IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played yesterday and shot a 95. On one hole I was about 90 out and I hit a half a wedge with my 52*, to an elevated green, and spun the ball back at least 20 feet. I am now in love with Bridgestone 330s's.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

Shot a 98 on a local semi/pub 71 rating 127 slope blues. 2nd time w new driver shaft
Hole Par
1 4 pushed drive 250 over into 9th fairway !
pitched at 4oclock of flag hit the tree line ball still on 9th near tee
chipped with 60 just under limbs,ricochetd slightly and rolled 3ft from cup
MISSED PUTT!
Made bogey LOL

2 3 scalped a ball 60 yards into rough w 7 iron
60* into approach
chip 5 ft long of cup
missed putt
made putt DOUBLE UGG

3 4 drive 280 to 1st cut off fairway 325 yd hole
60* short to approach
chip 5 ft from cup
missed putt
made putt bogey

4 4 drove 275 down left just over cart path (330
pitch under trees 20 ft past cup
lag putt to 5 ft
made putt

5 3 8 iron to approach
chip to 3 feet of cup
made put 2PARS in a row!

6 5 drove left like a laser into trees (pulled it) bounced onto first cut
5 iron to 150 marker
7 iron to 10 oclock of cup ouch
chip over bunker hits a downed branch and stops on fringe!
lag to 7 feet
miss putt
make putt double bogey!

7 4 pull left driver 170 yds (370)
5 iron under trees to 100 yds of green
pw to approach
chip to 8 ft
2 putt double bogey!

8 4 drive 280 rightside frway (367)
60* short to 4oclock of green
chip over bunker to 2 ft of cup
make putt PAR!

9 4 top drive to 100 yds (450 par 4)
5 iron 180 yds to water on left
drop
finished with an 8 AND 47 front 9

10 4 drive 250 right frway (420)
PW to approach
chip over bunker to 10 ft
2 putt Bogey

11 4 Drive left 290, 10ft from frway (380)
60* to 5 feet of cup w BACKSPIN & Ballmark woohoo
miss birdie by a cm/ it curled rim of cup
made putt PAR

12 4 topped drive 120 (310)
PW to 10 yd left of green
chip over bunker hit green(frozen) bounced to collar
3 putt from 20 yds
DOUBLE Bogey!

13 3 shank 6 iron to hazrd
2nd tee short and left 30 yds
chip onto frozen green roll off
chip on 3 putt
Took an 8 !
14 5 Drive left 300 yds+ (500)
stuck behind trees 4 iron under branches 120 yds
60* to 10ft from cup
lag to 5 inches
PAR!
15 3 pull 8iron to left of trees 30yds from cup
chip under branches over bunker hit frozen green over green
chip on green to 10 ft
2 putt DOUBLE

16 4 driver pulled 120 yd lft (460)
5 iron to left 180
60* to approach
chip then 2 putt
DOUBLE

17 4 drive middle 250 (320)
60* into sun LOST BALL! PLUGGED IN MUD i think
NEVER Found took a bogey or double DNF

18 5 pulled drive 190 left (530)
5 iron 150 to dogleg
6 iron 120 to approach
60* to green 30 ft
2 putt for bogey

16 strokes for 2 holes par 3 & 4 LOST 9 STROKES! Then I lost a ball near the green to a plug! Im so close to shooting in the 80's! and I love the driver !

44 front
44 back
16 over 72
driving an putting are just horrendous right now...
warm up went great... everything went straight... till i stepped up to the first tee and shanked one
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

first good (for me) round in ages, after I decided to just quit clean with mulls.

1 3 putt
2 1 putts
17 putts total

Driver was great, the ProLaunch Blue works amazing in it.

Driver: Big Bertha 460 11* w/ Graffaloy ProLaunch Blue 65R
Woods: Big Bertha 3 and 5 wood stock shaft, Light flex
Hybrids: None
Irons: Viper Tour 4-PW -1", 4* flat
Wedges: X-Tour 52.11*, 58.9*Putter: Classic 3 33"The Thing That Goes In The Hole (hopefully): NXT Tour"30 minutes a day keeps...

Good result today, a 79 for my first sub-80 round in more than a month.

I was so disgusted after Monday's 86 that I looked through the closet and found an old $40 Costco driver I purchased about 15 years ago, called Powerpact XT. I have a video that I watched last week, with me smacking that driver during a summer trip to Alaska in '95. Small graphite clubhead, and I had reshafted with Dynamic Gold graphite S. I'm not even sure that shaft is available anymore.

Anyway, it looked strange but my first tee shot was 279 yards, and that's a poke for me these days. Weird feeling to be throttling back slightly on a second shot on a par 5, instead of no chance to get there.

Further confirmation that my swing rejects bulky drivers. I thought scaling back to 300-365 cc like my 320 Ti or 983K was the ticket, but my best driving was long before that, with something persimmon sized. Remarkable feeling today to stand up there knowing I could get through the ball and turn it over with a high follow through, and some idea what the ball flight would look like beforehand.

Obviously not every drive matched the first one. That shaft is a bit strong for me so I got some low pushes. But not far off track and relatively long, to the point I was hitting a club or two less into many holes.

And that had me laughing throughout the second nine, understanding one of the big cons of titanium, the noise factor. Throughout most of my golfing days a joy was marching to a drive that had exceeded my impression of where it had stopped rolling. Titanium ended that, in fact reversed it. Those clubs make such a racket you swear you belted it to Cuba, then suddenly it's not even to the top of the mound, let alone beyond it. Today was an enjoyable retro, barely a decibel off the tee then a little grin, once the next spot was arrived upon.

Oh yeah, I sank some unlikely putts, first two holes then three more times on the back nine. Never hurts.

Got in 18 today, thanks to some vacation time. Played really good, even though I left a lot on the course. Finished the front side with 4 boogies 1 birdie. Finished the back nine with one birdie, even though I edged out at least 3 birdie putts, If I would have putted better I would have scored awesome. I feel like I have taken my game to the next level, I feel I can be at par or below everytime out. I'm still making simple mistakes, but if I keep puting in the time, I should have a great year.

So I finished +2 (72), easily could have been even or 1 under. I'm still looking for my first par 18, and finally went under par over 9 today.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

I walked 9 today for only $5.25!!!!!!! I shot pretty horribly, granted it was extremely cold. I haven't played in a while... shot 56 lol. I did birdie the 9th hole via 20 foot pitch!
Driver: 3dx driver 10.5*
Irons: 3dx hybrid irons 5-P
Iron: X-14 3 iron
Wood: MT 4wood 16.5*
Wedge: Lob 60*Putter: White Hot 2-ballBag: Xtreme Sport Stand Bag

Played in wonderful conditions here this morning to shoot a very respectable 81. Front 9 played with mywife, who's 8 months pregnant, one of my regular partners and a friend I promised a round to. Hadn't played with my friend before and he's used to playing a lot of "customer" golf, so pretty casual. Was pretty pleased with my mental game on the front 9, can only think of one mental error on the front 9. Back 9 I played really solid, had a couple of birdie putts just brush the edge. Looking forward to playing tomorrow!!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Played 9 with Pops. As usual he beat me.53 -47 (Par 36). I lose too many balls. Putting and chipping was on point. I carded a 6 a 7 an 8 and a 9. The other 5 holes where all bogeys(which I can live with). I have got to learn to manage the course better and cut down on the swing. I made a revelation today. I always thought that I couldn't get the club back to square. I think it is as simple closing the club face at set up. I was starting the swing with the face wide open~! I showed my wife(who doesn't even play golf) and she could see the face was open. I am going to have to take this revelation to range and make myself see that my original set is VERY open. Awesome.

Driver:TaylorMade R580 XD Stiff
3 Wood:Wilson FY-brid 15*
Hybrid:Adams A3 Boxer # 3
Irons:Titleist Square Toe 4
Irons:Callaway X-20 5-PWWedges:Adams Tight Lies GT SWPutter: Ping Anser 2Ball: Wilson Ultra or Precept Lady IQ180 or Bridgestone e6+

Played this afternoon in some wet and windy conditions and shot 39-44 for a combined 83. Front 9 was very tidy. Had a triple on the first hole of the back 9, actually played the hole pretty well, was in a greenside bunker and hit a good shot out to a nearby pin but just landed short of my mark and it slid into another bunker. Problem was I compounded my error. Only had one 3-putt, on the last hole....

Tomorrow is the real deal, regular club competition, hope I keep my good form going.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

85 today with too many missed putts . Had fun though

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Went out Saturday, not so great day to play but it was playable.

Went out and started great with the driver, two long drives in a row... had a great feeling...
Playing from the blue,
47 front with one drop on the 9th hole because I did not have enough club to carry the pond. Missed it by a foot... oh well...
45 back nine with one drop ball on the 10th because I could not find it in the leaves.
My goal was to try to shoot in the 80's which I should of if I did not have those two drops and three crazy drives. Shot a 92

So after I was done went and played the back nine again. This time everything was going good... besides on the 11th par 3 when my par putt hit the back of the cup and came back out, finish with a 44 on 9 hole.

So I believe I can be in the 80's soon, maybe in the next three rounds or so.
I am very happy that I am getting close to my goal for this year...
Shoot in the 80's by June and hopefully in the 70's by winter time...

Can't wait for this Saturday and the wheather to warm up... Hitting frozen balls in PA winter wheather does not help, and it does not go far...
TaylorMade R9 460 TP 10.5 Moto F1 Stiff
TaylorMade R9 3 wood 15* Regular
Nike Sumo 4 Hybrid
Titleist 735 5-P
Titleist Spin Mill 52, 56, 64Taylormade Monza SpiderTitleist Pro V1Taylormade TP-RedThis Space for Rent...

Got a round in yesterday morning. Weather OK - a bit breezy but not too cold. Got it round in 74 (+3) with 3 stupid shots dropped between 11 and 14. Doh! Looking quite good for the Summer season .

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First post, been busy reading what you guys/girls say. And kind of needed a reason. I played at The Crossings @ Carlsbad in Carlsbad, CA. First time out this year, and I played exactly if not a little better than I thought. Like usual, I don't get the first hole jitters, i actually do the opposite. Drive dead center of fairway, pitch to about 6 feet for birdie. Feeling the first green, slid it past made par. Then my bogey golf game comes back, and stays there. Maybe a par here and there and I like to make at least one birdie per round. Which in this case came on the 18th hole. Which has by far the most unholy green I have ever seen. Luckily the pin was in a much appreciated front location. Seriously if you ever play The Crossing @ Carlsbad be careful. All stories of horror come from that last hole. 44 out 44 in = 88 2 less than bogey golf, BUT 3 more than my target. Since I have not played since last Michigan golf season (july 2008), i am pleased.

Well, today I shot 51 in the final round of the New York Championship in Tiger Woods 09 as there is still 3 feet of snow in my backyard. I am however starting to gear up for what I am hoping will be a great summer of golf. I am glad to hear that there are "some" people on this forum that enjoy golf all year long.

I am waiting on my lotto ticket to finally win so that I may do the same.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Frustrating 80. I was in better shape after my tee ball than any round in months but the Haig Ultra approach shots decided to yank left today, almost without exception.

Credit to Michael Breed on a putting tip he gave out on his show a couple of weeks ago. I switch putt depending on the break. It can look alternately genius or moronic depending on the day.

Breed said too many amateurs have a tendency to grip the putter like a normal shot, in their fingers and not the palm. At golf I don't swing lefty so I've never paid much attention to my grip. A few days ago I realized I had the lefty putting grip in my fingers, hinged like a fairway shot. Today I placed it in the palm and it felt better immediately, more margin for error. I made several nice lefty putts although I did blow a 4 footer on the low side.

I scored 0. I am just sitting here reading the forum and dreaming of the time when the white stuff is gone and I can get out and play. Maybe someday I will live where it is warm year round. Oh well, back to reading and dreaming.