IGNORED

Yea or Nay on Golf Fans Yelling Baba Booey!

Sante TwoGloves
Note: This thread is 2289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yea or Nay on Baba Booey

• Yea, I think it's kinda funny, doesn't hurt the game. Golf is too serious anyway.
    • Nay, the people that yell aren't really fans and should be kicked out.
    • I don't really care, doesn't bother me.

Having the physical ability to do something, doesn't mean that you have a right , that can be infringed upon, to do it. Not even close. Ditto at Bay Hill and The Players Championship.....

I don't really want to get into the semantics of what the word means.. As long as he is legally in the area he can say what ever he wants.. Happy now? You leave the meaning of what I'm saying and redirect the conversation for no reason. If you read the context of what I said and what I was replying to you will understand.. People who are against the yelling wanted to throw beer and punch the guy out, and for what?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't really want to get into the semantics of what the word means.. As long as he is legally in the area he can say what ever he wants.. Happy now? You leave the meaning of what I'm saying and redirect the conversation for no reason. If you read the context of what I said and what I was replying to you will understand.. People who are against the yelling wanted to throw beer and punch the guy out, and for what?

You said "infringe on his right to say what ever he wants" ... As long as we agree that he has no right to say whatever he wants, we're good. While I agree that a physical response is absolutely inappropriate (no matter how satisfying it would be), I'd have no problem with telling him to settle down and act like an adult.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You said "infringe on his right to say what ever he wants" ... As long as we agree that he has no right to say whatever he wants, we're good. While I agree that a physical response is absolutely inappropriate (no matter how satisfying it would be), I'd have no problem with telling him to settle down and act like an adult.

Agreed he doesn't have the "right" but he can say what ever he wants when ever he wants.. and like I mentioned deal with the consequences as well.

Eyad

Agreed he doesn't have the "right" but he can say what ever he wants when ever he wants.. and like I mentioned deal with the consequences as well.

I would assume that PGA Tour  has a policy where Spectators must respect the instructions of the Staff, including Marshals, etc.

So when a Marshal hold up the "Quiet" sign, you do not have the privilege of shouting, or if the teeing area is next to another green, I'd say you are limited in your privilege to shout what you want, whenever you want. You probably do not have the right to confront a player and heckle them to their face.

As a spectator, I believe you are limited in your use of boorish and/or threatening behavior.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I would assume that PGA Tour  has a policy where Spectators must respect the instructions of the Staff, including Marshals, etc. So when a Marshal hold up the "Quiet" sign, you do not have the privilege of shouting, or if the teeing area is next to another green, I'd say you are limited in your privilege to shout what you want, whenever you want. You probably do not have the right to confront a player and heckle them to their face. As a spectator, I believe you are limited in your use of boorish and/or threatening behavior.

All of that sounds as part of dealing with the consequences of shouting or acting in a way not compliant with what ever the agreement with your ticket purchase. What you are saying is they are limited in their privilege to say what ever they want without consequences.. It doesn't change that they can say what ever they want when ever they want though.. Sometimes there are consequences and sometimes there are not that's all.. Again, all I said before was that if the guy screams or what ever and someone finds it annoying it is much easier to just walk away than to escalate the situation, even if it is by saying hey can you please not do that.. Because heir reaction could always be f* you and where does it go from there? That's my opinion though and people are free to do what ever they want, including dumping a beer or yelling at him as some have suggested.. Good luck with that to them...

Eyad

It's douchey. It's stupid. But come on, are you going to suggest people who yell it be kicked out? I guess half the crowd at the Waste Management Open should be rounded up and put in jail. I'd rather they shoot people on sight who start The Wave at a football or baseball game.

All of that sounds as part of dealing with the consequences of shouting or acting in a way not compliant with what ever the agreement with your ticket purchase.

What you are saying is they are limited in their privilege to say what ever they want without consequences.. It doesn't change that they can say what ever they want when ever they want though.. Sometimes there are consequences and sometimes there are not that's all..

Again, all I said before was that if the guy screams or what ever and someone finds it annoying it is much easier to just walk away than to escalate the situation, even if it is by saying hey can you please not do that.. Because heir reaction could always be f* you and where does it go from there?

That's my opinion though and people are free to do what ever they want, including dumping a beer or yelling at him as some have suggested.. Good luck with that to them...

Of course, anyone can say anything anytime. Anyone can jump up in a  silent church or tour event, and scream, with the consequences that they are asked to leave. If your ticket says "Do what the marshals ask" and you don't, your freedom to stay at the event may be squashed. In that respect, your freedom to act like an ass is limited.

And to your other point, unless they are blasting an air horn near me, I will give them the "look" and walk.

They are not worth more trouble.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Of course, anyone can say anything anytime. Anyone can jump up in a  silent church or tour event, and scream, with the consequences that they are asked to leave. If your ticket says "Do what the marshals ask" and you don't, your freedom to stay at the event may be squashed. In that respect, your freedom to act like an ass is limited. And to your other point, unless they are blasting an air horn near me, I will give them the "look" and walk. They are not worth more trouble.

agree on all counts..

Eyad

Meh it doesn't do anything for the game but only time I ever laughed really by someone yelling was the whole mashed potatoes one. No idea why but I just found that hilarious.

• 2 years later...

old thread, but the Southwest Airlines "Wanna Get Away" campaign has a new poster child

Bill - 

hate.   it.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Note: This thread is 2289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!