IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

After posting a 79 yesterday, today i shoot a 77. Had a chance for eagle on 16 but missed. No real highlights this round, just solid play. Only 3 putted once. Driving was fantastic hitting 10/13 fairways. i think i had 8 GIR's though. I am although impressed with my finish and not folding under pressure finishing with birdie,par,par.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

91. Good on the front (34 after 8) until I topped my drive on 9, hit a 3 wood into the trees, and then proceeded to hit the same damn tree three times trying to punch out on my way to a snowman. Back was just...bad. I was in the wrong fairway more often than the right fairway. I'd drive a ball 250 out, and 250 to the side. Solid iron play, especially sticking it close out of bad lies (and wrong fairways). Three putted 4 times (all of which were GIR's, so that's friggen' annoying...), but thank God for no four putts. (36 putts) Came back in a much less satisfying 49...ugh.

Bad holes:

#9. Hit the same tree three times. Got an 8.
#13. Boom. Shank off the tee. Second shot, a PW, flew the green. Chili-dipped the next one. Triple bogey 6.
#17. Banana ball 200 yards right, onto #11 of another course. Proceeded to dub my way up the fairway, another 8.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

39 with a TON of wasted shots.

I had 3 birdie putts under 5 feet and only made 1 of them.

That basically sums up my round.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

98 this morning...need to practice more

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

88. Hit 9 GIR and had 5 3-putts. New gap wedge did me wrong and my decision to change putters last night wasn't a good one.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

I shot a dismal 101, 52-49, after consistently being able to break 90 I have not been able to break 100 for my last 3 rounds. My slight slice off the tee has turned into a violent hook, I think I lost 4 balls off the tee in a row. Ah well, still in love with the game!

I shot 39-43.

I left a lot of birdies out there today. I don't normally shoot for birdies, I take them as they come but today they were begging to be taken. I just didn't convert on those 7 foot putts. I should have played the par 5's in -4. Instead, I played them even.

I did go on a par binge after getting up and down from 70 yards. I holed a 20 foot putt that broke twice (mostly luck) to start a run of 7 straight pars.

My mental game was weak today. I am the first one out at my club most of the time and every hole seems to be crawling with maintenance workers. I don't know what they did yesterday on the closed day but they sure cut a hell of a lot of grass today. They drove me nuts.

In my bag:

Driver: Cleveland Hibore XL 9.5*
Hybrids: Cleveland HiBore 19*
Nike Slingshot 23*Irons: Titleist 775 CBWedges: Titleist Vokey 54.10 Callaway X-Tour 58.12

I shot an 86, with dismal putting. My ball striking was awesome though, and especially my driver - wow! My driver was really working today, dang! lol...

But all in all, 86 is one of my lower scores this year...It was on a respectable 6500 yard course, so I was very happy overall with my play.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I shot 38 and my putting was slightly better than yesterday but my Iron ball striking was quite terrible.

For example on the 5th hole I was 165 out in the center of the fairway on a par-5 after my drive and managed to make bogey after hooking my 8-Iron into a greenside lake.
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

fairly satisfied with my 45-40 at The Quarry. 7015 yards, slope of 145. just unbearable. I felt like I escaped with an 85. never again will I play a course with a slope over 135

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

Played Tidewater and the surf club this previous week down in Myrtle Beach, SC. I did my usual "blow up" when i get in superhot weather and shot horribly. Did play Tidewater from the tips which is a pretty tough course from there. Lots of fun as well if any of you ever get the chance, its an incredible course.
Driver905R Proforce V2 Stiff 9.5*
3 Wood906f2 Proforce V2 Stiff 15*
Hybrid:CPR Stiff 18*
Irons: DCI 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 52*,56*,60*Putter: Futura or Redneck BubbaBall: Pro V1

Finally had a good week in my league (9 holes, par 34). Shot 36. Actually drove very poorly, but my short game was solid and I dropped a few nice putts.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Shot an 85 this morning, which moved my (running) handicap to 18.8. I looked back at my statistics for the last couple of years and found that my handicap was 26.4 on 7/2/06. I've improved my handicap by almost 29% in 1 year! My goal at the beginning of this season was to get to 18 (be a "bogey golfer") but I wasn't sure that it would really happen. I'm hitting many more GIR and when I miss, I'm not missing by as much. I'm also not getting myself into trouble as often. I'm losing some strokes right now because I'm experimenting with a ball change and my putting distance is suffering (I'm not consistently around the hole with my first putt. I leave too many way short or way long).
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

43 on a 9 holer. Pretty good considering I'm still struggling with driving accuracy.

I hit no fairways today. Period. Thankfully I had solid iron play (hit 4 GIR's despite no fairways) which allowed me to get out of some incredibly bad lies, especially in, under, and around trees. God, I hate trees. Golf would be so much better if the only trees on the course were next to the tee box so you could sit in the shade waiting to tee off. The only mishit iron shot I can remember today was a toed 3 iron off #9 tee.

Chipping was so-so, and my putting is getting there. My lag putting still sucks, but I'm getting the ball in the hole pretty regularly within five feet nowadays. Three-jacked only twice, was pretty proud of that.

2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Also, I found this on the par-5 6th.

"On your best day... no way"

A 44 on a par 35 course.. my best yet

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Even par 72 from the back tees at Angeles National. Scorecard attached below...

Super strong start. Super dumb finish trying to beat the setting sun. Number 10 was kinda lame too. Took an unplayable then proceeded to three putt. HOORAY!

Hole of the day: 15, Second hardest hole on the course. Solid drive straight into the wind, solid 4 iron to 8 feet, solid putt right in the jar.

Shot of the day: The previous 4 iron.

Feel good shot of the day: 3 iron from 225 to pin high on 8. Missed the eagle putt, but not by much.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

36 for 9. was focusing on chipping with my hybrid around teh greens today and make some pretty good par saves.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06