IGNORED

Low Spinning Driver

Note: This thread is 3183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any idea on if the Callaway Razr Fit Extreme is low spinning? I know when I hit it right with what feels like a slightly upward attack, I bomb it. Goes high, stays high, goes forever.

Matrix Ozik Black Tie x stiff

One of these days you'll have to hit it right when I'm around because I've never seen you ever bomb anything off the tee. :-P

Is there a list somewhere of low spinning drivers?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of these days you'll have to hit it right when I'm around because I've never seen you ever bomb anything off the tee.

Is there a list somewhere of low spinning drivers?

Yes :-)

PING G30 LS Tec

Callaway BB 815 Double Black Diamond

Callaway XR Pro

TaylorMade R15 430

Titleist 915 D3

Cobra Fly Z+

All drivers now are basically low spin drivers, the list above is more of the super low spin, typically made for lower handicap/higher speed golfers. But all the "standard" versions of those drivers are still low spin. Titleist D2, Callaway V Series are more medium/low spin drivers.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I've been kicking around the idea of looking at a different driver. The BioCell+ I think is considered one of last years lower spin drivers, and while I can really knock it a long way on a good shot my not so good shots are not so much.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

One of these days you'll have to hit it right when I'm around because I've never seen you ever bomb anything off the tee. :-P Is there a list somewhere of low spinning drivers?

I think what that means is that you work too much! We haven't played enough.

Colin P.

I tested out the Ping G30 family of drivers a few days ago. The LS Tech (low sping) variant had a consistent low trajectory, and the lowest distance of the three.

Low-spin drivers work best for those with high clubhead speed.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

5600rpm seemed way too high for a good hit until I remembered that the 975D still had grooves carved across the face. Though from your numbers you must hit down on the ball a bit. You could be carrying 270 with that swing speed.

You're spot on.  I'm definitely delivering a descending blow at impact.  I've improved some over the past couple of years, but now I have two young ones at home, and the practice tee has largely been sacrificed.  I'm fortunate to be pretty consistent, but my next driver purchase will definitely be targeting something with a lower spin rate.

Good analysis!

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

• 1 month later...

I am currently playing a titleist 913d2,  I went in today to get fit and preorder the new great big bertha.  I also hit the R15 but after 10 shots with that I put it away in a hurry.  I was messing with a few stock shat offerings with the great big bertha the golfsmith manager brought me the double black diamond.  I told him that I did not want a driver that was that hard to hit (based on Mark Crossfield and Rick Sheils reviews of the driver).  So I said why not and I hit it with the fujikura speeder 665 evolution 2 shaft.  And after 20 shots my numbers were the best I have ever seen and I have owned many drivers in the past 5 years.  100 mph swing speed, 147 mph ball speed, launching at 14.7, back spin 2156 and total spin 2247, carry distance 260 yards and total distance 286 yards.  And my average offline shot was -6 yards left.  All these numbers were reached after moving the gravity core high and in the toe which is my normal miss.  I felt the change in the club when I moved the weight.  And after hitting the 3 wood I will be picking these up on the 18th of next month.  And let me tell you I had no plan on even hitting that club and I am sold.

Note: This thread is 3183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!