IGNORED

2015 RBC Canadian Open Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really fun final round. As much as I don't care to watch pros with those long putters, I was kinda pulling a little for Hearn today.

Glad Day eked it out though. He's gotta be a top 2 or 3 pick for the PGA.

Jason Day is DJ with clutch. This was a huge win for him today. After how The Open ended along with just the overall length and drag with travel, to turn around and have a clutch final round and final few holes; that takes some mental strength. Impressive win. Hope he does well at Whistling.

• Upvote 1

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Its been a while coming. JD has been knocking on the door of a break though.

Although not a major its a great stepping stone to bigger events.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to see Jason bounce back from the disappointing finish of The Open with a win. I really want to see him win a major now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Hard not to like the emotion he showed when he drained that put on 18.

Yeah, it is great to see emotion like that in a smallish event like the RBC. 18th hole dramatics with the other two contenders watching from the fairway.

- Mark

Just a FYI, Binghamton Senators fan here.  Seen quite a few games up there.  Someday, I'd like to take a little longer trip to see the big boys play.

I would probably be a mini mob scene if he does pull it off.   Not to wish any ill will on anyone, he does have two big guns breathing down his neck.  I think one of those two will take the prize.

Cool! Hopefully Ottawa can keep up the momentum from last year's miracle run. Canadian Tire Centre is a nice arena! Worth the drive up here, especially during the playoffs!

I'm happy that Jason Day got the win! It's sucks though for Hearn didn't pulled it off. Oh well, there's always next year! Now 61 years & counting....

CBS unusually generous w/providing slo mo vids on its YT channel:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I didn't watch this weekend, but apparently Jason Day drove the ball prodigious lengths. 56 drives, averaging 321 yards? Hyperbole of headline aside, I bet Watson wasn't far behind. Day's average approach yardage - 129.

According to the PGA Tour, Day averaged 321 yards off the tee for the week, the biggest burst with a driver since the laser-guided Shotlink scoring and measurement system was first used in 2003. In other words, not even in the desert climes of Palm Springs or the altitude of Tucson had anybody ever man-handled a course to this degree.

http://golf.blotpost.com/pga-tour/jason-day-makes-bubba-look-like-a-lilliputian/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

He didn't seem too worried about hitting fairways, with these stats. 37.5% of the fairways. I didn't watch it, but was the rough easy to navigate?

The article doesn't match up with the stats below, which has Bubba as the longest.

Day is currently 2nd on the driving distance stat on the tour, behind DJ and in front of Bubba.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!