IGNORED

I Saw a Woman Playing Alone

iacas
Note: This thread is 1071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

17 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

No one has ever asked me to join them and I am not interested in asking others to join me either...

The only worry I have about playing alone is not having a witness to my hole in one incase it happens (I have 2 and luckily both times have witnesses)!

I'm surprised no one has asked you to join up...especially at a private club.

I have always enjoyed playing golf with women. One of my most favorite person to play golf with was a Korean lady....she always wanted to play golf and was/is a really good golfer too...unfortunately she moved back to S. Korea.

We play sometimes with other Korean ladies that we met via a golf league.....also really enjoyable to golf with.

• Like 1

@rehmwa That’s the point - to make sure no one can join a single or twosome, or anyone else. I am surprised that my club allows it and they were the ones who taught me how to block off the slot if I want to play alone.

Of the ~200 rounds that I have played at this club, about 1/3 were played as a single and I usually leave the slots open too. Not once had anyone added themselves to my time.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, FlyingAce said:

they were the ones who taught me how to block off the slot if I want to play alone.

that's weird for sure.....what could they be thinking

Bill - 

@Mr22putt People at my club are not exactly friendly. They either have their own group already or they want to keep to themselves. I am pretty sure the issue is not me!

1 minute ago, rehmwa said:

that's weird for sure.....what could they be thinking

They also have no problem with people not showing up for their tee times on weekend mornings AND not cancelling. That pisses me off!

7 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

@Southern by Choice Fivesomes and singles are normal during weekend mornings at my club! Most fivesomes are jerks and would not let anyone play through! I’d have to skip the hole instead. I was behind a fivesome yesterday and finally gave up after hole 13. I skipped 14-16 and got back on 17 and 18.   

We use an online system to request tee times up to 7 days in advance and the proshop will assign times 3 days before. Once the tee sheet is opened, anyone can go in and take whatever they want. 

I can put up to 5 players for each time slot. If I want to play alone, I just put my name down and block the other 4 by putting “guest”. That way, no one else can add their names to my time. I usually leave mine open but no one has ever joined me. The proshop also rarely puts players together so everyone has to find their own playing partners!

I didn't see this earlier post.

OK...are we being trolled here?

What kind of course whether it be a private or public course would allow 5somes and singles to go out on their own...especially on a weekend morning.

It is a rural course that no one plays?....your post doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

@Mr22putt People at my club are not exactly friendly. They either have their own group already or they want to keep to themselves. I am pretty sure the issue is not me!

They also have no problem with people not showing up for their tee times on weekend mornings AND not cancelling. That pisses me off!

I'm assuming you are a friendly person...I can't understand why no one would not want to play golf with a friendly woman who plays to a 7.7 handicap.

As I previously posted, the Korean woman who we used to golf a lot with, she was so popular in the golf league....all the guys in the league always wanted to be paired up with her...she has a great personality, a good golfer (10-11 handicap) and is very attractive....there is no way if she was at a course as a single that she'd be playing on her own...she would be asked to join up with many, many golfers.

Her English wasn't great...but very passable...but that never stop anyone to ask her to play golf with them.

Where do you play golf where everyone seems so unfriendly?

I've never heard of a course that would knowingly not have an issue with people not showing up for their tee times.

I saw a middle aged asian woman playing alone this season.  it's definitely rare, but that being said, I rarely see women playing as groups as well. they probably account for maybe 1% of all the golfers I see playing which is a shame as I'm incredibly attracted to women who golf lol, especially if theyre decent. 

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

On 9/23/2019 at 5:46 PM, downbylaw11 said:

I saw a middle aged asian woman playing alone this season.  it's definitely rare, but that being said, I rarely see women playing as groups as well. they probably account for maybe 1% of all the golfers I see playing which is a shame as I'm incredibly attracted to women who golf lol, especially if theyre decent. 

What courses in Vancouver do you play which might only have 1% of all golfers being female?

If we take 100 golfers..it would take twenty five 4somes on a busy tee sheet about 4 hours to cycle through...so you're saying you'd only see 1 female golfer in 4 hours at the courses you play golf?

Of the courses I play here in Vancouver....if I worked in the pro shop.....I would likely to see at least 10-15+ females tee off in those 4 hours....even in the winter.

We have a woman that plays alone every morning at our course. She's usually the first one out on the course and plays in 3 hours or less.

My wife is still working, so she isn't able to get out with the rest of the ladies groups, so she'll play alone in the afternoon after work, when she can't coerce me in to going with her.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

On 9/25/2019 at 11:30 AM, Mr22putt said:

What courses in Vancouver do you play which might only have 1% of all golfers being female?

If we take 100 golfers..it would take twenty five 4somes on a busy tee sheet about 4 hours to cycle through...so you're saying you'd only see 1 female golfer in 4 hours at the courses you play golf?

Of the courses I play here in Vancouver....if I worked in the pro shop.....I would likely to see at least 10-15+ females tee off in those 4 hours....even in the winter.

well, it could also be the time of day I play. I usually play bright and early, and many women may play in ladies leagues.  I guess if you were to go to riverway, you would often see a bunch of 70 year old asian ladies at all hours of the day, but I usually play at guildford and green acres, and at guildford, during my time there, I saw maybe 2 women the entire season which was probably 20+ rounds I played there, so yeah, it's a low percentage, and at green acres I probably saw 5 women all season in maybe 10 rounds?  Not sure why you actually spent time trying to do math of the women on the course that I may or may not have seen.  It's not like I have hard evidence of 1%, but they account for a micro fraction of the total golfers on course at any given time.  I believe it's 19% according to something I read.  Many of those probably playing with other women, and probably not playing at 6am as usually the men are the only ones addicted to golf enough to get up at 5am to go play golf.  I could be wrong on that though? 

56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16

On 9/29/2019 at 5:25 PM, downbylaw11 said:

well, it could also be the time of day I play. I usually play bright and early, and many women may play in ladies leagues.  I guess if you were to go to riverway, you would often see a bunch of 70 year old asian ladies at all hours of the day, but I usually play at guildford and green acres, and at guildford, during my time there, I saw maybe 2 women the entire season which was probably 20+ rounds I played there, so yeah, it's a low percentage, and at green acres I probably saw 5 women all season in maybe 10 rounds?  Not sure why you actually spent time trying to do math of the women on the course that I may or may not have seen.  It's not like I have hard evidence of 1%, but they account for a micro fraction of the total golfers on course at any given time.  I believe it's 19% according to something I read.  Many of those probably playing with other women, and probably not playing at 6am as usually the men are the only ones addicted to golf enough to get up at 5am to go play golf.  I could be wrong on that though? 

LOL.....Green Acres and Guildford are 2 of the courses in Vancouver I most loath.

I played Green Acres 26 years ago and vowed I'd never return....I only played it because a guy from work was flying back to Toronto on a Sunday and wanted a quick rd so he suggested Green Acres because it was close to the airport.

I'll only golf at Guildford if it's really cheap to play

No wonder you don't see Asian women playing golf...they know better to stay away from the above 2 course...lol.

Yes, I imagine you won't see too many women dew sweeping. I play a lot of twilight rds...tons of Asian playing then.

Go out to play Mayfair, Burnaby Mountain, Fraserview, Langara, McCleery, Carnousite, Golden Eagle, Swaneset and Belmont....tons of Asian women playing there.

FWIW...I was at the range at Burnaby Mountain last week...saw 3 Asian women in the parking lot leaving to go home...a good hand full of women playing on the course and 8 Asian women at the range out of maybe 40 total golfers practicing.

19 hours ago, Mr22putt said:

LOL.....Green Acres and Guildford are 2 of the courses in Vancouver I most loath.

I played Green Acres 26 years ago and vowed I'd never return....I only played it because a guy from work was flying back to Toronto on a Sunday and wanted a quick rd so he suggested Green Acres because it was close to the airport.

I'll only golf at Guildford if it's really cheap to play

No wonder you don't see Asian women playing golf...they know better to stay away from the above 2 course...lol.

Yes, I imagine you won't see too many women dew sweeping. I play a lot of twilight rds...tons of Asian playing then.

Go out to play Mayfair, Burnaby Mountain, Fraserview, Langara, McCleery, Carnousite, Golden Eagle, Swaneset and Belmont....tons of Asian women playing there.

FWIW...I was at the range at Burnaby Mountain last week...saw 3 Asian women in the parking lot leaving to go home...a good hand full of women playing on the course and 8 Asian women at the range out of maybe 40 total golfers practicing.

I played fraserview last weekend. what a f***in ripoff for a uphill soggy mess.  The reasons why I golf at guildford and green acres are as follows.  Guildford is 10 minutes away from my place and it's easy to get a tee time as a single in the am.  and i mean, actual single as in I prefer to play alone most days, and it's only 45 bucks in summer.  It's also set up in such a way that I use every club in my bag for all situations.  The conditions there are garbage, but for the convenience, price, and relative challenge, it's a good play. 

Green acres I play because it is closeish to my sunday golfing buddy's place, and he was afraid to play anywhere else because we usually play there just the 2 of us and don't get paired up. He is usually afraid to play with other people as we played burnaby mountain once last year and he freaked out and played terribly.  That being said, Green Acres is in pretty amazing condition the last few years.  They pumped a bunch of money into the drainage 2 years ago and it shows.  I play there in all conditions and it isnt soggy at all, and when it's dry the fairways are firm with lots of run.  The greens have improved 100% over the last year as well.  I believe the course is owned in part by shaunnessy, so they clearly care about it now.   

But yeah, obviously either of those courses are not of the quality of most of the ones you mentioned and I'd love to regularly play them but my friends are all 30+ handicaps who are afraid to play nice courses. I played mayfair and belmont as a teenager but havent made it out there since. I have bad memories of belmont from a highschool tournament lol

56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16

Down:

Ya..it's not easy to find cheap golf on weekend mornings.

I think Belmont has some weekend dew sweeping specials in the summer...look on-line.

A member at Shaughnessy told me they have no intentions anymore to develop Green Acres when their current location lease expires in 2032.

Supposedly, they bought GA and the adjacent land years ago for $4M...now it's worth $15-$20M???????

Just tell your friends not to be a bunch of babies and act afraid....the only thing others golfers care about is their pace of play.

• 3 months later...

Saw the infamous unicorn yesterday. We caught up to her on the third hole. She was playing 2-3 balls, and would pick up when she saw us arriving at our approach shots to the green. Then on the 18th fairway we realized the unicorn simply vanished...🤷‍♂️

My wife plays and we usually play together.  I remember the day when she had a day off from work and when I got home I asked how she spent the day?  I about fainted when she said she went to the Club and played 18!  Alone!

1 hour ago, Sandy Lie said:

My wife plays and we usually play together.  I remember the day when she had a day off from work and when I got home I asked how she spent the day?  I about fainted when she said she went to the Club and played 18!  Alone!

That's funny!  You thought you knew her!

Played twilight 2 weeks in so so weather.

A single woman joined my friend and I. On the 1st green I noticed she had a Scotty (custom fitted) and walking to 2nd tee I looked in her bag and saw Ping S57 irons.....once I saw the irons I knew she was a bit of a "Playa" and not surprised she'd come out alone to play golf.

Yup, you guessed it...an Asian woman (Chinese)....but it's not unusual to see women playing alone here in Asia Central.

Is it really that rare to see women golfers? And for them to play alone?

In the summertime, I like to go out alone at 7:30am to beat the heat. Sometimes I get lucky and get to go out a few minutes before the first group since the starters know I play fast. 

In the last 2 years at my club, I have only been paired up twice with someone else as a single. Maybe next season I will try to play with other people more often. 

Note: This thread is 1071 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!