IGNORED

Hello from Maine

Mike P
Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Welcome!  If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Welcome!  If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site @Mike P

Thanks for joining. This is a great place to learn and become a better golfer.  I would recommend the Swing Thoughts and Member Swings sections for learning.  You can post videos of your swing and get expert tips from our resident instructors who are the best and from other members who have worked through similar swing issues.
Check it out!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

52 yo civil engineer.  Life long lover and hacker of the game that is still searching for a swing that truly repeats.

Welcome to TST.  Where in Maine are you from?  I live in Virginia now, but am originally from Bangor.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

52 yo civil engineer.  Life long lover and hacker of the game that is still searching for a swing that truly repeats.

[quote name="Mike P" url="/t/83646/hello-from-maine#post_1179403"]52 yo civil engineer.  Life long lover and hacker of the game that is still searching for a swing that truly repeats.    [/quote] [quote name="jsgolfer" url="/t/83646/hello-from-maine#post_1179852"] Welcome to TST.  Where in Maine are you from?  I live in Virginia now, but am originally from Bangor. [/quote] Hi Mike, many of us are and getting closer to target. Check out what @mvmac suggests. I traveled to Kittery a lot and Bangor, where wife is from. Play the course there and in Ellsworth when visiting. You guys?

Hi Mike, many of us are and getting closer to target. Check out what @mvmac suggests. I traveled to Kittery a lot and Bangor, where wife is from. Play the course there and in Ellsworth when visiting. You guys?

I've played 78 courses in Maine if you ever want my take on any course send me a PM and I'll give you my thoughts.

Bangor Muni is where I grew up playing as a kid.   White Birches in Ellsworth is not the best course in the area (really short), but it is a place to play.  They do have 27 holes.  The Trenton course is a much better layout (didn't realize that they renamed it the Bar Harbor Golf Course, since it's not close to Bar Harbor, LOL) and could be a great course, but the conditions were always a little on the low end.  Kebo Valley at the base of Cadillac Mtn near Acadia National park would be the must course to play in the area, well worth the 40 minute drive from Ellsworth.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Welcome to TST.  Where in Maine are you from?  I live in Virginia now, but am originally from Bangor.

I'm in the western mountains.  I play at Sugarloaf, Mingo Springs, Wilson Lake. Lakewood.  I used to live in Bangor.  Actually right on Webster Ave, the road the "muni" is on.  Played there tons.  Bangor was a great hub for golf.  So many courses within a 20 mile radius.  Some of them dog tracks, but I never discriminated.  It's all good.

Note: This thread is 3340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!