IGNORED

Golf Game Better or Worse? (January - June 2015 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Is your golf game better or worse now than it was in January, 2015?

• Better
    • About the Same
    • Worse

• Administrator

Every six months we'll ask this question: is your golf game better or worse now than it was six months ago?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I should only get half a vote: at the moment, I have nowhere to go but up.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

I voted better

Then v. Now

Driver: D, C+

Long Game: D, C+

Distance Wedges: F, C

Pitching: F, B

Putting: B-, B+

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Im going to say my game has gotten better in of spite of my handicapp increasing by a few strokes. I feel im making progress towards having a consitent swing. I figured my handicapp would be higher than i would like this year due to changing my swing completly. Hopefuly next season will be the year I break 90.
Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Better.

Official HI:

1/15 HI = 22.4

7/15 HI = 18.6

Score average (no ESC applied):

1/30 = 26.6

7/30 = 22.7

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Every six months we'll ask this question: is your golf game better or worse now than it was six months ago?

I voted about the same.  I believe that I'm improving, however, my handicap is pretty steady.

5.9 on 1/1 and 6.3 on 7/1 ... and 6.1 now (7/15 rev)

I am very happy with my progress. I am not respectable yet, but I am closer. For example, I just shot a 104 on a really tough course I shot 117 on last year. Most of you would cringe at a 104 but I am pretty pumped

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

HCI is slightly better than when I put the clubs away in September '14 but is trending worse.  I don't feel I have golfed significantly better or worse than when I finished playing last season.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

The 5 minute practice thing and jabs from Erik and Mike have made my game much better. This 5 minute thing really works for me, and the fact that I am finally understanding more things in LSW. Also, playing a lot more with the "Player's Club" and membership helps put things to practice and has made me feel a lot more comfortable playing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I voted Better.

I consistently have more birdies and fewer Doubles + in the last two months than I did the first 2 months of this season. I also shot my lowest score in 4 years a few weeks ago.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Better - Last season I got no birdies. This year I'm getting birdies. This month in three rounds I've had four birdies.

Then vs. Now

Driver: F, C

Long Game: D, C+

Mid Game: C, B

Distance Wedges: C+, D

Pitching: B, D

Putting: C+, D

I'm hitting my driver a lot better; my long and mid-irons are a lot more solid. Well, I'm hitting them further and straighter. After two months of intense physical therapy on my rotator cuff muscles in both shoulders along with the cortisone shots, those muscles are stronger than they ever have been, and I believe they're responsible for the increased distance. Right now my short game is killing me.

I'm going to blame lack of practice for no improvement in overall scores. I just got cleared to swing a club on July 14, so I'll cut myself some slack. I probably could have worked on putting during the down time, but it was so oppressively hot outside.

The weather has gotten a little cooler, so I'll get out and practice my short game and see if I can put things together. The separation value of the long game and mid game is amazing.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Considering that in January I had just quit baseball, bought my own pair of golf clubs, had never broken 99, and had the shortgame of a 50 handicapper my game has improved dramatically. Shot my first round in the 70's today and I am hoping to be able to shoot around par in tournaments next year!

i voted worse but i guess i should have said about the same.  started the year around a 9, now a little over 10.   I videoed my swing for the first time ever this year and have really been working on my fundamentals.  It's pretty amazing how you can still play decent golf with a terrible swing.

I voted Better.

My ball striking with irons and woods has greatly improved, unfortunately handicap doesn't reflect the huge improvement (index is down 4 strokes) because I've yet to gain consistency with my driver and my game around the green needs a lot of work.

I figure driver is costing me at least six strokes and I'm losing at least another six strokes around the greens so I'm hoping that I can get to 15 index by end of summer.

Joe Paradiso

Better, not only numerically (I'll be a 14.4 -- my personal best ever -- on Aug 1), but I'm practicing better. July-December 2014, if I practiced well (and I barely practiced Sept-Dec anyway, for reasons that are stupid), it was because Evolvr handled several of the five S's for me (such as specific). Now evolvr obviously continues to help, but my general practice plans exist too.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!