IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know if it is just temporary glitch, but my last two replies have taken something like 2 minutes to refresh and post after I submit them.

Edit:  This reply took almost exactly 2 minutes - I timed it.

I have the same issue.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

• Administrator

I have the same issue.

It posts right away, too. Just takes awhile to reload the page.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

not sure if this is true for anyone else, but the site is running WAAAAY slow since the changeover.

For what it's worth, I've felt the same. With the iPhone and iPad versions especially, it's really slow a lot of times and gets into situations where I try to go back to the previous page and it seizes up for a couple of seconds and then dumps me either back on the page I was on or two pages back, which gets frustrating in a hurry. It doesn't seem to depend on internet speed; happens on WIFI or LTE about the same. The desktop site works great for me, though. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator

@dkolo, just wanted to make sure I understood, you're only seeing the extreme slowness on mobile? Desktop is fine? (Desktop and mobile devices were using the same wifi in assuming?)

@dkolo, just wanted to make sure I understood, you're only seeing the extreme slowness on mobile? Desktop is fine? (Desktop and mobile devices were using the same wifi in assuming?)

Correct.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

If it doesn't work right away I'll paste the URL into the location bar of the browser and let the site redirect to the new URL.

Then copy and paste that in to the text.

Thanks. I'll try that next time.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

(edited)

For what it's worth, I've felt the same. With the iPhone and iPad versions especially, it's really slow a lot of times and gets into situations where I try to go back to the previous page and it seizes up for a couple of seconds and then dumps me either back on the page I was on or two pages back, which gets frustrating in a hurry. It doesn't seem to depend on internet speed; happens on WIFI or LTE about the same. The desktop site works great for me, though. 

Actually, I noticed something like this. It's not slow, the page just won't render. I'll come back 5 minutes later and it's okay. This is for a mobile device, wifi or cellular. I happens much less frequently now.

And on a desktop browser, when I submit a post, it stalls sometimes and I have to hit refresh. I *think* it may be when the post is the first on a new page.

Edited by nevets88

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Actually, I noticed something like this. It's not slow, the page just won't render. I'll come back 5 minutes later and it's okay. This is for a mobile device, wifi or cellular. I happens much less frequently now.

And on a desktop browser, when I submit a post, it stalls sometimes and I have to hit refresh. I *think* it may be when the post is the first on a new page.

It happens in PMs too. It appears to be an AJAX issue.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Haven't had much time to check out the new site. One thing I have noticed on mobile is that you don't go to the last post you read, you go to the most recent one. Is there a way to start at the unread posts?

Also, are the post counts off?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Haven't had much time to check out the new site. One thing I have noticed on mobile is that you don't go to the last post you read, you go to the most recent one. Is there a way to start at the unread posts?

Already answered I think. Click the dot or the star or whatever is left of the title.

Also, are the post counts off?

No. They're actually more accurate now. Huddler didn't let you delete things so post counts were inflated. IPS lets you hide or delete things. Deleting still doesn't update post counts but we can run those manually and often do.

Reputation was also adjusted.

The old browser did a good job of handling MS-Word tables that were copied into the response boxes.

Our new browser, however, seems to add lots of air between the lines text in the table cells. See below: http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85073-pre-calculating-swingweight/

Is there any way to keep MS-Word tables from "exploding" once we insert them into the response box? Would tables prepared in other software work better?

The old browser had an embedded basic table function. Our new one does not do tables, unless I'm missing something.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

So, I made a mess of the post I created earlier today about the Game Golf Live (http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85087-game-golf-live/?do=findComment&comment=1140574), and I wanted to clarify for the future: what, if any, is the correct way on the mobile version of the site to block-quote material from a different source, such as an article on a news site, in order to indicate within the post that it isn't your own writing? In the past, I think I would have used the quotation mark button, but the only thing available on the iPhone interface that seemed like the right option was the Source button. Clicking it brought up a huge mass of HTML code, which I typed around, hoping it would put what was inside the end tags within some kind of box, but it didn't. In any event, I'm curious whether I screwed up using the Source button, if that's not the right button to use, or if this just isn't something that can be done on mobile right now (or some combination of those things). Thanks.

Dom's Sticks:

• Administrator

The old browser had an embedded basic table function. Our new one does not do tables, unless I'm missing something.

That's not a browser. The browser is Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.

We could add a table button to the editor, but I don't see doing it. Tables are almost never used and they're almost always a total PITA when they are.

So, I made a mess of the post I created earlier today about the Game Golf Live (http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85087-game-golf-live/?do=findComment&comment=1140574), and I wanted to clarify for the future: what, if any, is the correct way on the mobile version of the site to block-quote material from a different source, such as an article on a news site, in order to indicate within the post that it isn't your own writing? 

I've added the quote button to the phone interface.

That's not a browser. The browser is Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.

We could add a table button to the editor, but I don't see doing it. Tables are almost never used and they're almost always a total PITA when they are.

I've added the quote button to the phone interface.

Thanks! I just noticed it writing a response a minute ago and worried I had had a brain failure when I didn't see it earlier. 

Dom's Sticks:

The old browser did a good job of handling MS-Word tables that were copied into the response boxes.

Our new browser, however, seems to add lots of air between the lines text in the table cells. See below: http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/85073-pre-calculating-swingweight/

Is there any way to keep MS-Word tables from "exploding" once we insert them into the response box? Would tables prepared in other software work better?

You could save the table as a picture and post the image. Then you would not have to worry about format.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

When editing a post, sometimes it attaches an image posted in a previous post. It won't delete. Weird, not a big deal, can get around it, but it's there. This post is an example. Try deleting the image.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

When editing a post, sometimes it attaches an image posted in a previous post. It won't delete. Weird, not a big deal, can get around it, but it's there. This post is an example. Try deleting the image.

That was easy.

I don't have any idea what you're talking about and have never seen that happen.

I just clicked after the image and hit the backspace button. Then if I wanted I could click the trash can to delete the "attachment" from the post, too.

Speaking of trash can buttons, is there a way to delete drafts of posts on the site with one click like on the previous host, or does one have to select-all within the reply box and delete that way?

Dom's Sticks:

Note: This thread is 2651 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!