IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

85 today. 45 front 40 back. Couldn't hit my driver to save my life, topped nearly all the drives, but hit some really good recovery shots. Distance control was dialed in. Almost had my first ace. Had a lot of really good looks at birdie(2 less than 5 feet), but missed them all. I did chip in from about 25ft out the rough for birdie on 10, which I think got my back 9 score going. Overall good day considering I only hit 3 good drives out of 14 with 3 hazards :( .

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

42 from the tips at a par 35 course. better than yesterday. i still can't hit my driver straight so far this season so i was hitting a 3 hybrid off the tee on every hole or i was in the trees. had a couple shots at birdie but missed them and i missed a par putt by an inch on the fifth.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

Shot 92 (way under my handicap) today on a rather windy day. Started off pretty bad. No warmup and I had to run to the first tee. Couldn't hit my 5W to save my life. Still managed to eek out a 48 on the front. After about 6 holes I found my driver and everything went great. The back 9 I managed a strong 44. Short game really saved my score today. 3 U&D; and, more importantly for me, not a single flubbed pitch or chip.

Also, not a single blow-up hole. I played very conservatively, using only the driver and 7I and up. I stayed away from trying to hit GIR from 200 yards out. As a result, triple bogey was the worst I shot.

7 Par, 5 B, 3 DB, 3 TB. 7 FH, 4 GIR, 35 putts.

• Administrator
77 at Whispering Woods .

I'm really working on swinging up instead of around me so much. Really killed the driver today though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

71 at Eagle Bend from the tips. Shot 34 on the front with birdies on 3,4 and 9. On the back I had two bogies and one birdie. 28 total putts, went 5 out of 6 on save opportunites. Missed a ton of fairways on the back 9.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

38 yesterday at my home course. Nothing terribly wrong with my game right now but nothing overly exciting either. I hit 7 greens and had 18 putts. Like I posted last week the greens are anything but smooth right now.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

• Administrator
73 at Lake View today. The birdie on 12 was crap - I was ticked about how badly I'd hit the shot and then I roll in a 20 footer. Which was fine - it made up for some near misses on actually good shots later in the round.

Probably the last round I'll play with the R9 though. Just can't quite get past the triangular shape.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I shot 78 again today, bookend Monday and Friday good rounds. I've been doing some stretching and I think it helps at this age, approaching 50.

Plus I have been stepping away from the ball if I simply feel uncomfortable. Sometimes everything feels out of sync, particularly alignment, but normally I don't adjust. The last few rounds I've been taking only one practice swing, allowing a bit more time in case I have to briefly back away from the ball and reset.

Of course, it feels idiotic when I regroup and still hit a pathetic shot.

Callaway balls go pretty far. That's my latest discovery. I've always preferred Titleist but I found some Callaways in the closet and so far they have scooted out there.

72 today in a stiff breeze; not bad. Bit hit and miss first 9 but much more consistent on the back half. Need to work on my putting for the Summer.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

on my way to breaking 80 again... hahaha... then it started raining on #15 while i was putting... up till then i was 6 over...
front 39
back 27(up to #15) #16 is a par 3... #17 is a par 4... #18 is a par 5... which i didnt play
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Shot 75 today with some brutal wind. It was the first round outside this year and I felt good enough to shoot under par. I started birdie, but my driver was off all day. The callaway has been ok, but I am looking to invest in some new woods. The Mizunos I have labeled for irons just came in today, so hopefully I can play a round with them tomorrow! :)

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

11 over for an 83
4 over front
7 over back
2 f/w's missed
5 girs
28 putts
par3's were friendly today... so were par5's... par 4's were unkind

Although I shot a 42, I'm somewhat disappointed.
To start, I had one of the best starts to any round I've played - ever. I started off with 5 pars, which I'd normally be lucky to have 2-3. Obviously, that is not why I am disappointed. Come the 6th hole, I just completely screwed up, starting with a tee shot going OB on the right. Ended up getting a 6 on the hole, where it would've been another par. Next hole, I get a 7, and the hole after that, another 6. The last hole, however, I did end up getting par, which topped off what is still a pretty good score for me.

-Rich

I shot 103 on Friday. The first three holes were brutal since we were rushed out on the course so we could get out in front of a big group. But after that calmed down and made a couple of pars and putted very well. All in all was a good round with my new Fusion irons.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

In my bag:

Driver: Taylormade BurnerIrons: Fusion 5-AwHybrids: Idea 3i/17 deg-4i/21 degPutter: Never Compromise VoodooBall: Whatever I find, currently TP Black

shot an 18 over... bogey golf...
missed 6 fw's... crushing driver... all misses went left except 1... the last hole sliced a good one by over compensating a fix to my hooks
4 girs... 4 birdie opportunities but didnt sink any... scramble fest as usual...
2 three putts... wayyy too many 2 putts... 2 one putts...
all in all besides the drizzle at the start... it was fun

99 today. In 35-40 degree temps with 15-20 mph winds.
First swing of the season was a nice low draw that went 260. Local range isn't open yet, so I was pretty happy to see that after 5 months off.
Hit 8/14 fairways, with only one missing by more than 10 yards. Lots of 6s and 7s thanks to a lot of 3 putts on greens of questionable quality. One nice deuce on a 25 foot chip in, and a few solid pars thanks to putting myself close from 100 out.

Didn't score well at all, but with the courses just opening this week, and 5 inches of snow coming the next few days, I'll take it to hold me over for a few more weeks until the courses open for good.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

Shot a 42, that could should would been a 40 for two stupid 3 putts.

42 is currently my record for 9 holes, I thought I could break it today.

Reason the round was good was the massive draw that went 15 yards longer that my average drive. Definitely will keep playing the draw from now on.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+