IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If he could do this more than once every three years or so, he wouldn't have to take a TV job.

Hard to compete at even an average level on tour when you can't even get into an event without a special exemption. He only plays about 4-5 times per year because its all the events he can get into. Either way, good for him. Always has been a favorite of mine and it was nice to see some of his play this week get a little tv time and be recognized.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Hard to compete at even an average level on tour when you can't even get into an event without a special exemption. He only plays about 4-5 times per year because its all the events he can get into. Either way, good for him. Always has been a favorite of mine and it was nice to see some of his play this week get a little tv time and be recognized.

I believe he's still sitting on an all-time money list exemption he can use for an entire season.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I believe he's still sitting on a all-time money list exemption he can use for an entire season.

I think he used that in like 2009 lol.

Riley

I think he used that in like 2009 lol.

I looked it up; I guess he did.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

ESPN needs to be showing more of the guys well ahead of the leaders on the course. If these conditions hold, they may be relevant.

Dunne chunks his approach at 1 in front of the burn. Not a good sign of things to come.

Sergio's off.

I think he's a good dark horse pick today. It seems he's let go of the baggage that's kept him from winning one of these things; this feels like it could be the day.

Looks like he shook off the "off."

-2 after 3 for T6, one back of the lead.

Edit: I misunderstood your meaning of "Off." My apologies.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Matsuyama's at 11-under past the turn, and we've just seen him in pictures for the first time. ESPN needs to stay on him.

Matsuyama's at 11-under past the turn, and we've just seen him in pictures for the first time. ESPN needs to stay on him.

Yeah he's scary good. That dude needs to wipe his camera off.

Riley

ESPN needs to be showing more of the guys well ahead of the leaders on the course. If these conditions hold, they may be relevant.

Gotta be hard to when you have such a logjam at the top. You still have to show the co-leaders and the guys who the on course reporters are with. I think they're doing the best they can.

Looks like he shook off the "off." -2 after 3 for T6, one back of the lead.

"Off," as in he's teed off. Sergio's locked in. [quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/900#post_1172096"]Oosthuizen is like Angel Cabrera. Doesn't take the regular tourneys very seriously, but come Major time, he's there.[/quote] According to Strange, his agent says he's "not the most motivated person in the world."

My pick to win it all at -15..... :-) Today could be one of the greatest, most historic rounds of major championship golf ever!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Man this is tough to watch

How is the practice green in bounds? That's a fantastic break for Dunne if he can play from there. Lord knows, he needs it.

OMG -  Dunne just hit three tee balls off the second tee...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!