IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

63-59-65 today at Green Meadow in Hudson, NH. I'd say an average score for me right now is about a 60, so I didn't play awful, considering I'm still coming back from ankle surgery. Playing again tomorrow hoping to shoot both rounds in the 50s at the same course.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

Went to the range and short course to do some practice. Played 9-holes on the par-3 and finished +1. One birdie, two bogeys, 6 pars. I had two short birdie chances that I didn't convert. I feel pretty good about the rest of the session. Hips are still a little tight, but getting looser as the weeks go on. Still no hole in one...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

I have a monthly pass for my local 9 hole executive course which is only a par 29 (1,327 yrds) and I shot a 37. I would like to shoot better but, I seem to have digressed over the last few weeks for some reason. :( Come to think of it.. as soon as I started hitting my wedges better I began to hit my long irons/FW Woods worse.

91 (46/45) @ Riverside of Fresno. Another round after a long night shift so I kind of take these with a grain of salt - I was pretty exhausted on the back 9 but I kept telling myself to push harder and focus. The round took over 5 hours, which kind of ticked me off as we aren't slow players by any means but oh well.

The killer, though, was 38 putts. 3 of those were coming off pretty easy birdie putts that I just missed. The greens were aerated last week so conditions definitely weren't ripe but still...I'm about 7-8 putts over where I NEED to be and it's really depressing. My differential was good enough to knock my handicap down a couple tenths of a point so that's good! :)

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Played at Green Meadows in Hudson, NH for the second straight day today. Shot 117 (62-55) on the Jungle. I felt I played much better than the score indicated, mostly because my short game was atrocious. If I had to guess, I would say it cost me 12-15 strokes. Tee shots were pretty consistent, my natural high cut, but the cuts started to get a little more exaggerated toward the end of the day, probably the result of playing 45 holes in two days and getting tired. Next weekend might be my last weekend of golf of the year, my goal is to shoot in the fifties both nines.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

94 through 18 holes at Pleasant View in Madison, WI. First time playing there...was very impressed. Very pretty, lots of elevation change, and the first time I have ever (or remember having ever) seen an island bunker in a fairway. It. Was. Awesome.

Not sure on slope for course, but par was 72. Shot a poor 52 on the front nine, followed by one of my better, if not best, rounds with a 42 on the back (also par 36). Managed 4 pars on the back nine, more than I've ever had in a single round.

Ogio Nexos Black on Black

Taylormade TP R9 Superdeep, 9.5, Aldila RIP A70X

Bridgestone J38 15, Motore F1 75S

Mizuno Masters Tournament Blades

Mizuno MP-T10 60.08

Ping Anser 2i

79 (41+38). Drove the ball nicely all day. 12/14 Fairways Hit.
Reached 585 yds par 5 18th hole in two (actually shot over the green) and chipped to 6 inches for a tap in birdie--the one and only birdie of the day. Had 6 or 7 decent birdie chances but only converted one.

Could've, should've, would've...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 81 yesterday at the same course where I shot a personal best of 73 last week. Started with a triple bogey 7 on the first hole, a little nervous to start and playing with some already obnoxious playing partners. I settled down and played the next 14 holes in +1 with 2 bogies and 1 birdie (chip-in). Tried to force it on the 16th hole from an 'iffy' lie in some thick rough and ended up with a double. That took the mojo out of my round and I 3-putted the next hole (tough pin on the back shelf) and then doubled the last hole by trying again to be too aggressive with my approach shot.

Live and learn...what I'm working on is really making some progress, I just have to trust it and not get too aggressive.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

I shot an 8 over 44 on 9 holes today. Not great by most standards, but it was my best round ever.

The highlights of the round were my two birdies. One came on an uphill par 4 with a ditch running across the fairway. A good drive just carries the ditch for me, but tee shot kicked into the ditch and gave me a weird lie for the second shot. I hit a PW 6 or 8 feet past the cup and dropped the birdie putt. My second birdie came after a 5w shot on a long par 3 left me with a tap in.

Other than that, I only had 1 par, and the rest were bogeys or double bogeys, but for the first time in a long time, I played an entire 9 holes with no triples.

Great day for my standards.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

last played was 10-11-10 at kern river in bakersfield shot a 77 which was decent for 2-3 putting all day

whats in my carry bag
s2 driver 9.5* stiff shaft
3W S-flex
5w Metal shaft
S2 MAX irons 4-gw stiff flex 900series 56* sv tour 52*nicklaus golden bear blade style putter Prov 1 X only number 1 3.5gps

39 + 44 = 83.
Played decent, but got caught behind a very slow group on the back nine and lost my concentration.
Ugh!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today played in the Mizuno Open Singapore Qualifying rounds (my group just to fill in the numbers) in Sentosa. Sentosa is where the Barclay Open every November is held.

During lunch time, Carlsberg was free flow......Carlsberg beer was on every buggies.........played 47-49=96....more beer during dinner....i love to golf !

Played 9 yesterday and shot 39 at Weatherwax (Valley View)

Burner 10.5: Driver
Burner 15: 3 Wood
Burner 22: Hybrid
Tour Action 6: 4-PW
Rac TP Black 52 & 60 Niblick 56 Rossa Imola 8 Pro V1 & Pro V1x Powerband Bag