IGNORED

Golf Game Better or Worse? (January - June 2015 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is your golf game better or worse now than it was in January, 2015?

• Better
    • About the Same
    • Worse

Much better!

My index went from 12.6 to just over 9 and has been at 8.8 for one revision.

I have scored a personal best of 75 (par 72) and a low putting round with 25 putts.

I finished a series of lessons which greatly improved my ball striking and increased my distance slightly.

My average number of doubles and worse as gone down significantly (to about 2/3 of what it was at 13-14% vs 20+%), replaced by bogies (better course management with LSW).

My number of pars or better has risen from about 30% to consistently over 40%

I could still improve my number of GIRs (currently around 30% on average), but I have had rounds this year which exceeded 50%, which was never the case before...

It's all a work in progress, but I have been improving every year somewhat since I started to be serious, about 10 years ago.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely better! Started a major campaign to get healthier this past winter. All the time spent at the gym and loosing over 30 pounds definitely took a toll on my swing. I felt like I was starting over from scratch. If you were to have been unlucky enough to witness any of my rounds at the start of the year, you would have thought I never played a day in my life. My league handicap has gone from 25 to 17. So, I will call it a all around life win.

I went for worse - slightly. Handicap says so, so I can't deny it. That said, the difference seems to be a number of brain farts this year resulting in stupid scores on one or two holes. Annoying!

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Better, I think. I've been tinkering a bunch with the swing. When I get it right, I'm hitting shots far better than I have in my previous three years playing. When I get it wrong, it's a disaster. Raw scores show pretty close to the same as I ended last year with, but I think I'm on track for better down the road.

Well, just getting back into the swing of things (no pun intended) after a knee injury, but so far im hitting better than ever. I decided to stay away from the course an get myself swinging better. Decided to start from scratch and conentrate on the fundementals such as set-up and take-away and let the rest cone naturally and its working.

Its the 1st time in about 4 years that i simply cant wait to get on the course. Unfortunatley my 2 year old son and a house move are keeping me busy (ok, the former is a nice excuse ;-) )

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Better. 6 months ago I was doing well to get into the 70s. Had my first below par gross round and two level gross rounds in the last two months. If I could do this in competition, my handicap would reflect a BIG improvement.

Most certainly my game is much better today than it was 6 months ago! The swing, the strike, the power, the control (for a hi-handicapper) is so much better than it was back in January...not to mention my handicap has come down 3 shots in that time as well AND hopefully will continue to come down this year even further! Regards Mailman

Mailman

Note: This thread is 3195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!