IGNORED

2015 Newport Cup Matches Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

http://thesandtrap.com/t/83905/ping-2015-newport-cup-prediction-contest-win-a-g30-driver/72#post_1197013

*GASP* You should probably change your avatar to the more appropriate one considering who you are cheering for... Just sayin'

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

*GASP* You should probably change your avatar to the more appropriate one considering who you are cheering for... Just sayin'

Haha, it's not that important (IMO).

Do you think they meant the 3rd match the Red team is up 1 for the match?  They've been posting that the second match is a slaughter.

Yes.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Not absolutely sure what the scores are now, so I'll wait to post something later.

I think Match 2 will go RED (BLUE might salvage something on the back 9 though)

Matches 1 and 3 are nail biters though.

Lots of points up for grabs, but it feels like RED is poised to take a lead after morning play.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Not absolutely sure what the scores are now, so I'll wait to post something later. I think Match 2 will go RED (BLUE might salvage something on the back 9 though) Matches 1 and 3 are nail biters though.  Lost of points up for grabs, but it feels like RED is poised to take a lead after morning play.

@RandallT yeah, not sure about the scores, I'm just posting the Tweets. Try replying to the tweets directly, maybe they'll answer?

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallT

Not absolutely sure what the scores are now, so I'll wait to post something later.

I think Match 2 will go RED (BLUE might salvage something on the back 9 though)

Matches 1 and 3 are nail biters though.

Lost of points up for grabs, but it feels like RED is poised to take a lead after morning play.

@RandallT yeah, not sure about the scores, I'm just posting the Tweets. Try replying to the tweets directly, maybe they'll answer?

Yah, except that I went off the grid on twitter a couple years ago. Ha.

I'll bet things are getting pretty exciting down the stretch, and they're just enjoying the camaraderie, and staying off their devices. I'll let 'em have their fun, and look forward to a good summary.  My prediction is that things were starting to roll in the West's favor there.  Felt like a US Ryder Cup, watching the Europeans take control.  I'm sure the West will resent that comparison! :-D

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4 points yet to be decided for Matches 2/3. Gotta think West takes the Total for Match 2 easily. Perhaps runs the table on the last 4 points, but too early to tell.

My Swing

Nice morning rounds. Blue team up 5 to 4. Looking forward to what the afternoon rounds bring.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Team East Coast takes the early morning lead on day 1 with a pair of nailbiters overcoming a drubbing by the west coast in the second match. @saevel25 drained a huge putt for us on 18 to save our 1Up win of the match and a halve of the back.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!