IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Polls this early really only tell us about the candidates that have no chance. Even with that, sometimes even the low poll candidates rally. There is a long way to go.

Agree, indeed, I don't even expect him to win the nomination (although I'm starting to wonder). My point was that as Trump continues to rise, the voices against get more and more shrill, and I'm enjoying that.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agree, indeed, I don't even expect him to win the nomination (although I'm starting to wonder). My point was that as Trump continues to rise, the voices against get more and more shrill, and I'm enjoying that.

The voices aren't getting more shrill, dude. Literally everyone has been calling him a moron from the outset; literally everyone has been discounting his chances from the outset. Like I said before, there are literally zero Dems who are scared of him.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

The voices aren't getting more shrill, dude. Literally everyone has been calling him a moron from the outset; literally everyone has been discounting his chances from the outset. Like I said before, there are literally zero Dems who are scared of him.

Haters gonna hate.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Haters gonna hate.

Alright.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I am an independent voter.  I never liked the idea of voting one ticket, I vote for candidates and platforms, not for parties.  In my opinion our elective process is broken, and both parties are to blame for it.  Being that this is a golf forum, I would recommend that it works much the same as qualifying for the U.S. Open, you have to go in stages.  I would like to see candidates get equal money and equal opportunity, press time in all stages.  I am tired of money being the deciding factor in who wins.  I went from being happy when McCain and Obama were beginning their campaigns both being big supporters of campaign finance reform and along the ideas of a system that promoted equity.  That all went out the window the minute Obama knew he could outspend his opponent.  He lost a lot of respect on my part for that move alone because it showed clearly that his ideas of morality only included the way others should play, and that whatever gave him an advantage was obviously morally acceptable.

Right now, I am at a loss as to who I would vote for.  I think Trump is a popular sideshow that will be derailed swiftly when people actually go and vote.  The only thing one must ask themselves is "Do I have confidence in the decision making capability of the person I am voting for having our nuclear launch codes?".  I don't have enough confidence in a self absorbed narcissistic misogynist with a bad hairdo who more recently is best known for making a jackass face while blubbering "You're fired!" to be the leader of our nation.

Hillary I think should recuse herself from the election and politics in general.  There is not a cruise ship big enough to handle all of her baggage.  That being said, if it came down to Hillary and Trump I would vote for the cankle lady.

I hope we have better candidates come out to select from.

I am an independent voter.  I never liked the idea of voting one ticket, I vote for candidates and platforms, not for parties.  In my opinion our elective process is broken, and both parties are to blame for it.  Being that this is a golf forum, I would recommend that it works much the same as qualifying for the U.S. Open, you have to go in stages.  I would like to see candidates get equal money and equal opportunity, press time in all stages.  I am tired of money being the deciding factor in who wins.  I went from being happy when McCain and Obama were beginning their campaigns both being big supporters of campaign finance reform and along the ideas of a system that promoted equity.  That all went out the window the minute Obama knew he could outspend his opponent.  He lost a lot of respect on my part for that move alone because it showed clearly that his ideas of morality only included the way others should play, and that whatever gave him an advantage was obviously morally acceptable.

Right now, I am at a loss as to who I would vote for.  I think Trump is a popular sideshow that will be derailed swiftly when people actually go and vote.  The only thing one must ask themselves is "Do I have confidence in the decision making capability of the person I am voting for having our nuclear launch codes?".  I don't have enough confidence in a self absorbed narcissistic misogynist with a bad hairdo who more recently is best known for making a jackass face while blubbering "You're fired!" to be the leader of our nation.

Hillary I think should recuse herself from the election and politics in general.  There is not a cruise ship big enough to handle all of her baggage.  That being said, if it came down to Hillary and Trump I would vote for the cankle lady.

I hope we have better candidates come out to select from.

I am with you on the above.  It's sad, ain't it?   Our leading (per poll numbers) choices are Hillary & Trump today.   At least, Trump gives us something to laugh and talk about.   I can't stand Hillary's cookie cutter speeches, and wish wash ways.

I don't know if  Super Pact stuff was approved during Obama administration.   If it was, shame on Obama.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

That being said, if it came down to Hillary and Trump I would vote for the cankle lady.

Ha, cankle lady!

I would vote for Trump before her actually.  I will never vote for someone who won't dump a cheating spouse.  That is grade-A spinelessness and anyone with that quality is not capable of leading any country imo.

Here's a major party platform from the 90s. That party won the presidency that year.

Today's [FILL IN PARTY AFFILIATION OF PRESIDENT] Party also believes we must remain a nation of laws. We cannot tolerate illegal immigration and we must stop it. For years before [FILL IN PRESIDENT NAME] became President, Washington talked tough but failed to act. In [FILL IN YEAR PRESIDENT WAS ELECTED], our borders might as well not have existed. The border was under-patrolled, and what patrols there were, were under-equipped. Drugs flowed freely. Illegal immigration was rampant. Criminal immigrants, deported after committing crimes in America, returned the very next day to commit crimes again.

President [FILL IN PRESIDENT NAME] is making our border a place where the law is respected and drugs and illegal immigrants are turned away. We have increased the Border Patrol by over 40 percent; in El Paso, our Border Patrol agents are so close together they can see each other. Last year alone, the [FILL IN PRESIDENT NAME] Administration removed thousands of illegal workers from jobs across the country. Just since January of [FILL IN TWO YEARS PRIOR DATE], we have arrested more than 1,700 criminal aliens and prosecuted them on federal felony charges because they returned to America after having been deported.

Seems pretty tough on illegal immigration to me.  Is Trump vastly different than this? Maybe not as politically correct, but at its core, mostly similar, no? Ok, no fancy wall, but heck the border patrol agents are "so close together they can see each other!"  That's like a wall.

Yes, this was Clinton's reelection in 1996.

And geez, I'm getting depressed thinking that our choices will be Clinton v Trump.  Might as well turn the lights out, we're done.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

And geez, I'm getting depressed thinking that our choices will be Clinton v Trump.  Might as well turn the lights out, we're done.

Well, we do have experience with a president who's reading abilities were suspect with Bush Jr and we're still here so it's unlikely Trump would be our undoing.  But yeah this candidate pool is remarkably bad so far.

Ha, cankle lady!

I would vote for Trump before her actually.  I will never vote for someone who won't dump a cheating spouse.  That is grade-A spinelessness and anyone with that quality is not capable of leading any country imo.

Thats because the press has been trying to cover for years that she is not much different than he is, she is no more faithful.  That is something between husband and wife and up to them what the nature of their relationship is.  I find there are far more concrete arguments that show her to lack moral character which still makes her unacceptable.  Sad thing is, most of the people in the pool to one degree or another are not morrally acceptable and I am by far and away no church lady.

Well, we do have experience with a president who's reading abilities were suspect with Bush Jr and we're still here so it's unlikely Trump would be our undoing.  But yeah this candidate pool is remarkably bad so far.

Things like that can be said about presidents from both sides of the aisle (Bush Jr.  We were not far away from a Biden presidency, the difference is media presentation.  I hate to say it but there does appear to be a slant in media presentation.  When Biden does or says something ridiculous or obscene they laugh it off and guffaw it, are all "awe, gosh, good ol Joe!  He is such a character, kind of like an uncle, you just gotta love the guy" when the person has an R next to their name its "I cannot believe how offensive this person is, they need to resign immediately".  There is a big difference in how the media shapes the people and what they do.  Case in point is Hillary.  If she were a republican she would be finished.  I know there are media companies who lean conservative but how many of them are there in comparison to the left leaning media outlets.  And by that I am including Hollywood, etc. as they do a lot of social engineering on behalf of the democratic party (not all of it do I disagree with).

For the record I will state that I am fiscally conservative and socially (I cannot bring myself to use the word liberal, or the hijacked word progressive) democratic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

I think the only reading Trump does is via Tweeter.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Ha, cankle lady!

But yet you would vote for the guy who dumped his first wife to marry his girlfriend.

A women who has since admitted to not loving. A guy who has been married many, many times!

that is sound logic!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I think the only reading Trump does is via Tweeter.

At 3 AM when his thought process is purest.

That just means when if he becomes a president, he will work well into wee hours of morning.

Wait, you will pick Trump over Clinton for the above reason?   Trump has cheated at least twice (2 divorces), and probably hundred times more.   He called many women by all kind of derogatory terms.  He is a sexist by all accounts.     (Oops, @Elmer beat me to it)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

But yet you would vote for the guy who dumped his first wife to marry his girlfriend.

A women who has since admitted to not loving. A guy who has been married many, many times!

that is sound logic!

I don't follow the guy's personal life at all so I'll take your word for it.  If he dumped the women first instead of cheating on them then I have no problem with that.  I also don't really care how many times he has been married since I think marriage is mostly a joke anyway.

My concern is Bill walked all over her and she didn't stand up for herself.  I think that is simply unacceptable in a leader.  I'm guessing she stayed with him for political gain more than anything actually but that's not any better than being spineless.  Who would she be in 2015 as the divorced wife of a former president?  Yeah, a nobody.

Any way you look at it her character is :poo: imo.

Wait, you will pick Trump over Clinton for the above reason?   Trump has cheated at least twice (2 divorces), and probably hundred times more.   He called many women by all kind of derogatory terms.  He is a sexist by all accounts.     (Oops, @Elmer beat me to it)

Oh I don't doubt the guy is a complete and utter tool.  I just think Hillary would make for a worse leader in the end.

I cannot believe I delved into discussions on politics.  Ha.  I hate talking politics as much as I hate watching it.  I find that I am far happier when I do not get too involved in politics, as in general all it really does is show how a small group benefits immensely from trying to divide our nation all the while sitting there comfortably.  My last comment on politics for now will be to state that I always get a kick out of one politician sitting in a restaurant most of us couldn't afford to order appetizers from pointing a finger at their political opponent and saying "they are out of touch with the American people".  That one never gets old to me, multi multi millionaires telling other multi multi millionaires they earn to much to be in touch with the common folk, all while perched in an exclusive restaurant typically at an exclusive club of one sort or another in an exclusive part of the nation.

God (or the flying spaghetti monster depending on your beliefs) Bless America, and hope we get some smarter people and a new way to govern that is above a two party system in place at some point in time soon.

Okay, done with my political ranting.  Back to discussing golf.

Note: This thread is 3009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!