IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

81 on a 72.3/132. 39 front, 42 back. Very pleased with this as this is a course that has previously given me huge problems. Not my lowest score ever, but considering the difficulty of the course this was one of my best rounds!

Shot an 82 yesterday. Fairly tough conditions with all the rain we've had lately. Very windy out yesterday too with the daily band of storms that started up. I've lived in Florida for over 20 years now, and I'm still not exactly sure why it's called the "sunshine state". We get thunderstorms every single day in the summer. Anyway, had a chance to break 80, but double bogied that last hole which was a par 5. The wind got to me, and I thought I needed a little extra in my swing to get over a pond. Mishit the shot and dumped it in the water. Couldn't do anything but laugh at myself after that. I love this game.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

Shot 90 (46-44) in a tournament. Actually hit the ball pretty well but my short game was awful, putting was tentative and chipping just wasn't good enough. Had a couple of doubles but just couldn't convert bogeys to pars all day. The frustrating thing is that the winning score was net par!! The only redeeming feature of my round was a short par-4 where you have the option of going for the green or laying up; I laid up and hit my gap wedge to 4 feet for a birdie which won me a skin.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Hit the ball horribly on Saturday. Course is rated 72.9/134. I shot 79. I had one birdie all day and literally missed a one foot putt (after a great bunker shot).

On a positive note, my bunker play was amazing all day. First hole, par five, hit into the back bunker and put the shot a foot from the hole (missed the putt...). Next hole put my tee shot in the fairway bunker 177 out. Took a six iron and hit it on the green about 10 feet from the hole. Was very happy about that. Still have a lot of work to do with the flat stick. I'm getting there though. I had 32 putts with no three putts, so that is quite the improvement for me.

Back to the putting green to get ready for the Nevada Mid-Amateur! One month and one day!!!

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

shot a 45 for 9 at pleasant view-i hit the flagstick on a par three and the ball bounced down a hill below a tree-enter double bogey.

but i birdied the next hole

then i shot a 3 over 30 on the par three course

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Shot 70 (-2) again. Different course this time. 38-32. I made 8 birdies for the most birdies ever in one round. How can you make 8 birdies and not shoot lower that (-2) you ask? Well you make 4 bogeys and a double as well. I only had 5 pars on the whole day. I cannot complain though, its finally a step in the right direction.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

91 today @ TPC Deere Run. The pins were the same as Sunday for the John Deere Classic. I feel pretty good about the 91 considering my ball-striking was way off today w/ my irons. Hit 50% fairways and NO GIR. 31 putts total, so at least the putter was working. The greens weren't as fast as I expected for a tournament being played the day before. Course was in great shape. I'd rate it a 8.5-9 out of 10. We're going to make this an annual trip!

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

shot my Pb for 9 today... +1 36. 2 boogies 1 birdie. Finally have confidence in my driver, working the ball pretty good.. Just waiting for it all to come together, and hopefully can acheive my goal this year... even par over 18 holes.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Very pedestrian 80 at Camarillo Springs but I can feel it coming around for me.
In the bag 8/12/09:
R9 w/ 63g S Fubuki | 909F2 13.5º | 909H 19º | MP-67 w/ Project X 5.5, 3-PW | Spin Milled 52â¢04, 56â¢08, 60â¢04 | BC1, 35" | Tour One | uPro

Hcp: 5.9
Trend: 5.2

Played 8 holes until dark with a pal.

shot a 39 out of 31 available, didn't feel like I played well at all with driving but was delighted with my recovery shots and putting especially.

Played 18 today, shot 91 (49-42) Struggled mightily on the front 9, but really got it together on the back 9, started off 10 and 11 with back to back pars. My driving wasn't all that great, but I hit quite a few solid iron shots along with some short pitch shots from inside 50 yards that were pretty solid, I was able to get up and down for bogey on more than one occasion today.

Shipmates,
So I played my weekly early a.m. 9 holes. Very heavy dew and the greens had not had their morning shave yet. Started out on fire (for me), with one par and 3 near-misses (+3). But, and perhaps inevitably, as I began to realize I was on track for a personal best, I blew up spectacularly with a hosel rocket of the tee on no. 5 and took a max, then sliced my driver for triples on each hole thereafter, leaving me at 51, or +18 through 9 holes (vomit). On the bright side, my putting continues to improve -- just one 3 put, which was truly a lapse in concentration rather than a misread or mis-hit. Anyway, despite the lost opportunity, during those first 4 I finally thought, ah, so this is what golf is supposed to feel like. Great feeling.

F: 1
GIR: 1
U/D: 1
P: 19

Nike Sumo 5000 V2 (9.5°) & SQ2 3W (15°) | TaylorMade Rescue Mid (19° & 22°) | Mizuno MX-23 4-PW | Callaway X-Tour (56-13°) & X-Tour MD (60-11°) | Bettinardi C-03

"I don't care how good your iron play is, if you can't drive it in the fairway you might as well break 'em up or use 'em...

• Administrator
73, white tees, Lake View . Paid $5, won $10, though $3 of that was in the dollar nassau and $7 of it was splitting skins with my partner.

I've hit all of about four iron shots solidly in the past month. Everything else is ever so slightly off the toe.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

39 for 9 today
Wasn't too happy. Hit the big stick pretty consistently but putting was bad
19 putts on 9 holes, not a great putting day.

Driver R7 Quad
3 Wood R7 Quad Ti
Irons 3-PW FP
Wedges SV 56,60
Putter White hot 2 ball

87 -- first time at Old Ford Manor which was one of the courses for Regional Qualifying for this year's Open Championship. Greens were great -- much faster than my home course. Still managed 32 putts, but was very poor from tee to green today.

--
Tee it high, let it fly!

MP-600, Fujikura E360 Stiff
Hi-Bore 1i, 2i, Stiff MP-57, DG S300 52.08, 56.08., 60.07 FISHER GOLF - CTS-1 Burgandy Insert ProV1