IGNORED

60 Degree How Far?

edk
Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a 588 60 degree and love it, but only within 50 yards. I can hit it farther sometimes, but not consistently. How far do you hit yours? And how often do you use it?

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 60 tit SM i can hit it all day 100yd and max out 110yd but those are bad shots100yr i can really work the ballspin it back & stop it dead

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I can get a good 100 to 110yds pretty consistently, and I can put up a really nice flop shot out to about 60-75yds. I like to drop in straight on the green like that.
Rynofskie

In My Well-Used Highlander Bag:

Driver:Redline RPM 9.5* Driver - TourLaunch Blue Shaft Rescue: "The Ripper" wal-mart special 3HybridIrons: ADAMS GT500 Undercut Widesole 4-LWPutter: Ray Cook custom mallet putterGuns don't kill people - the proper application of sight alignment, target...

I have a 588 60 degree and love it, but only within 50 yards. I can hit it farther sometimes, but not consistently. How far do you hit yours? And how often do you use it?

I think I hit my 58 degree 55-60 yards, depending on the moisture in the grass. But I rarely take a full swing with it, because I'm rarely at 50 yards; if I lay up, it's PW/GW time, and if I don't lay up, I'm chipping or making an incomplete pitch swing.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

edk, I have the same club , & I hit it about 60 yds full swing, but generally I try to keep it between 40-5o yds.

Enjoy life now ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

As close as I get to a full swing with a Lob is a 60 yard carry. I carry my SW 80, I could hit it further but haven't found a reason why I need to, I can open a SW, or choke down on a SW or swing 3/4 and hit a 65 yard shot that has less risk and stops plenty quick depending on the trajectory and spin I want. Thats half the fun for me, executing a shot.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I have a question along a similar vein...How do people hit their wedges that far? I can hit my PW 150-155 yds (46*), however, I have a 50* wedge and with the same swing I can get it 80 yds. (My 85% swing with this club gets it closer to 100yds) It seems like the faster I swing the more it sends the ball up in the air and I lose distance. I have a 60* wedge and like the OP I can't seem to get it past 60 yards.

i hit the 60 a hair over 80, though i really never do it. I only really hit full 60's when the pin is up front so the ball will fly the pin and then come back to it. Great plan until i shank it

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

With a full shot I can crank one about 80 yards. I almost never use it though. Most often I'll just use it for a super lob shot - the kind that you take a huge swipe at, and the ball only goes 20 feet. I'd rather use my pitching wedge at 80 yards.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My 61 goes 80 yards exactly with a full swing. Awesome on a couple of the holes on the local pitch and putt - I'm horrible at hitting with a partial swing, something I need to work on. Hitting SW and LW saves me the embarassment of the 150 yard freak PW I hit out onto the street on one hole there...

In My Bag:
Driver: isi-T 11.5
3-Wood: X-Hot 15
Irons: isi-K 3 - SW2 + LW
Putter: Anser 2i

I just got my 60 DEG the other day, so I'm not really dialled in to it yet. But I'd estimate about 70-80 yards.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

About 75 full swing but I only use it for shorter flop shots requiring 3/4 swing at most. On a good day golfing, that club never leaves the bag.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

65-70 is the longest shot i'd attempt with my lob wedge.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

• Administrator
I hit mine 70 yards. That's as far as I'll try to hit it, too. I could probably get 80-85 out of it, but: a) it'd probably spin back the 10 I gained, and b) if I hit it thin swinging that hard, look out!

More often than not, though, I'll ease off a sand wedge or pitching wedge. I really don't like hitting lob wedge very far and a 1/2 sand wedge that goes 65 yards is usually gonna stop fast enough and fly high enough anyway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The max for my 60 is 85 yards. Lately it has been my best club for getting me out of trouble when I need to fly it. If I am chipping or pitching I will tend to use a less lofted club.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I hit my 60* 90 yds. with a full swing.

However, I'll only use it inside of that if I've got to carry an obstacle. I don't have my partial swing distances dialed in, so if I have a 65 yd. shot with nothing but fairway in between me and the green I'm hitting a low chip / runner with my PW.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!