IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Working and listening to Trump ... how does one work doing this?

This guy appeals to such a low common denominator and is just hot air -- on Iran ... "well we just released $150b and there Iran is in Europe signing deals, deals to also buy missiles, can they do that? And they are signing with Euro Companies ... tell you what, that would have never happened ... the people in Washington are stupid people..."

Well, I will only disagree on that last part to the extent that not all people in Wa are stupid... lol

Iran needed motivation to get off the untouchable list -- they wanted their money -- Trump can't tell them they can't sign deals with European Countries and apparently conventional defense weapons are not off the table. In the real world, nuke - bad, conventional - good ... it's Iran's money. But we are sanctioning Iran for missile testing -- so maybe Washington is not that stupid. But Trump doesn't mention the new sanctions.

Trump makes these guttural, off the cuff, blow it out his a$$ comments that appeals to emotions, not reality ... and that leads to better poll numbers. But do polls translate to the voting booth?

I still predict that Rubio will win out eventually... but some people in Wa are saying that Trump is manageable...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

:-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yeah, there are tons of funny stuff on Trump on YouTube but the above was one of the best.  Thanks for posting.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I don't know about you folks, but I am sick of this election already. I don't even want to turn on the news. I keep the remote in hand to mute the commercials on TV. It's too much! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Maybe settle the election via a matchplay comp?

Would have to add a rule that it cant be played at any of the Trumpsters courses, Im sure he'd love to play the comp in Dubai or Egypt . I cant see that causing him any issues for distracting him at all :-P

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

5 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Maybe settle the election via a matchplay comp?

Would have to add a rule that it cant be played at any of the Trumpsters courses, Im sure he'd love to play the comp in Dubai or Egypt . I cant see that causing him any issues for distracting him at all :-P

Who's more of a cheat Trump or Bill Clinton :-D

We could always go with the Joker's way of selection :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

Who's more of a cheat Trump or Bill Clinton :-D

We could always go with the Joker's way of selection :whistle:

Fair point. At least Bill could treat everyone to a sax solo to distract us from the cheating ;-)

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

3 minutes ago, RussUK said:

Fair point. At least Bill could treat everyone to a sax solo to distract us from the cheating ;-)

I think people would tolerate Bill more because he just seems like a chill dude who actually cares about what people say. If you want to talk about polar opposites on how to interact with other people look at Bill versus Trump. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just now, saevel25 said:

I think people would tolerate Bill more because he just seems like a chill dude who actually cares about what people say. If you want to talk about polar opposites on how to interact with other people look at Bill versus Trump. 

I never thought Clinton was a bad president (speaking as an outsider), just a shame the whole "cigar" incident is all most people remember him for.

For me good old Ronald Reagan was your best president, they dont make them like him anymore which makes me all the more concerned about the latest bunch of hopefuls. One hand you have Ben Carson who has some rather dubious views on things like same sex marriage (he needs to move with the times), and on the other you have Trump. He;s gone from a grumpy old man with a famous pointy finger and catchphrase to a meglomanic idiot. I mean, can you really imagine him withe access to the big red armageddon button?

11 hours ago, AbsoluteTruths said:

This is true and funny.

View image on Twitter

No thank you. I do not want to go back to the 19th Century, Ted.

Disease, No Health Care except for those who can afford it or whom insurance companies choose to cover, dirty air/water, more weather variation, more war, crony capitalism, no middle class,  more divisiveness.

IMHO, Ted is a complete phony, even his arm gestures are unnatural, and the humor is forced and calculating. And like many who must have control, he defines his opponents for his own means in a few words. Brilliant because much of the American public wants someone else to think for them - Ted will do that gladly.

He needs to be kicked back to Canada, but given that a Trudeau is their PM, doubt if they'd take friendless Ted back.

Heck, Texas is already back to the 1870's in terms of its gun laws. But I will take that if we can kick Ted out of public office.

Heck, I'd even vote for Trump.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The trouble with Trump, in my mind, is that he's going to end up causing us to have Sanders or Clinton as President because of how radical he is with the things he says. In the end, though, as per usual I don't think we have any worthwhile candidates. At least none with an actual chance at winning.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

13 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

The trouble with Trump, in my mind, is that he's going to end up causing us to have Sanders or Clinton as President because of how radical he is with the things he says. In the end, though, as per usual I don't think we have any worthwhile candidates. At least none with an actual chance at winning.

The best Republican candidate is probably not a Republican - Hillary - when she escapes from her Bernie troubles, she will turn back to her conservative Democrat roots. At least she won't have a learning curve, she knows the severity of our problems, she knows how to make deals, and she knows how to play the game. Won't be anything radical... that's about all you can trust.

Heck, Trump is a conservative Democrat in these times, a moderate Republican of 30 years ago - just doesn't have the patience to study or know how to resolve issues. Unfortunately, we don't have time to train him, nor does he have the resolve or nuance to be a President.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

5 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

The best Republican candidate is probably not a Republican - Hillary - when she escapes from her Bernie troubles, she will turn back to her conservative Democrat roots. At least she won't have a learning curve, she knows the severity of our problems, she knows how to make deals, and she knows how to play the game. Won't be anything radical... that's about all you can trust.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/hillary_clinton/300022

She was pretty much dead smack in the middle as a liberal while in the Senate. 

She wont do much in office if she wins. She still has to contest with a congress that is getting more right-wing oriented. Republicans are up 58 seats in the house and 10 seats in the senate. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/hillary_clinton/300022

She was pretty much dead smack in the middle as a liberal while in the Senate. 

She wont do much in office if she wins. She still has to contest with a congress that is getting more right-wing oriented. Republicans are up 58 seats in the house and 10 seats in the senate. 

Liberal? Depends on the definition. In these times, anyone to the left of Kasich is classified as a flaming liberal. Having followed politics since 1968, in those terms she is a moderate Republican.

Her big issue in the 90's was health care. If health care for all makes her a liberal, then maybe we should all be liberals. The current system needs reform and everyone must be on board. It will take a cut throat like Hillary to get something meaningful done.

Congress was once not us against them - there was compromise and people crossed party lines. Perhaps this cycle of divisiveness will run its course soon. People are now fed up with the divisiveness -- that's why you see a Trump. But the Pubs don't "get it." They did this.

We will have to see how Congress goes ... the Pubs locked up many State legislatures over the last 30 years and have walked the line on gerrymandering, and butted up against the line in doing so. They have limited access to Dem voters by creating the false issue of fraudulent voting, insuring that even though they are the minority, they govern in the majority. That's not good in the long run for our form of government. Eventually, it will lead to a reaction.

I believe you will be incorrect on what she can do. She compromises, is better than Obama at slapping backs, and more like LBJ in framing people. She has some Donald and Ted in her in that she is ruthless.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

8 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Liberal? Depends on the definition. In these times, anyone to the left of Kasich is classified as a flaming liberal. Having followed politics since 1968, in those terms she is a moderate Republican.

I think that is also due that those who want to rant the most are the most extreme in political views, on both sides of the party. 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lets-be-serious-about-ted-cruz-from-the-start-hes-too-extreme-and-too-disliked-to-win/

Take a look at the nice chart they have. Kasich is pretty much in the conservative average.  

16 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

I believe you will be incorrect on what she can do. She compromises, is better than Obama at slapping backs, and more like LBJ in framing people. 

I everyone in the senate could compromise better than Obama. He's been one of the worst leading presidents in a long time. 

I don't know. She's been known to crumble in the past. She got railroaded by Obama in the last democratic primary. Once she faced adversity she basically just dive bombed. 

I think her confidence sways way too much. Sanders is catching her fast. I think she's good as a front runner. We'll see. She's had a lot of shots, this is her best. If the race is tight and she wins then maybe I'll have second opinions on her ability to stand firm. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Note: This thread is 2968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!