IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played The Bridges in San Ramon, CA today for the first time. I will say that it is a beautifully maintained course and well worth playing. Very target golf oriented, but fun at the same time. I was a single that got paired up with a couple of Members (the course is public, but does offer memberships). They were ok, but did steer me wrong on a couple of holes. They were both long hitters, and me being a short hitter I learned my way on my own after the first four holes or so.

Had some revelations today though, and that's always good.

Shot a 91 today with 2 drives going OB. FIR: 8/14 GIR:5/18 Putts:34
sunmountain.gif C-130 Cart Bag: titleist.gif 910D2 10.5Deg   taylormade.gif R9 15Deg, Burner Superfast 5W/7W   mizuno.gif MP-57 5-PW
scratch.gif 54*ds, 58*ds    cameron.gif Red X2    callaway.gifTour iZ

Played 9 holes today and shot +2(38)...My highlight of the day was my eagle on the par 5 last hole..

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

played today on a par 62 course which is a bit less than an executive course... but non the less I shot even par, so it better to shoot even par on a shorter track or a 78 on a big track....????
Team Santa Cruz, CA......

SPONSORS......
PING
FOOTJOYPAY-PAL VISABLUE CRUSH SPORTFISHING

Shot 98 at the Cedars at Dungeness course in Sequim, WA, it was very much a casual game with much alcohol consumed during the course of the round, so that score is only estimated! I am not using it for handicap purposes!

I will be calling tomorrow to complain, as I paid for twilight golf (after 4:30 PM, play until it's dark) and they turned the sprinklers on the course at 7:30 PM.... we were on the 13th hole and the sun did not go down for almost another two hours). It was a fun course with VERY fast greens and very tightly mown fairways. Unfortunately I won't recommend the course because it's hard to feel welcome when they go ahead and turn the sprinklers on while people are still out golfing.

I'll stick to my home course.

Shot a 109 at my home course last night. The only thing that went right was us missing the thunderstorms. I can say I was solid on all 4 pars 3s but I missed way too many 3 foot putts.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

YES! Finally, I broke 80. +9 79 today. First time I ever broke 80 in my life, I'm excited. I've been tweaking my swing, and it's finally starting to come together. I'm taking a lesson (first ever lesson) next Monday so I hope I don't have to rebuild all together. I'm just looking to do some pretty small tweaking since I think I have pretty good fundamentals.

But Yeah, I didn't even hit that ball that well. I just made a lot of putts and had two birdies which I never have birdies.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

PLAYING IN PAIN!

On about the 7 hole i felt something was wrong.
Met up with some guy who was hitting 4 balls. We played the next two holes together. He showed me some very useful short game shots. I finished the front 9 with a 44. 8 over par. Very good for me.

The back nine.........
The pain in my side (near a rib) was getting worse.

Par, Par, Par, Par, Par, Bogie. Never in my life had i hit the ball better. I was leaning over the club after every shot. I started to cry at one point. Thankfully i was all alone. Yes i should have stopped but im telling you. Shots went straight. Maybe short but on target. It was insane. I gave up on the 16th.

Walking all 15 didnt help matters!

Yesterday...

Pevely Farms Golf Club http://pevelyfarms.com/
6800 yd Black Tees
78 (38,40) +6

Hit good drives. Horrible, horrible long irons. I need to get my long irons dialed in. I am getting to steep with them and hitting them on the top of the face. Something to work on at the range this week.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Played a 95 which I am very disappointed in myself for. I opened the day shooting awesome shots on the first few holes and feeling really great. I was all set to play some bogey golf. I opened bogey-bogey-bogey-par-par-bogey. Then when I got to the second par 5 (hole 7) the whole day blew up. I skied the ball off the tee, and it went straight up, hit a cart path, and ended up 30 yards straight left of the tee box. I went on to post an 8 on that hole and nothing went right after that except for one birdie on the back 9. That was the only hole I managed to one-putt for the day. Nothing wanted to go in. Lip-outs left and right. I kept giving myself chances to get up and down and blowing them. I had a bunch of blow up holes that I spent a lot of time in the rough, and on the last hole I went OB to post two penalty strokes. It felt like an 85 round when I started, dammit!

http://www.geocities.com/qwkdtsn/rou...080623-p4.html

shot an 82 (+10) with only 33 putts. (I always shoot for 30 putts a round and am getting closer to getting my putts to this number) I went 42-40 .

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Shot a 79 yesterday (7 over). Scored a 38 on the front, which ties my lowest 9 hole score, but I bogied the last two holes on the front (with a 3 putt on the ninth - ouch). My buddy tells me on the 18th that I need to birdie to break 80 (I hate it when he does that). I've only broke 80 twice before. Sliced my drive trying to cut more of the corner on a dogleg then I needed and ended up in the rough behind a tree, but only had about 120 yards out. Lifted a wedge up over the tree and onto the green about 20 feet from the hole. My buddy again reminds me that I need to make this putt to break 80 (again I hate it when he does this). Stood over the putt and nailed it. Gave him a look, said nothing, just confidently raised my fist in the air. He laughed and just shook his head. I love this game.

In my bag:

Driver: r7 460 9.5° Stiff
3 Wood: r7 Draw
5 Wood: r7 Draw Irons 4-AW: r7 CGB Wedge: rac Satin 54° Wedge: rac Satin 60° Putter: Daytona Sport 1 34" Ball: DT solo or NXT

86 today. It was in a tournament, so all official and stuff. It wasn't bad, I played badly on the front nine, 45, but on the back I came in with a strong 41. I had about 3 putts inside 7 feet for birdie on the day, missed ALL OF THEM. It was rather frustrating. I am misreading putts so badly. I made great strokes on them, great speed, just totally misread them.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I broke 80 for the first time on Sunday. 79 (+9) with a birdie on 18. It was on a pretty easy course but I am still excited about it. It should have be a 76 but I missed three 3-footes which really pissed me off. I did make a sweaping left to right, 8 footer for the birdie on 18 though so that was nice.

Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Matched my personal best of 105 for the 3rd time 2 quadrouples on the front nine destroyed my dreams of breaking 100. 29 putts and 0 GIRs if that means anything.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

• Administrator
72, white tees, Lake View . Still only good for a 2.7 index (they're rated 68.8 with a slope of... 132, I think?). Anyway, not a single net skin on the card. Pffft. Don't think I made a putt over about four feet all day (okay, I did, but the four birdies were tap-ins).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

29 putts
I need to start to chip and pitch better.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x