IGNORED

Weigh in on Langer's future without the long putter.

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is Bernhard Langer's future look like without the broomstick?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Bernhard future after the anchoring ban.

• He will manage with moving the putter slightly away and putt the same.
    • His putting will tank.
    • Turn into a average player on the Champion's Tour.
    • Putt better with a short putter.
    • Who cares, it is the Champion's Tour.

I remember watching him win the 1993 Masters with a normal putter and that unusual Langer grip.

As an aside, I also vividly remember being very impressed that he was still hitting a persimmon driver when everyone else had moved over to metal.

He's nearly 60, had a wonderful career...for what it's worth I think he'd be able to revert to a normal putter and his esoteric grip for as long as he wants to keep playing.

• 1 year later...

Bernhard Langer and Scottie McCarron should join the rest of the golfing world and stop anchoring the putter. How else can they compare themselves with other golfers? The basic question is: Is it an advantage to anchor or not? That question has been decided by the "Supreme Court" of golf, The Royal and Ancient, so anchoring now is nothing more and nothing less than cheating.

I honestly know what to think. If he is still anchoring, I don't see it. Honestly, I thought he'd try one handed with a standard length or the arm-lock with the long putter (both of which are legal). He did neither. 

It's not a big deal to me to be honest. I only really pay attention to the Champions Tour closely, a few tournaments a year (namely the DSG Open, and the Senior Open). I really only hear about the Champions Tour from you fellow Sand Trap members.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty strong words from Chamblee on twitter yesterday about the blatant disregard for the ban......anyone watching US Senior Open closely enough to provide an opinion, or is this him seeing this first hand at the tournament...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

45 minutes ago, BallStriker said:

Pretty strong words from Chamblee on twitter yesterday about the blatant disregard for the ban......anyone watching US Senior Open closely enough to provide an opinion, or is this him seeing this first hand at the tournament...

Brandel isn't at the Senior Open, just scroll to his other tweets ;-)

For those that haven't seen it, here are the tweets. I still feel that if the tour and other players felt Langer was anchoring they would call him out on it.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

You guys didn't see the video on the Hank Haney calling out the putting? It's clear he's anchoring.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:32 AM, BallStriker said:

He's anchoring.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

This is in two topics now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2491 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!