptable behavior for myself and not something I can support in any political candidate or party.

Liberal means, "open to new thoughts or behavior".  New thoughts and ideas are often unproven or unknown, and most of us fear the unknown.  I don't fear Muslims because some radicalized individuals or groups decide to do foolish things in the name of their religion no more so than I fear all Christians because of Jim Jones, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh or David Koresh.  Historically speaking, more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than all other forms of religion combined.  Read up on the Crusades. 

This is all subjective and open to interpretation.  I just fear we rely to heavily upon the headlines to chose sides which clearly hasn't been a benefit. 

48 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Most voters are really uneducated in the sense they don't fully know or understand the problems facing this country, myself included.  Most politicians test, retest, poll and perfect every word that comes out of their mouths.  It's calculated to keep voters ignorant of the real issues while driving backroom agendas.  Trump speaks "off the cuff" giving him a decided advantage in popularity because it is simply such a radical concept in the modern political landscape.  It doesn't mean what he is saying carries any more weight than anyone else.  He is as full of shit, often times more so, than anyone else.

What do the common terms we hear thrown around by our political leaders actually mean.  

Conservative means "adverse to change".  Most republicans are adverse to change and anything associated with change.  Change can be a scary thing, especially the older we get and a lot has changed globally over the past few decades.  Going through life unwilling to accept change because its not completely understood isn't acceptable behavior for myself and not something I can support in any political candidate or party.

Liberal means, "open to new thoughts or behavior".  New thoughts and ideas are often unproven or unknown, and most of us fear the unknown.  I don't fear Muslims because some radicalized individuals or groups decide to do foolish things in the name of their religion no more so than I fear all Christians because of Jim Jones, Eric Rudolph, Timothy McVeigh or David Koresh.  Historically speaking, more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than all other forms of religion combined.  Read up on the Crusades. 

This is all subjective and open to interpretation.  I just fear we rely to heavily upon the headlines to chose sides which clearly hasn't been a benefit. 

I don't know.  IMHO, GOPs seemed to be more self centered, and DEMs seemed to represent more of "live and let live."  What does Trump represent?   He is neither conservative nor liberal but 100% self centered.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On 12/23/2015 at 8:52 AM, rkim291968 said:

I think it's fair to say that many of Trump's supporters are not well educated. Most Republicans I know (that includes me) are embarrassed that someone like Trump is in the position he's in right now. Hopefully we'll come to our senses before it's too late.

3 hours ago, Pendragon said:

I think it's fair to say that many of Trump's supporters are not well educated. Most Republicans I know (that includes me) are embarrassed that someone like Trump is in the position he's in right now. Hopefully we'll come to our senses before it's too late.

http://politicsthatwork.com/blog/trump-supporters.php

Here's an interesting website. As a person gets a higher education they are less likely to vote for Trump. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

http://politicsthatwork.com/blog/trump-supporters.php

Here's an interesting website. As a person gets a higher education they are less likely to vote for Trump. 

Makes sense to me. I can't see how anyone with an IQ higher than a turnip could vote for Trump. Just my opinion...LOL.

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

Makes sense to me. I can't see how anyone with an IQ higher than a turnip could vote for Trump. Just my opinion...LOL.

If Trump wins the nomination I'll be curious to see how many votes he get in the general election compared to the Republican candidates received in the last 4 presidential elections.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Colbert on Trump

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Colbert on Trump

Thanks for sharing, very interesting perspective.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

If Trump wins the nomination I'll be curious to see how many votes he get in the general election compared to the Republican candidates received in the last 4 presidential elections.

You aren't the only one who wonders just that. In what I hope would be the unlikely event that Trump emerges as the GOP candidate, I see no scenario where he could possibly win the election, assuming that Hillary is the opponent. There are recent polls that show Trump at or near 40% support just among Republicans, but I've also seen general polls where 57% say that they'd never vote for the Donald under any circumstance.  

11 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

Looking at Trumps demographic. His voting base right now seems to be Male, Less than 50K income, No College Degree. 

A major issue is that those with less than highschool education are 17-25% less likely to turn out to vote. 

I just think a lot of people who wanted a serious candidate versus the democrats will just not vote if Trump gets the nod. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

40 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Looking at Trumps demographic. His voting base right now seems to be Male, Less than 50K income, No College Degree. 

A major issue is that those with less than highschool education are 17-25% less likely to turn out to vote. 

I just think a lot of people who wanted a serious candidate versus the democrats will just not vote if Trump gets the nod. 

According to Nate Silverman (538.com), Trump's probability of gaining the nomination are about 2%. He is betting the process will get him eventually. Trump does not have much of a ground game, looks not to win Iowa or NH, and he won't get the superdelegates at the convention. If Rubio would get his act together, he may get establishment's blessing.

And the Clintons and the Donald are about to "get it on."

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!