IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

106...WAY to many penalties today, very disappointed. Missed a lot of stroked on putts that I should have hit. The course was way to wet as they really over-watered today.

53 on 9 holes. I had 3 penalty drops (two OB's and a ball nestled up in some tree roots that was unplayable). My problem was my chipping and putting. More so the chipping. There were a few holes where I had to chip 2-3 times just to get on. I kept blading the ball :(

Still, 7 stroke improvement on the year. I'm getting there.

A Work in Progress:

Bag: Physics Stand Bag (ebay dirt cheap special)
Driver: Knight GTi Tour 285 10*
3 Wood: r7 ST 15*5 Wood: "The Perfect Club" 21* rescueHybrids: None... yetIrons: Burner Super Steel 3-9Wedges: Burner Super Steel PW, AW, SWPutter: BlackJack 206Ball: NXT or ProV-1 (used)

99. One guy I got paired with was sneezing and coughing the whole time - sounded like death.

Today I wake up with a cold. M@#(*$ F(*#&&*#!!!!!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Lowest round of the year yesterday at a course I haven't played for over 10 years with a 78. Followed that up with another 78 today on my usual course (for this year)...37/41. Was really hoping to as least par the front 9 today after starting with a birdie, but it just didn't happen.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

89, 48 Front, 41 on Back, 2 birdies on back 9
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

92. another round with 5+ penalty strokes... this time went OB with a 6 iron... twice.. I just can't take it to the course. I haven't hit a 6 iron more than 10yds or so left in two weeks.. hit it twice today and it was 30+ yds left.. ugh

83 today on Par 72.

40-43

A double and a triple hurt me a little bit...made some good putts today. Putted very well from 5-10 foot range.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

Career round tonight.

I had a hockey game at 4pm. Went out at 5pm to go to the range, but the weather was just so nice and nobody had gone off for almost an hour, so I decided to pay the twilight rate and play.

After starting with a birdie and lipped a few more and ended up with a few pars, I caught the group in front of me and joined them. Then I fired 3 birdies in 4 holes to go to -4 after 7. I missed a 10 footer for birdie on 8 and found myself with 80 yards to an accessible pin on 9 and landed it 5 feet past the pin, but it released over the back. Got up and down for par and a 32 on the front. I was restraining myself from being annoyed that it was not a 28 or 29, given the puts I had missed.

I birdied 10 and 11 to go to -6 after 11. After a routine par on 12, I made a tough save from behind the green in the rough to a downhill pin placement on 13.

I lipped a birdie on 14 and left my birdie on 15 (a 500 yard par 4) about an inch short, dead center.

Another routine par on the 470 yard 16th from about 25 feet and a par on the 220 yard par 3 17th.

The 18th is a 550 yard Par 5. I hit a decent drive and left myself 260 to the green. Killed a 3 wood that hung up in the greenside rough. Got my chip a little thin and left myself about 8 feet downhill for birdie and a 64. I left the put hanging on the lip... and I mean... hanging. We sat there for a full 15 seconds in the growing darkness eyeing it cautiously, waiting for it to fall.

It didn't. Shot 65 on a 6900 yard championship course. The Greens were rolling about 12 and were rock-hard (the course is only a few months old and the greens are very firm).

That's not head and shoulders better than my best round ever, but I think it wins by a sliver as my other rounds of 65 and 66 were on easier, shorter courses with softer, slower greens. I definately felt like I left a number of birdies out there, which isn't something I felt in my other low rounds, when I felt like i was putting lights-out.

If my putting was hot, I feel like it could have been a 60 or 61 and if I was draining everything inside of 35 feet it would have been a 58. Yikes!

Ball-striking FTW!

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

I shot an 82 yesterday. I had 4 drop shots!! 3 of them off the tee. The first was a 3W that I was using to lay up before a hazard and completely roasted it! I hit it much further than normal for some reason. The next was a huge push with my driver that seemed to just hang out to the right. The next was a bit unlucky. My tee shot ended up buried DEEP in the rough and when I tried blasting out, it didn't go anywhere but straight in the ditch. The last was the same push with my driver on a par 5.

I had probably the worst day of putting that I have had in over a year. I missed 3 birdie putts within 8 ft. It seems that working with my full swing changes has led me to neglect my putting. So, considering the things above, it turned out to be a descent scoring round. I actually shot 38 on the front with a huge 44 on the back.

Oh yeah, the highlight of the day was probably on 18. I hit a big pull with my driver off the tee (Over compensation for the pushes I was talking about earlier) and ended up in the trees to the left. I had about 150 uphill to the flag and had one small opening through the trees that I get to. I hit the 7i with great contact and it went right through the opening. I felt that I was going to be right around the green and I could get up and down for par. I get up there and my ball is about 8-10 ft for birdie! I missed the putt but made a great par from where I was.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

had a great round even tho i scored pretty high... 91
lots of memorable shots... tanked the front with 3 blowup holes... torched the back like i had a purpose... maybe i should play the whole round pissed off
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played in the rain yesterday morning and shot 89. Was pretty happy with the result and more satisfied with my drives than in a long time.

www.Atkinsonresort.com
Blue tees: Rating 72.1 / 135 Slope

-Bobby Harris
----------------
I play a Wishon driver that was fitted to my personal swing by a professional club fitter
Irons are Tommy Armour 845's for irons handed down to me from my father
Wedges by Cleveland Golf. Gap(52), Sand(56) and Lob(60).And a VERY OLD Odyssey Putter with a graphite...

I shot a smooth 86 yesterday. BOOYA!!!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Probably my worst ball striking round of the year….84 (46 front / 38 back). Funny thing is I had 2 birdies and an eagle on the back and still only shot 38! Driver was out of control and short iron play was atrocious.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I went and played the back 9 this morning, since the front was closed. I didn't want to be out there that long since we are under a heat advisory. I shot a 35, with 3 birdies and 2 bogeys.

In the Bag

SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5º Driver
15º T-40 3-Wood
3-PW Victory Red Forged TW BladesSlingshot OSS SWOZ Blue Chip MalletPro V1

Here's my scoring breakdown for my lunch round:

1. Par
2. Quadruple Bogey
3. Par
4. Par
5. Triple Bogey
6. Par
7. Par

...quit early to grab some lunch.

I've been working on ball-striking as well as course management. It's a hard duo to work on together, since the better you think your ball-striking is getting, the more inclined you are to make course management errors, as witnessed by the big numbers on my card. Incidentally, I'm also working on being realistic about my game

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing