IGNORED

Conservatives on this site?

CoachB25
Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gator Hazard, so in other words, if Republicans or Conservatives will give up those traits that make them Republicans then ...

Per the abortion issue, and I guess the difference between a liberal and a conservative, murder of those babies is murder.  So, because you want it legal, murder of the innocent and unborn is ok. 

Per "apology", what?  I guess Liberals don't need one for the indiscretions of its party.  Lie to the American people with regards to Benghazi, Obamacare, the IRS, ... and Liberals say, "nothing here."  No problem with the Democratic Party endorsing the "Black Lives Matter Movement" who in separate events far apart called for the murder of Police Officers.  BTW, I guess my life doesn't matter.  What about the attack/arrest on the county clerk in Kentucky for not enforcing Federal Law wrt Gay Marriage and the outrage when there is no outrage from the Left for Kate Steinle's death and Sanctuary Cities who violate Federal Law.  Yeah, no indiscretions.  LOL  

What I don't understand about the Republican Party is that they are so disjointed.  Where is the plan?  Where is the Platform?  Where has the Republican Party come out and made a stand on its principles and posted them for all to see?   

Please learn to use the quote, multi-quote, and @ functions. No one knows you're talking to them or what posts you're referring to. 

New to The Sand Trap? Little Things Members Expect and Ask of Fellow Members

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It is a thing....

Christian communism is a form of religious communism based on Christianity. It is a theological and political theory based upon the view that the teachings of Jesus Christ compel Christians to support communism as the ideal social system.

Yeah I'm familiar with that definition. It is derived from a faulty understanding and interpretation of the words of Jesus and the New Testament

In Communism, government takes from you by force. In Christianity, individuals give willingly and by choice. That is why Christian Communism is an oxymoron.

I am sorry, but you are confusing conservative christian republicans with republican.

this is not surprising - it's the number one strawman from the left - to mis-characterize anyone that disagrees with any of  their goals as extreme versions of such

the reverse also applies though

we'd do well to stay away from the ridiculous caricatures, but then that would require respectful dialogue and the ability to accept that disagreement of positions on subjective issues doesn't always equate to a life or death battle of pure evil vs pure goodness

In Communism, government takes from you by force.

In theory, you are wrong.  the people are supposed to gladly contribute for the greater good.  Rainbow farts, unicorns, and happiness and all that......

In practice you are correct, the collection of one's labor and skills by government is always under threat of force.  Which by human nature will breed resentment by both givers and takers.  The only free exchange that works is on the individual level - personal, 1 on 1, charity.  And then only when it's a temporary measure.

(((((and then a few seconds later)))))

SWWWEEEEEET - the new site has an "Auto-MultiQuote" function!!!

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

I think Conservative comes in varying degree of shades.   Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most conservative, which one are you for those who identifies as a conservative?   My favorite politician of all time ;-), Trump, would come in at around 2?  Sanders at -9?

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

What I don't understand about the Republican Party is that they are so disjointed.  Where is the plan?  Where is the Platform?  Where has the Republican Party come out and made a stand on its principles and posted them for all to see?   

It's disjointed because many, like me, are political moderates for different reasons.

Some of my more conservative friends chain themselves together outside abortion clinics, and on the other extreme one chained herself to a tree. Extreme. Yeah, I have to shake my head and acknowledge that they are my friends. Would I bail them out of jail? Of course! They're my friends.

Do I want either of them running my government? Of course not!

Political moderation is very common place, and the Republican party does not represent one view that is very different from the Moderate Democratic view. This is why it is so disjointed as the Democrats were back when "W" got elected (arguably only once). So, IDK what common ground we all have at this point in time?

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

In theory, you are wrong.  the people are supposed to gladly contribute for the greater good. 

Government gives nothing but what it takes. Then they exempt themselves from all the laws which they have created for anyone who is not them.

Believe me, I know what the word "Republican" means. So, then your assertion is that religion does not play a role in the make up of Republicans.  I did a paper on this in 2008 or 2009.  Anyway, back in the day.  I know that 805+ of all Evangelical Christians call themselves Republicans.  I know in every election, a primary concern within the party is determining who can win that vote.  (BTW, and this is reaching.  I think that the greatest gains in the Republican Party with regards to Faith is Hispanic Catholics.  I recall reading that somewhere.)

I think Conservative comes in varying degree of shades.   Scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the most conservative, which one are you for those who identifies as a conservative?   My favorite politician of all time ;-), Trump, would come in at around 2?  Sanders at -9?

I was a Blue Dog Democrat for most of my life.  In my family, I am considered a moderate Conservative.  On here, well, :-D

I want illegal immigration stopped.  My Mother in Law was an immigrant.  She came to escape the purges of the former Soviet Union.  I want to see the legal means for which people from other countries can come.  I want increased access to Green Cards.  I want opportunity for those to help themselves.  I also want those that break the law, including coming to our country illegally, to be thrown out.  If we can find a way to increase legal immigration etc. all of us will benefit.  JMHO!

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

Believe me, I know what the word "Republican" means. So, then your assertion is that religion does not play a role in the make up of Republicans.  I did a paper on this in 2008 or 2009.  Anyway, back in the day.  I know that 805+ of all Evangelical Christians call themselves Republicans.  I know in every election, a primary concern within the party is determining who can win that vote.  (BTW, and this is reaching.  I think that the greatest gains in the Republican Party with regards to Faith is Hispanic Catholics.  I recall reading that somewhere.)

Let me use Scotch as an example to maybe help clarify this: Just because all Scotch is whiskey, does not mean all whiskey is Scotch.  I am not asserting anything about the republican party other than that there is a difference in being a republican and being a conservative christian who is also a republican.  I have no idea what 805 of evangelicals even means.  Harry Reid and Richard Bryan (senators from my home state of NV) are both mormons, I use them as an example because I know that for a fact about them.  The Kennedy's are Irish Catholic.  They are religious, but they separate church from state and did so when legislating.  This does not mean I agree with what they used to legislate but they were religious and democrats.  

There are republicans who would like you to think that, it is the demographic often referred to as "the religious right".  They do not speak for all republicans in much the same way many African Americans would tell you that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do not speak for all of the black community.

I know that 805+ of all Evangelical Christians call themselves Republicans. 

I take it that you meant 80%, and not 805 of them.

I was a Blue Dog Democrat for most of my life.  In my family, I am considered a moderate Conservative.  On here, well, :-D.

I am thinking you are a 7.  :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Let me use Scotch as an example to maybe help clarify this: Just because all Scotch is whiskey, does not mean all whiskey is Scotch.

Completely off-topic, but Scotch is whisky (without the e), whisky is Scotch, and all the others are whiskey.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Completely off-topic, but Scotch is whisky (without the e), whisky is Scotch, and all the others are whiskey.

I never knew that, you learn something new every day.  Thanks.  I like whiskey, but I love whisky.  

I take it that you meant 80%, and not 805 of them.

I think you got it.  Forgot the shift button.....

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

yeah, I'm sure. Christian Communism is an oxymoron

Wait.  Wasn't Jesus a communist?  (Note, I didn't say Stalinist or Maoist, etc...)

Edited by mdl
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Yes, it is a percent and not a 5.  I guess I typed it so fast that I lifted off of the shift.

Looking forward to the Republican Debate tonight.  Who seizes the opportunity to make a move and who drops out afterwards. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

Looking forward to the Republican Debate tonight.  Who seizes the opportunity to make a move and who drops out afterwards. 

Me, too.  I wasn't interested in following it until Trump dropped out of the lead.  I am thinking Trump will go after Carson and flop.  Bush will try to distinguish himself to no avail.   Carly will impress but won't do much in polls 3 weeks later.  Rubio will do well and continue to eat away at the lead.   I look for the rest to shout their way into the debate. 

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Maybe this belongs in the Trump thread, but I heard an interesting hypothesis somewhere that maybe Trump would actually be the least disastrously bad for the country of the GOP candidates.  The hypothesis is that his views are actually pretty heterodox, and aside from some ultra-racist stuff he'd try to do on immigration, he might end up looking like 2nd term Schwarzenegger, which was very centrist.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Maybe this belongs in the Trump thread, but I heard an interesting hypothesis somewhere that maybe Trump would actually be the least disastrously bad for the country of the GOP candidates.  The hypothesis is that his views are actually pretty heterodox, and aside from some ultra-racist stuff he'd try to do on immigration, he might end up looking like 2nd term Schwarzenegger, which was very centrist.

Who says the GOP candidates would be disastrously bad??

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

(edited)

Deleted.

I look for Trump to go on the offensive.  I also think that this could be bad timing for him if he calls out Carson.

Edited by CoachB25

Darrell Butler

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!