IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know that its easy in general. The soft conditions sure as hell make it easier. Its a pretty daunting looking course but if you make the right decisions, especially with these conditions, its very scoreable. I would like it toughened for a return.

I was being facetious.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

HUGE putt!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Sacrilege, I know, but that is exactly my feeling with Spieth. Boring as hell.

Hey man to each their own. Spieth doesnt get me overly excited. I think if Spieth didnt have 2 majors, I would root for Rose over him if not for Day.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

I do think #6 needs beefed up a bit. I like reachable par 4s, they make for great excitement but #6 is a little too easy for these guys. Yardage is fine but maybe the bail out area to the left should be a nasty bunker or something.

Also these greens dont have a ton of break to them. You don't see many putts where there's 5 or 6 feet of break where you see at Augusta or even at Chambers. Most are pretty straight. That's why you see so many guys making everything inside of 10 feet this week.

I was being facetious.

While I may be dumb, this is playing easy right now.

Also these greens dont have a ton of break to them. You don't see many putts where there's 5 or 6 feet of break where you see at Augusta or even at Chambers. Most are pretty straight. That's why you see so many guys making everything inside of 10 feet this week.

True. Good point.

Well hopefully Baltustrol tickles more people's fancy. Its more traditional and in 05, Phil won at -4.

Seems to me that scoring is so low because the greens are so damn nice. Everything is true, balls stop on them well, and the breaks are easy to read in comparison to other courses. Doesn't seem like an easy course, just really favorable greens conditions.

The frequent commercial breaks are driving me crazy. They legit came back from commercial for Jason Day's drive, then back to commercial just now.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

While I may be dumb, this is playing easy right now.

Course is kind of designed for feast or famine. If you're in control of your ball, you'll get plenty of looks at birdie. Not a course you can scramble your way around.

The frequent commercial breaks are driving me crazy. They legit came back from commercial for Jason Day's drive, then back to commercial just now.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/76446/rory-mcilroy-omega-commercial-pga#post_1185568

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Chuuuuuuunnnnkkkkyyyyyyy

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Feels like they're not giving Grace that much coverage considering he's nipping at Day's heels. I'm multitasking though, not giving the broadcast full attention.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Day really just went chunk city. Its like me yesterday.

I'm like Grace a lot. Been a fan since he won those three tourneys in a row on the Euro Tour a few years ago. Glad to see him doing good work on the PGA... Aaaaaaaand he just made a huge mistake. Well.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

I'm like Grace a lot. Been a fan since he won those three tourneys in a row on the Euro Tour a few years ago. Glad to see him doing good work on the PGA...

Aaaaaaaand he just made a huge mistake. Well.

He is in big trouble now. We spoke too soon. Day with a chance for a par.

Note: This thread is 3191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!