IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

First 70's round at my home course this season (see link). My home course is pretty tough. This was also a men's association round (front) and was my lowest in the tournament so far this season. It would just be an average score in previous years, but it's good to get my game back to about where it should be. It's been a tough year.

http://www.mygolfdomain.com/round_view.php?round=786

My Golf Domain.com

Decent round last night. Five Pars (two birdie putts lipped out and one burned the edge), two bogeys and two tripples. On one I hit a terrible tee shot and my recovery left me pin high on a 230 yard par 3 with the flag cut close to me. I had 15 yards of rough and not much green to work with so I tried to flop it. I was worried about leaving it short in the rough if I pitched it. I caugth it clean and flew it 20 feet too far. Three putts later I was in for six. The other one was a result of a bad break. I hit a great tee shot that split the fairway but landed in a depression below my feet. The pin was tucked in a corner and I tried to go over the trees instead of just punching it to the front edge. Bad lie and a weak swing led to a lost ball. I followed that up with a fat shot, a good lob and two putts for a seven. All things considered, I was pretty happy with the way I hit the ball. I followed both of my tripples with pars.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

First week of our league playoffs. Birdied 5 of the first 7 holes and then 3 putted the 8th hole. Ended up with a 32. I actually didn't hit the ball great off the tee, but the course is a bit short and I had my wedges going very well all night. Each birdie putt was no longer than 4-5 feet. It could have been a couple strokes better, but just about every round can when you look at it.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sheesh, 5 of 7 is pretty awesome!

In anycase, you can call me the long putt bomber. Played the back nine yesterday...

10) 2-putt par from 6 feet.
11) 2-putt par from 4 feet.
12) Tricky 3 foot 1-putt for a nice up and down from the bunker.
13) Huge downhill right to left 30 footer for birdie.
14) Slippery 3 foot for par.
15) Super lag 2-putt par from 35 feet.
16) Dead in the heart, one roll short from dropping downhill left to right monster breaker 35 footer, 2-putt par.
17) Great 20 footer for birdie. Yet again downhill, extra side hill, right to lefter. The best part was the hooking punch under a tree over a lake to 20 feet. I would'a been happy with a par where that tee shot left me.
18) Plain old 2 putt from 15 feet. Probably the easiest of my putts all day...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I blew up yesterday .... 87 at The famed Dunes Club. I couldn't get off the tee and was in 3 1/2 inch rough most of the day. Which in turn didn't allow me to hit to many greens. The ball fell right down thru it and made for a difficult time spotting them and very difficult chipping, pitching around the greens. They have as new strain of Bent there that is salt water tolerant, so the greens were firm and fast .... it was a tough humbling day after shooting 73 Sunday.

-What's in Da Bag?-

TaylorMade M1 8.5 
Cobra SZ strong 3
3-w Titleist 735 CM 

Hey Guys,

Went out and played my 3rd and last round of the summer intill next summer. Went and played a course I played a few years ago in high school golf. Shot 45, 39 for a 84 at Lake Spanaway Golf Course (Tacoma, WA) {http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/abtus/ourorg/parks/LSGC.htm}
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

• Administrator
Shot a 79 at Lake View today after an 82 (43, 39) yesterday at Mystic Rock. I'll write more about Mystic Rock later... the 79 was just goofing around with the kids on the high school team (or the ones trying out for it, anyway).

More on the (mis)adventure at Mystic Rock later, including the tale of someone whose name will require an alias.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Saturday in 102 deg (heat index at 124 I've been told) - my County Open qualifier - shot 78 with 4 3-putts and 14 GIR... I guess my putter doesn't work in the heat. Smoking everything else though - made the cut by 2 strokes. Finals 9/18 - 36 hole stroke event. By then I should have my new Taylor Made Corza putter, so watch out

• Administrator
Saturday in 102 deg (heat index at 124 I've been told) - my County Open qualifier - shot 78 with 4 3-putts and 14 GIR... I guess my putter doesn't work in the heat. Smoking everything else though - made the cut by 2 strokes. Finals 9/18 - 36 hole stroke event. By then I should have my new Taylor Made Corza putter, so watch out

The metal in putters get soft and thus behave erratically in high heats. Yep, that's it!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The metal in putters get soft and thus behave erratically in high heats. Yep, that's it!

Thanks Erik, I was already afraid that I can't putt, but thanks to you and your scientific explanation I regained my confindence !

I was lucky and got out to play today right before I head to school tomorrow(wednesday) morning. Wont beable to play in till next summer. Well I shot, 40-39 for a 79 at Kokopelli in Arizona.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

• Administrator
Pair of 38s that included, well, for my own sake (sorry, y'all!):

1: good drive, good layup, pulled the pitch shot on a tad, nearly chip in for birdie. Par.
2: drive left a little right, thinned the approach into front right bunker. blast hit the pin and sat on the lip. par.
3: drive a little right of the fairway. crappy second way out on the toe. decent chip, just miss par putt. bogey.
4: weak shot on toe to bunker. blast to 8 feet. make putt for par.
5: drive to top of hill. lame shot into bunker. blast but get no right-hand spin. two-putt for bogey.
6: drive right among trees (but not far offline), solid second through opening with hybrid. 100 yards to dangerous pin, leave it left on purpose, two putt for easy par.
7: hybrid to 35 feet, two-putt for par.
8: 3W down middle then blocked 8I. pitch to green flies long, so I nearly chip in again and settle for bogey.
9: good drive, nice second shot, two putts for par.

10: drive well right of intended line (tends to happen on this hole), second shot goes a tad left, pitch shot hits and goes nowhere closer to the hole, miss tricky six-footer. bogey.
11: Great drive, nice second that almost went in but sucked back 35 feet (with an 8I - yes the green slopes a lot). Easy two-putt for par.
12: 7I to middle of green. Two putts for par.
13: weird short big cut 3W off tee. hybrid to 100 yards. wedge funnels into bowl, two putts for par.
14: lose ball a tad right with 5I into crappy lie. make good pitch but putt just misses. bogey.
15: drive out to the right a bit too much. punch down to lower fairway. have good run at 10-footer for par, settle for bogey.
16: drive up the hill is solid, second shot is cut a bit too much but finds green. two putts for par.
17: nearly pop up drive - goes a full 75 yards shorter than normal. bust a 3W to 100 yards from pin. put ball to ten feet. make putt. birdie.
18: yank drive into trees (trying to eliminate the stupid cut). punch out all the way to greenside bunker. pitch on to 15 feet, two putts. bogey.

• Administrator

Shot another pair of 38s today at Venango Valley . Par is 71, so, +5, net 69. It was a Modified Southern tournament and my team (22 handicapper on my team) shot 93 for a 71. We scored 75 points - winning team had 93.

I parred every hole on the front except 2 and 9 - I got a birdie that won me $75 on 9 (a 480-yard par 5, two putted for birdie) and I tripled the par 3 when I hit a rock out of a bunker and my ball shot off towards some bushes.

I hit 8 GIR and just as many fairways on the front. My driving left me a little on the back and the greens got tougher, but I couldn't putt to save my life today. On the first four par-4s, I never had a birdie putt outside of 7 feet. Missed them all. They're slower than I used to and I kept missing everything high - putts don't break as much on slower greens!

So, all told, one of the most enjoyable and yet one of the most frustrating days ever. I had an 8-footer for birdie on 18 and it lipped out (one of six or seven for me on the day). In fact, in my foursome, we had one putt holed over eight feet (for a par). One.

Low score, btw, was a net 57 on a gross 84.

4 38's in a row...talk about consistancy . Looks like some nice rounds and a lot of good scrambling to save par.

Chris

What's in the bag?
Taylormade R7 Superquad
TaylorMade Burner 3W & 5W
Hogan Edge Hybrid 21*
Mizuno MX20 4-PWCleveland 588 GW & CG10 SWOdyssey 2-Ball Center ShaftTitleist NXT Tour

• Administrator
4 38's in a row...talk about consistancy

Actually, I think I only got up and down once today. Even my birdie was a two-putt.

The greens were slower than I am used to and they simply didn't break enough. I missed one putt on the low side, and it was from 50 feet or so. By two or three inches. :-|

Had our club championship this weekend and here are the numbers:

37-37-74 (Par 72)
8 Fairways
10 Greens
29 Putts

Played well after losing a ball on the first hole. Started with a double and played even par the rest of the way. I heard Bob Rotella in the back of my head telling me that everything would be OK. I finished with a birdie on the last hole after stuffing a 5 iron to 20 feet and running the putt in. I was one shot back after the 1st day. The course (Tanglewood Reynolds) was playing around 6300 yards, but it is a very tight and hilly course. Only hit driver 3 times...and not once on the back 9.

35-35-70 (Par 70)
9 Fairways
11 Greens
28 Putts

Made some good putts on the first few holes...one to save par and another for birdie. The turning point in the round was on #7 where after leaving my 2nd shot on a par 3 back in the bunker I chunked one out of some wet sand to about 15 feet and rolled the bogey putt in. I really wanted that putt and put me in a good position when I did. Struck the ball solid and didn't make any mistakes all day. I only missed one makeable putt. The Championship Course was playing around 6500 yards...it is much more open than the Reynolds course and has big, tiered greens.

Anyway, I ended up winning it! By about 5 or 6 strokes. Felt really good to finally put a couple decent rounds in during a tournament. Now I have to figure out how to spend the $250 gift certificate...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Anyway, I ended up winning it!

Wow! Great job! Congrats.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
Anyway, I ended up winning it! By about 5 or 6 strokes. Felt really good to finally put a couple decent rounds in during a tournament. Now I have to figure out how to spend the $250 gift certificate...

Congrats! Do they take that gift cert in the bar?