IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

44-36-80 3 - 3 putts and 2 doubles on 2–3. All around great day, LOL, weather was awesome though. 71 on December 21st in No.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And  92 this morning.

Must admit that I am more a 90's golfer than an 80's golfer. Even if I can occasionally put it all together.  Lost a lot of strokes putting today.

And an 86 -- about where I can be happy.

...Except I was playing with two single-digit players, so I got reminded just how much work is left before I even start striking the ball well...  Eegads, they were good.

49 at Furnace Brook golf course

:wilson: Deep Red - Tour 12.0 Driver 

Pinemeadow - 15 Degree 3W 

Pinemeadow - 23 Degree 4 Hy

:titleist: DCI Oversize + Black - 4-PW

:tarmour: 845s Silver Scot - SW

:dunlop: Tour TP11 - LW

:cleve: Classic Collection HB 10.0 Satin Chrome - Putter

:wilson_staff: Feather SL Black Stand Bag

Another crap round 86 front 44 back 42

rate 73.4 slope 137

I'm just getting so frustrated right now, I think I just want my index to go back up to about 7 again so it takes some pressure off, my damn left wrist is killing me every time and I think maybe I should just try a cortisone injection to put a stop to it, I really can't practice with any real focus with this damn thing bugging the crap out of me and it's hurting my scores, I have not broken 80 now for over a month and it's starting to aggravate the "F" out of me.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

I played on Sunday at Dauphin Highlands and shot a 91 from the blacks which all in all I am happy with.  Golf is such a frustrating game I must say!  It seems like I always forget something important I need to do with my swing when I don't play for a while.  On Sunday the big deal was tempo.  It took me until the 10th whole to figure out that I wasn't pausing at the top like I used to.  My swing when from really weak and not accurate to very powerful and putting my second shots 8 feet from the hole.  Ugh!

Half of my problem is just remembering things.  One other good thing about Sunday was that I used my buddy's putter with a fatso grip and I definitely think a big part of my problem putting is that the thing grip makes me get wristy and with his putter that did not happen.  I could control the speed better as well as the direction.  That said I bought a Super Stroke Fatso from Dicks and will have that put on!  I'm pretty excited!

77 @ my home mud pile: par 70 Meadowlands - an old school track. Lovely day with a band of exceptional brithers. Had my first sub-par nine-hole score of 34 on the back. I love BC!

"Oh, golf is for smellin' heather and cut grass and walkin' fast across the countryside and feelin' the wind and watchin' the sun go down and seein' yer friends hit some good shots and hittin' some yerself..."

Out yesterday for 84 47/37. Really weird day, 10 pars, 4 doubles and a triple on the front, triple on the back followed by a birdie. Got paired with an older guy that is an above knee amputee. Really good golfer, told me he has competed in the national amputee tournaments and never done worse than top ten with sub 80's scores in every round. Very inspirational man. Wish I could play today, supposed to be over 60.

Dave :-)

Shot a smooth 99 (44-55) yesterday. Waialae is getting ready for the Sony. The rough near the greens ate me alive. Ten feet off #14, (425 yd, par 4) in two. Chunk first chip (still in rough). Three feet off green now and double hit chip across green 30'  from pin, now in short rough. three more to get down. An 8. Had three 8's on the back.. Ugh! Painful! How does one do that? Let me count the ways.

Today must of been in the low 80's outside and play was as slow as it could go.

Shot an 81 at Fullerton GC a par 68, missing the par 3 holes again and a few stupid shots but still had fun playing with my son.

Got put with two other guys, one my age (50)? and the other had to be 65? both very nice and fun to play with.

I can always tell how guys will be by how they interact with my son. Over all just a fun day in sorry East Coast guys in Sunny CA.

• Upvote 1

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

76  front 38 back 38

par 72 rate 70.5 slope 131  indexed 4.8

Finally had a decent scoring round, However I had to move to the forward tees but it still finally came together, I was paired with a friend of mine and a couple of really nice elderly gentlemen and I didn't want to disrupt the whole group mojo thing. One of the par 5's plays so differently I can actually hit driver off these tees and carry the ravine/environmental hazard and only have 150 to the green, because of the severe downslope my drive measured out to 354 :bugout: . also had to post off of 13 holes because daylight went away but I was only 2 over at that point so I feel pretty confident.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

6610 yds. 71.1/121. 82, including a sweet little 43 on the front...... and it coulda/shoulda been worse. A day that made me wish it was the snowy off-season. I hit all of 4 greens. Just played like a complete goober.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Forecast for today was 49 degrees and a chance of rain starting at around 2:00 o'clock so I decided to play. Bad idea!!!!! (Damned weathermen).

Turned out it never made it to 40 degrees and hard wind AND rain from the start of the round at 10:00 o'clock. (Miserable).

We decided to only play nine while on the 7th hole and one guy in the group said "Let's make it 7" but we toughed it out for 9.

Amazingly I shot 1 under for the nine with 1 birdie and no bogies. More amazing I didn't hit my driver very well and only had 4 GIRs, but never missed any of the greens very badly. Chipped very well and putted even better.

Same here, weather forecast not even close. I left work with doubts certainly didn't feel 51. Decided to give it a go but it felt like it could change rapidly at any time. Anyway by the 3rd hole it was gusting and temps were low 30s so I bailed.

Dave :-)