IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played 9 - it got way too hot.

I got a 60. Pretty good for me. I had a lot of nice drives but my putts were very poor. I started the back 9 but I got too tired and really just frustrated so I stopped at 14.

Driver:

Wood: Launcher Gold

Irons: Sand Wedge: EyeHome Course

I shot a strange 43 on the back nine at Whit Lake Oaks. I say strange because the first 4 holes I was 6 over with three doubles and a par. The next two I bogeyed and the last three I parred. I actually hit the ball reasonably well off the tee. I did hit one on the first tee that went OB and helped lead to my opening double. The second double came off a skulled chip when my tee shot ended 10 yards short of the green. My third double followed a perfect tee shot and a decent approach from 220 that ended up just right of the green. Another skull, a shanked chip and two putts later double number three. I shanked another chip on the 14th that led to a two putt bogey. A topped 3 wood on 15 left me with another bogey. I missed a four footer for birdie on 16. Two putt par on 17 and a great recovery after a pulled lay up on 18 left me with a 10 foot putt from the fringe for birdie.

The crazy part is I can count at least 6 shots that I threw away. That isn't even turning doubles into pars.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

42-ish on a 9 holer, match play. I won 5 and 4. Didn't take it seriously on the back nine, I am just guessing what I would have gotten if I did. I'd hit two or three balls on the last few holes, or try trick shots, or whatever.

As usual, the lake on #18 got its quota of balls.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

shot a 39 today, missed like 5 birdie putts, none of which were outside of 10 feet... had a double, bogey, and 7 pars... once again shoulda been better

got a tournament tomorrow up at Oak Knoll in Kent, Ohio... hopefully some of the putts will drop tomorrow

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

91. worst round in a while with 6 balls OB. hit 5 greens so all things considered, i actually scored quite well.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

48+47 = 95. God, I hate blowup holes. One on the front (10), and one on the back (12).

Three balls in the water lead to my 10, and a pot bunker caused the 12.

Forgot my glove today, and I was push-slicing most of my drives. Couldn't figure out why, but my hand hurts like hell now.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
I have no idea, but it took five freaking hours at Cranberry Highlands. With mostly twosomes on all the holes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played another match round with a buddy of mine today. I was 3 down after 9 and shot a 48 (including some ridiculous three putts and even a four putt for a 7). I got my shit together on the back 9, shooting a 44 and absolutely killing him. I ended up winning 3 and 1.

(The 44 is a back 9 where I've always had a mental block - and until today, never shot below 51 on.)

All said and done, it was 48+44 = 92 strokes, including an obscene number of putts. Just can't hole six-footers to save my life.

The story of a typical hole? Crush my drive 270 down the middle, have a second shot miss the green (usualy pushed), chip, and then 2 or 3 putt. I even four putted from five feet today.

Today I shot a 3. That is, three shots of a par four and on the green when a hailstorm came in and I had to call it. Last round I played was last week and I shot my personal best on the front 9 (38) then blew up on the back and ended up at an 84, which is still pretty darn good for me. Hopefully ill be out again tomorrow for another 9.
Driver905R Proforce V2 Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood906f2 Proforce V2 Stiff 15*
Hybrid:CPR Stiff 18*
Irons: DCI 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52*,56*,60*Putter: Futura or Redneck BubbaBall: Pro V1

Played this morning at The Refuge Golf Club (71.4/146). Shot an even 100 (52/48) with 28 putts, 5 GIR and 6/14 fairways. Oh, also had 9 balls either OB or lost. Still working through some swing changes and not 100% trusting it yet but it feels pretty good. Course was tight without a lot of room for error.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

I played the best I have ever played before...87.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

my best round ever! Just shot a 39!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
42/38 and played like butt. Hit about one solid iron all day long. Played with a guy who didn't break 150. Ugh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

42/38 and played like butt. Hit about one solid iron all day long. Played with a guy who didn't break 150. Ugh.

I played with a guy once who shot 199! 199! he fell one stroke short of 200. That was a long day.

And another time i played with a guy off 32 (highest your handicap can be in AUS junior) and his goal for that round was to get 4 stableford points . The worst ie done this year was 19 stableford points, and i left after 9 holes because i was sick! That wasnt fun scoring 19 points then calling my mum to pick me up because i was sick
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...