IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot a 118 on a Par 65...yes, that sucks horribly...but I feel like I played better than I did last year when I was shooting anywhere from 101-108.  Short game/putting killed me.  Didn't help that the wind was blowing like mad and the course was sloppy because of all the rain we had yesterday.

Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

102 on a par 72. First round of the year with new stix. Only had 35 putts but ALL my irons were horrid. easily should have been 12 strokes less. minimum. Still a good time out.

First round in six months.  I shot a 48 (+13).  The score was not what I was looking for, but considering that it was 35 degrees with snow flurries and constant winds at 25 MPH+ it's not too bad.  I played the first three holes triple, double, double.  Great basketball stat line, but not so much for golf.  This is even worse when you consider that the next hole is my all time nemesis.

Let's assume that I play White Lake Oaks 20 times per year (low estimate) in my regular Sunday morning round and that I am in my 19th year playing there.  I have made par on this hole 4 times and never made birdie.  There has never been a more appropriately numbered hole than the 13th at White Lake.  It is a 90 degree dog leg right.  There are trees tight up the right side that end at a large pond.  You can't hit driver for fear of going through the fairway.  Anything too short leaves you with no way of reaching the green.  A perfect tee shot leaves you with about 200 yards into a green set back into the trees with a marsh on the left and the 14th tee box, which is protected by huge trees, on your right.  Once you get to the green it is the toughest one on the course.  Good luck stopping a put from above the hole and forget about any side hill lies.

OK, enough about the design.  I hit a perfect tee shot,  put my second just off the back fringe.  Mediocre chip left me with about 12 feet right and about 4 feet above the hole.  Drained it.  From there I finished reasonably well.  Three great drives.  Including one that left me hitting from 130 on a par 5, after a lost ball off my first tee shot.  If I could have made a putt I would have fared much better.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Shot a 91 this weekend...... 50-41 certainly was interesting. Pretty happy with how I hit it, the greens around here are still pretty tough from the winter. I drove the ball well though, especially on the back. Things are looking up!

shot a 106 (50-56) on a par 70.  could have been better, but i could really feel myself tightening up during the 5 minute wait at every stinking tee-box.  it was hard to stay loose, so my driving on the back nine really suffered.  front nine was great though since it was wide open and we could play at a decent pace.  my iron play was mediocre, even by my standards, at best.  putting wasn't bad, but short game was not good.  left a lot of chips/pitches short...

had a new lesson on friday that really helped the driving by miles, so that was really encouraging.  it still doesn't feel comfortable, but i'm liking the results so far.  he really helped me shallow out my swing and i'm making miles better contact with my driver.

45 + 44 = 89 on a par 70.  Under 90 is good for me.

Weird thing: on the 15th hole, I normally hit 7-iron (about 150).  I thought I'd try something different and hit an 8 --- and I went over the green (and nearly hit the twosome on the teebox at 16).  I couldn't believe it, so I tried hitting it again --- same thing, over the green, cart path, bounce, near the twosome on 16.  When the ball was in the air, I thought I'd nailed the middle of the green each time, so I didn't yell fore until too late.  Apologized, went on with the round.  ...and on 16, with 150 to the hole, I hit 7 iron, and nailed it over the back of the green -- didn't learn my lesson, I guess.  Tried one club less (6 iron ~170yds) on 17 --- HUGE SLICE!  Ooops.  Then watched as the guy on 11 teed off, got in his cart, slowed down to look at my ball, leaned over and picked it up.  Hey!

96 today. Pretty tough course for me, I don't do well on hilly courses with big elevation changes. I played well enough to get under 90, which was my goal, but I couldn't keep my driver in play today. Took 7 penalty strokes on the day.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Played my first 9 holes of the season the other day, and I shot a 42 (+6) at Blackberry Ridge.  The conditions were less than ideal, with the temperature hovering around 40 with 20 mph winds; however, I played great and hit solid shots with every club in the bag.  I made some long putts, hit a few wedges tight, and the driver was around the fairway all day.  I am really excited for golf this considering I am working at a course near my house, so I get free golf all summer long.  I am trying to play in three tournaments this summer for the first time since high school golf ended, and hopefully get the handicap down under 4.  I will be playing over Easter break, and I will let you all know how it goes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

82 (+11) Today.

4 doubles offset by 3 birdies. 0/6 on the U&D;'s though.

7 GIR, 4/14 FIR.

34 putts.

Really struggled with my woods today, thankfully the irons saved me a little.

New H/C - 12.7

Back on track!

Played 18 earlier today at Greenview in Centralia, IL.  Monday is their bargain day, 18 for the price of 9 holes.   Played pretty well overall, shot an 86 which is +15 there(par 71), best 18 hole score of the year.   42 on front 9 and 44 on back.   5 pars, 11 bogeys and 2 doubles.  Still felt I left a few out there, hope i can keep it under 90 next time as well.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

Played in my first tournament for 2 years today (sadly, I really never had the time, no sandbagging). Shot horrible on the front five (picked up on 2 holes, could have been 53), but fought back with a great 42 on the back nine.

Won the net competition and 13th overall.

Tomorrow the next tournament, thursday the 3rd and on friday a casual 18-hole round with my gf :)

greetings

michi

"I have my own golf course and Par is whatever I say it is. There's a hole which is a Par13 and yesterday I damn nearly birdied that sucker." - Willie Nelson

First league night last night. New league.  Played like a dog!!!  I lost 3 balls, didn't really do anything well and shot 48.  I guess I'm sand bagging or something.  I don't know how I played so bad.  Just not swinging the clubs well at all.  Highlights.... Great bunker shot on one to 4 feet, missed par putt.  Hit it to 5 feet from 63 yards, made the putt for par.  Hit two other really solid wedges to 20 feet past.

I've just got to learn how to swing the longer clubs better.  My wedge play is good, putting and chipping is fine.  Just my long game is out of wack.

Brian

Shot at least a 55 on 9 holes, par 36. It was my first round of the year, and it was a try-out (I wasn't keeping score, someone else was for me). There's a lot I need to work on.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Shot 85 on a brutal day at one of the best courses I've ever played, Arabella Country Estate, currently ranked #4 in South Africa. It was long. The wind blew spray off the lagoon and sand out of the bunkers. It rained on us, turning the rough into glue. And the greens were shaggier than my dog's tail, as they're in their fall maintenance period.

Absolutely loved it!

We paid the equivalent of $30 to play here.

Screen shot 2011-04-20 at 5.45.29 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2011-04-20 at 5.44.32 PM.jpg

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 for 9 holes, ho-hum score.  Weird round.  The best day with the driver in my life.  Averaged about 235 yards off the tee, neglecting the one time I "played it safe" and hit a 3W that went about 90 yards.  Shots were all slight pushes, one with a little draw and one with a little fade, but no hint of the slice that tends to come up once or twice a round.  They were all pretty, too, with fairly low launches and a steady rise that looked like a miniature version of a pro's shot instead of a pop-fly.  A couple of them missed the fairway and were boxed in, but they just looked so nice.....

Unfortunately my irons were pretty bad and my short game / putting were alternately off and on.  Quite literally.  Went double-par-double-par-double-par-double for the first 7, then bogey-triple to end.  Sort of a bummer not to capitalize on having good approaches on most holes and having at least a putt for par on almost every hole, but it was nice to finally have a good day with the big stick so I'm feeling good.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Shot a 107 today on a 68 (+39), 57-50. Drove really well all day and par 3 tee shots were all within 5 feet of green if not on the green, but putted like a 2 year old. 1 par 3 i shot the green and literally 6 putted for 4 over par. On a side not there was a man made stream on the right of a tee box and i completely messed up a drive and the ball shot like a bullet to the hazard but somehow it one of the rocks and shot up 30 yards and back on the fairway, insanely weird!

Driver: :tmade: Rocketballz Stage 2, 9.5 set 1 higher Woods: :adams: F11 15 Rescue: :tmade: R15 17 Irons: :tmade: Rbladez 4-AW Putter: :odyssey: White Hot Bag: :adidas: Cart Bag

85 (43/42). I was +6 thru 3 so I'm really proud of myself for not letting the round get away from me. Beat my buddy for the 2nd straight round, which was the best part

38% Fairways, 44% GIR, 32 putts (4 3-putts grrrrrrr)

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Wow exciting round after work today.  Crazy windy (60KM/h gusts) and -2C.  I managed to shoot a +17 with only 29 putts too which I'm quite happy with.  Though I think I only hit 2 GiR but my short game was on fire setting up 7 one-putts including one up and down from a bunker!  Thank you Stan Utley!

I even finished the round with the same ball I started with!  I'm really digging the Bridgestone E6 Yellows.

Brad