IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Tale of two nines today. played the back first at Eagle Bend in Lawrence. Lost three balls. Shot 43 with the six strokes of penalty. Front nine I bogeyed the first then lit it up. Hit fairway and g.i.r. on the rest of them. made two birdies (two putted the last hole for birdie (and still remain eagleless this year)) and six pars for a 35. 78 with three lost balls. damn, today could've been low . Was pounding the driver and really striking the irons better than I have in a while. I've been playing these i5 irons for three weeks and am really liking them. so pure. so buttery.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

76 today. (+2) (+4)

No lost balls- Got really lucky, found everything
No 3 Putts (28)
8 GIRS
Approach is still amazing, 6/8 of them within 10 ft.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5Β°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15Β°
5 Wood: r7 19Β° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60Β°Wedge: Z TP 54Β°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

43 yesterday after work... slowest 9 I have ever had to play

took 2hr 45 mins, we actually joined up 2 4 somes and played the last 2 holes in it was so bad

had 2 3 putts on GIR par 3's and 2 dropped shots by rolling drives into jungle rough

had the right game for a sub 40 9, still played well and had great save shots

Taylormade TP 2010 9.5 FubukiΒ stiff
07 Burner 5W stiff

Adams F11 Ti 3W Adilia NVS Stiff
Bobby Jones 21* & 25* Hybrid
AP1 4-gw
CG14Β  60*::X forged Vintage 56* Ping b60 putter Balls: Bridgestone B330, ProV, Goals: Shot par over 18 holes, Best shot: Par 5 18th hole, Alling Memorial New haven CT; holed my 2nd shot for an Albatross! (June 20th, 2008)

Brutal day for me today - 108. I hit my irons well but I am slicing my driver terribly. I think I narrowed it down to my stance being too wide.

What's in my Bagboy Revolver cart bag:

Polarity MTR Irons 2&3 (hybrid) thru PW
R7 Burner Draw Driver 460cc
R7 Burner 3 Wood 5614 Vokey Wedge Tour Chrome Studio Select 1.5 ProV1's

Played my first round in 3yrs today hence the very long winded response!

Played at Belmont Park G.C. in Richmond, VA which held the PGA Championship in 1949 which I thought was pretty amazing for what is now a 6300yrd municipal course...or I thought so anyway!

Played the first couple of holes by myself, then got held up on a bottle neck and joined up with another guy. Found myself doing really well off the tee, apart from a couple of slight draws they were all over 250yrds, and I somehow managed to drive off the back of a 305yrd par 4!

My short game killed me though. Just chips around the green, 70/80/100yrds shots into the green which I had many of the sub 380yrd-ish par 4s. If I can master these, or even just avoid duffs/fats I'd easily cut 8-10 shots out of my game! Other dumb club selections on par 3s cost me shots. Sigh.

On one hole I hit from one greenside bunker into another, but then from one greenside bunker I put it to about six inches! Sometimes I just need to have more confidence with my 3 wood or long iron and have a full club into the green.

Finished up 50 (+14!) on the front nine despite being +3 after four holes...back nine was a little better with 44 (+9).

Personally I just enjoyed being out on the course again, with a great playing partner and am excited to work on my game and get back to my handicap and better.

Bizzarely on the 15th hole I heard what sounded to be like a clap of thunder and looked over to see half of an 80ft tall tree just collapse next to the hole we were previously on, and for no apparent reason! No tree surgeon around it, just fell down!

Sorry for the overly long washup!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35Β Playing again after a three year hiatus...

This afternoon I broke 100 for the first time with a 96 (49+47). Really started getting the feel of the new driver coming back in and I switched putting grips which really seemed to help. Only 3 putted on 3 holes.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*, Aldila NV Stiff
Fairway Wood: System 2 Midsize 3W
Hybrid: Idea Boxer a3Irons: Bomber Steel Plus 3: 4-PW (Callaway Clone)Wedges: 588 Tour Action BeCu 53* Gap/56* SandPutter: Karsten Anser 2 34"Balls: Back to the drawing board, experimenting with Gamers,...

I shot an adjusted 94 (actual 96) on a big par-74, 74.2/133. I needed it because my handicap was about to go up.

And it's getting harder and harder to finish 18 on the super-twilight rate.

Played well in league last night but still shot a pretty disappointing score. Shot +6 (42) on the back 9....was playing pretty solid (by my standards [2 pars, 3 bogies and a birdie]) until 17.

Hole 17 is an island green par 3. Yardage of 130+ from the elevated tee box and pin tucked way right where I should never flirt with..... I couldn't help myself. I had a wedge in my hand and one of the players in my group (the course "pro") says he's going to put his PW back and bump a 9 iron. I gave it some more thought and decided that was a better play. Hit my shot right at the pin and the other three were saying the typical "Oh, get in!"....I thought it should have been enough as it seemed it was in the air forever.....it didn't. Came up just short on the bank outside the brick wall that supports the island.

I figured I had a shot at getting up and over the brick wall because it didn't roll back into the water. I was wrong.....in a muskrat hole and had no chance of getting a club on the ball. Drop on the island for a 2 stroke penalty and double bogey...

Next hole. Smashed my 3 wood to 80 yds in....hit a fluffy 40 yd shot.... What an idiot I am. Bogey. Bummed....yet happy that I'm finally playing better than I had been all season. Better ball striking and putting.

A little late posting but oh well. I played a tournament last weekend and shot 83 on day 1. Really struggled with the putter but was playing well everywhere else so that night I spent a lot of time putting in my hotel room. Day two I had 6 less putts and shot a 77 with a triple on #9. Ended up taking 1st gross in my flight by 1 stroke

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5Β°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52ΒΊ - 56ΒΊ - 60ΒΊPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

• Administrator
Shot 76 with two double bogeys .

Tale of two nines: only one par on the front nine, and then eight on the back with a stupid bogey (went for a par five and hit a really horrible shot way right). Almost all of my GIRs were just off the green - no chips, all putts.

Team won $143, so I kept $72 ($43 of it was my skins). Split $130 and $70 with the parimutuel and whatnot - T2 in the traveling league.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A 85 with a poor back nine at the Oneonta country club (white tees)

In my Nike Tour Stand bag:
Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold Irons
Nike SuMo Sasquatch 10.5* Stiff Shaft Proforce v2
Nike Slingshot 3 Hybrid 20*
Nike SuMo2 5 Hybrid 25*

Nike SV Tour Wedges 52*, 56*

Nike Ignite Mallet Putter

Titleslist Pro V1, Bridgestone e6 and B330S

A 39 today in a HS match round at South Riding Golf Course in South Riding, VA. Great course, played really well until the last two hole which I bogied.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

58 on 9 holes with a fierce wind all around... not good playing conditions at all

Things I Am Good at in Golf

- Hitting it in the drink
- Finding the rough with my drive
- Staying in the bunker- Hitting grassburners all the way to the hole- Three putting- Posting over par on 18 in only 9 holes- Swinging and missing with an iron

55 through nine holes.

A par, some beautiful bogeys and double bogeys β€” either is good for me β€” and some utter meltdowns.

(Duffer for 3 years. Still have training wheels on.)

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
PutterΒ :ping: 1/2Craz-e | IronsΒ :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |WedgesΒ :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTGΒ |WoodsΒ :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3WΒ |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Played in a fun texas scramble tournament last night, with pouring rain and puddles all over the course, it was really fun. I played well and Didn't really have any bad shots. Our team Shot Even Par 68, Winners shot -4 64.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5Β°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15Β°
5 Wood: r7 19Β° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60Β°Wedge: Z TP 54Β°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

haven't played in a couple of weeks but played a few holes yesterday and a full 18 this morning. Shot an 87 today, had a triple on the first hole and 3 doubles on the back 9 from, basically from penalties. Played pretty solidly, can't complain too much.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9Β° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54Β° Spin Milled Vokey 60Β°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

97 today with a 6:18 am tee time. Only took 3:45 to play. Inconsistent off the tee and shaky with the putter all day but the short irons were hot.

Sank a 60 foot putt on the last hole for birdie - uphill over two rises, right to left to righ. Might have been the best shot of my life.

46 out, 53 in for a 99 yesterday in 15-20mph gusts and a misty drizzle rain.

Third time breaking 100 and I feel like I played really poorly. My short game is definitely improving, but unfortunately it's at the expense of my irons.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10Β°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0Β° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2