IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Intended to play 18 after work today, but only got in nine.

Partially because there was a storm coming in (never actually materialized though) and partially because i was sucking it up.

After two of the best rounds of my life in a 76 and 78...go out there and score a 48 on the front (par 36) and couldn't hit an iron shot to save my life.

chip shots went long, putter was average at the very best.

It amazes me how you can be in such a groove for a few weeks only to follow it up with complete disaster (ok, maybe not complete disaster...but it wasn't good).

Oh well. Going to hit the range later this week and work out the kinks. It wasn't terribly far off, just wasn't really close either.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

87 (42/45)
I was working on my driving because that is what has been letting me down.
Once i got them good my putting was a bit off.
what a game this is haha

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Shot an 81 today, my driving was really letting me down but my putting was keeping me in it. I am worried that I peaked today though, I have my first tourney on Thurday.

83 (+11) yesterday. 43/40. I putted very well on the back 9 and had a total of 32 putts during the round (which may actually be a personal best). I still can't get up and down to save my life. I hit 6 fairways and 6 GIRs, but off the tee, I hit one OB. I got some really bad lies (ball above my feet by over a foot) a few times, but I guess I shouldn't hit the ball there.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I shot 73, and qualified for the Boys Junior Championship

My Sticks:

909D3 8.5 Driver, Proforce V2 X Flex
909F3 13.5 FW
909H 17 Degree Hybrid AP2 (4-PW) 56 + 60 degree Newport 2

Shot 75 (37/38) on my home course yesterday. Had 4 birdies but too many bogeys and one double. Just started reading Rotellas putting out of your mind and I think it gave me something extra in this round.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

72 yesterday:

28 putts
8 fairways (57%)
10 greens (55%)
5 of 6 scrambling
2 of 2 sand saves
2 birdies
14 pars
2 bogies

No 3 putts, but only made 1 of any distance (about 9').

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

shot a 77 yesterday. here are some stats:
front: 38
back: 39
TOTAL: 77

11/14 fairways

14 putts front
17 putts back
31 TOTAL PUTTS

it was one of my better rounds recently. on a side note, my buddy and i breezed thru the first 9 holes. when we got the to 10th, it was a little backed up (at 2pm on a Tues???), and there were 2 guys in front of us who asked us to hook up with them. one of the guys turned out to be Antonio Tarver. he was a really nice guy and was fun to play with. he wasnt very good, lol, but when he did connect with the driver, it went a long way

Yesterday I shot a 78. A terrible 42 on the front and a nice even par 36 on the back. The course was a goat pasture and one I will not play again unless I have too. The greens were rock hard, but the grass on them were longer than the fairway. A lot of the times you need to hit a low iron 5-10 yards in front of the green so it would actually roll onto the green and stop dead with the long grass on it. I started adjusting on the back nine with that. The course played 7000 yards from the tips.

Thinking back I only hit 2 fairways the whole day 8 GIR, too many putts, one 3 putt.

Shot a 78 last night with a measly triple bogey on the easiest hole out there. Course was a little soggy from a inch of rain, but i am still pushing my irons a bit and its pissing me off.

had my eye on breaking 80 since its been a long time since the last under 80 round...
40 front(4 over)
41 back(5 over)
absolutely no doubles or triples today... so i thought for sure i had a shot...
but 2 lost balls had me scrambling for bogeys on 2 relatively easy holes... 1 went in the water right next to the teebox with a vicious duckhook... the other went into some deep rough that i wasnt about to search due to snakes/ticks/werewolves etc etc...
had 2 chip ins... 1 for birdie... the other for par... and a sandsave that went in for par... 3 no putts!!!
a few eagle opportunities and birdie opportunities but my putting let me down... driving is still sucking... but i kept a few balls in decent play for long 2nd shots...
handicap is dropping but i need a few rounds under 80 so i can be a confident single digit
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Shot 75 (37/38) on my home course yesterday. Had 4 birdies but too many bogeys and one double. Just started reading Rotellas putting out of your mind and I think it gave me something extra in this round.

IceDave, which course do you play in Iceland? My dad was posted at the embassy in Reykjavik from '93-'95 so we played a bunch of courses when I visited: Ness Golf Club, Hafnarfjordir (sp?), a course built on volcanic rock whose name escapes me, and I'm sure I've missed some others.

Shot a 48 in my league match last night.

The Good:
- Four pars including two of the best irons I have hit in a long time and two long, straight tee shots
- Two bogeys, one of which was a bogey that I saved with a tricky short putt
- 16 putts and no three-putts

The Bad:
- One double bogey (chunked a greenside chip and couldn't recover for a bogey)

The Ugly
- Two snowmen on par-4s, completely ugly play and out of character with the rest of the round.

Still cleaned up in my match though. My opponent and I were dead even in hole-by-hole points and in total strokes with two holes left, and I won the last two holes with pars to pick up the last five points. Especially gratifying was the last hole, a par-3 playing about 180. I clubbed up to a 3I because of the damp conditions and the pin in the back, hit it to about 10 feet and lipped out the birdie. Awesome way to finish the round on a high note with a great iron shot like that.

I shot a 99 again yesterday, but I really had to turn it on the last 9. I ended up with 52-47, getting bogey's on 8 straight holes to begin the back 9. This course was tougher than the last one i played so i am very pleased that i am continuing to improve. I hit 7/14 fairways and was hitting my driver straighter than ever. Now got to work on putting (gotta make some 1 putts!)

In my University of Missouri Golf Bag:
Driver- 09 Burner 10.5* M Flex
Hybrid- 09 Burner 22* M Flex
Irons- r7 5-PW, AW Graphite Shaft, M Flex
Ball- Burner Putter- White Hot Tour #1