IGNORED

Upstate NY/Northern PA Outing - July 23, 2016 @ Conklin Players Club

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 2700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd be interested but I don't want to be a drag on the event.  If you want to set a HCP/skill level, I won't be offended.  @onthehunt526, if you're ever looking for a playing partner (and you're OK playing with a hacker) let me know.  

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

(edited)
15 hours ago, krupa said:

I'd be interested but I don't want to be a drag on the event.  If you want to set a HCP/skill level, I won't be offended.  @onthehunt526, if you're ever looking for a playing partner (and you're OK playing with a hacker) let me know.  

There is no real limit on HCP/skill level, it's more of an outing for people to get out and meet other TST members in our area to just have fun, It's basically for anyone who plays and enjoys the game.

As for your second query shoot me a PM some time, and we'll exchange info, but a PM is a way to go with that... I'll play with any skill level, It doesn't matter.

You'll see for yourself, as the TST joke about me is, If Tour Edge paid pros to play their equipment and I was a pro, I would get paid a full bag deal.

To everyone in the area,

Let me know when a good time of year to do this would be... I can make some calls this week, to figure out cost, lodging, food all that stuff. We will probably have some sort barbecue or meal together, so we can talk about whatever. Then, we can figure out how many of us would commit to going... because if it's Leatherstocking this time, then we'll  move it around and have more than one outing. I think it would be fun, hell we might even do a few "home" course outings.

Edited by onthehunt526
my grammar sucks

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

9 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

There is no real limit on HCP/skill level, it's more of an outing for people to get out and meet other TST members in our area to just have fun, It's basically for anyone who plays and enjoys the game.

Let me know when a good time of year to do this would be... I can make some calls this week, to figure out cost, lodging, food all that stuff. We will probably have some sort barbecue or meal together, so we can talk about whatever. Then, we can figure out how many of us would commit to going... because if it's Leatherstocking this time, then we'll  move it around and have more than one outing. I think it would be fun, hell we might even do a few "home" course outings.

Then I'm in.  I could only do weekends and right now, the only times I'm not available are Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends.

Like I said before, I'd like to make it kind of central for everyone... at least the best I can... if anyone, has any ideas where we could have this outing... I was thinking Leatherstocking, but somewhere within a couple hours of everyone would be acceptable...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

2 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'm def interested depending on the date and location.

Ditto,
Also Cost is a factor for me....

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Does anyone have any suggestions for where we could play for a good price? I had suggested Leatherstocking, but we could do anywhere in the $40-$50 w/ cart range probably...

If we get enough interest from the a given area, we could always carpool to save us a few dollars.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Leatherstocking, is on the pricey side. Over $100 for 18 holes, the Binghamton area (not just Binghamton, but in a 40 mile radius) is much much cheaper, Conklin is only $54 with a cart and they all have GPS in the carts, if you guys, know of other places that are nice courses in the $50-$60 with cart range, please post it... I'd like to get this together for either June or July.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Conklin Player's Club in Conklin is a good deal, another place in the 2 to 2.5 hours from everyone range is Afton that's $32 for 18 with a cart on the weekend... Afton is like 90 minutes from you Albany area guys....

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2016 at 11:44 PM, onthehunt526 said:

Conklin Player's Club in Conklin is a good deal, another place in the 2 to 2.5 hours from everyone range is Afton that's $32 for 18 with a cart on the weekend... Afton is like 90 minutes from you Albany area guys....

I'm willing to travel anywhere from an hour to two hours away for a meetup so, 90 minutes is fine for me. 

@colin007 on the other hand, is "difficult."  :whistle:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

22 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'm willing to travel anywhere from an hour to two hours away for a meetup so, 90 minutes is fine for me. 

@colin007 on the other hand, is "difficult."  :whistle:

90 mins I'll do.

Colin P.

10 minutes ago, colin007 said:

90 mins I'll do.

You guys could carpool too.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

43 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

You guys could carpool too.

Could?  What do you mean, "could?"  I was planning on him being my chauffeur...err ride. :whistle: :ninja: 

Christian

That's funny... I'll call around and find out which courses have a good deal within the area.

I just need a head count, of how many and we'll do a day/wknd that works for everyone, and we'll play some golf.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

30 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

That's funny... I'll call around and find out which courses have a good deal within the area.

I just need a head count, of how many and we'll do a day/wknd that works for everyone, and we'll play some golf.

@colin007 what weekend are you free?

Christian

10 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Count me in.  The only two weekends that I have commitments are Memorial Day and July 2nd-3rd.  I could probably do a weekday as well, but would prefer the weekend.

12 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

@colin007 what weekend are you free?

not sure, gotta check.  i know that Memorial day weekend, 6/25-26, 7/2-3, and July 15-16 are no bueno.

Colin P.

That's 4 so far by my count... the more the merrier.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Note: This thread is 2700 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!