IGNORED

Adidas Golf Introduces Tour 360 Boost Golf Shoes for 2016

Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Attended an Adidas Golf media last night. They introduced their new Tour 360 shoes with Boost technology. I'm playing today with them and will report back how they feel. Will be the first round I've played in non "minimalist" shoes in several years.

One piece of technology that I really likes was the introduction of the Boa closure system. It's a knob/dial that tightens steel laced cables instead of laces. Fun fact, 80% of golf shoes now offered in Japan feature Boa technology.

Here's the details from Adidas:

Carlsbad, Calif. (December 11, 2015) – adidas Golf, an industry leader in innovation, technology and performance footwear, announced today the release of the new TOUR360 BOOST, the next generation in the popular TOUR360 franchise. Building on 10 years of innovation, TOUR360 BOOST incorporates the latest footwear technologies, including full-length BOOST™ cushioning, an improved 360WRAP, and a dual-density 10-cleat puremotion® TPU outsole to deliver the next advancement in this iconic, game-changing franchise. 

First introduced in 2005, the original TOUR360 revolutionized golf footwear with never before seen performance and style. Named after its iconic 360WRAP, a midfoot support system that entirely surrounds the foot for exceptional stability, TOUR360 footwear has recorded 38 PGA TOUR victories and since its inception has sold millions of pairs of various models from the franchise around the world. TOUR360 BOOST is the next iteration in delivering the latest in comfort and performance innovation that golfers have come to expect from the TOUR360 franchise. 

“TOUR360 broke ground when it hit the market in 2005,” said Masun Denison, Director of Footwear at adidas Golf. “Our challenge in creating the next generation was living up to the TOUR360 name. We took everything we’ve learned in the last 10 years including visual cues from prior models while utilizing materials and construction innovation to take the TOUR360 BOOST to the next level. It’s a culmination of years of technology, testing, insights and athlete feedback.” 

TOUR360 BOOST features full-length BOOST™ cushioning in the forefoot and heel for maximum comfort and a re-engineered, lighter and more flexible 360WRAP saddle to allow for greater adjustability and adaptability. For the first time, the 360WRAP combines with a full-length outsole, made possible by a new TORSION TUNNEL technology that provides independent flexibility and control between the heel and the forefoot with the added benefit of enhanced arch support and traction.

An advanced dual-density 10-cleat outsole features a harder perimeter TPU to house strategically-placed CenTraXion and thintech® cleats and enhance lateral stability; while a softer thinner interior TPU allows for BOOST™ expansion and unparalleled comfort. The new heel shape, inspired by adidas training and running categories, features an s-curve which follows and adapts to the natural contour of the foot for improved fit, while etc lining material reduces friction, moisture and heat – delivering the optimal shoe climate for maximum comfort. Built on a Tour Performance Last for improved fit and comfort in the forefoot, the upper is made of premium leather and features climaproof® technology for a rich look, a soft and comfortable feel, and lasting protection and durability.

“I’ve always been a fan of the TOUR360 footwear,” said Dustin Johnson, PGA TOUR professional, adidas Golf brand ambassador and #8 in the current Official World Golf Ranking. “I have great memories wearing them during key wins throughout my career, and I can’t wait to get them back on my feet and wear the TOUR360 BOOST next season.” 

In February, the TOUR360 BOA BOOST will become available and will feature our most advanced use of a BOA® Closure System, an incremental pull and push structure located on the top center tongue. The BOA®–integrated 360LOOP connected to the 360WRAP enables fast and easy micro-adjustability for a customizable and comfortable fit. 

Available January 8, 2016, the TOUR360 BOOST will be offered in six colorways and in medium or wide widths in the US at an MSRP of $200USD. TOUR360 BOA BOOST, will be available February 1, 2016 in two coloways at an MSRP of $230USD.

Got my feet digitally measured. Adidas says 80% of people use the incorrect shoe size. My foot is actually smaller than I thought, 10.5 instead of an 11. Good news is both my feet are the same size, which they said is rare. The guy that went before me had a full size difference between feet.adidas_tour_360_boost_1.thumb.jpg.d357d5

Timeline of the Tour 360.

adidas_tour_360_boost_2.thumb.jpg.4ed00e

Some "behind the scenes" looks at the design and prototypes of the Tour 360 Boost.

adidas_tour_360_boost_3.thumb.jpg.0d4136adidas_tour_360_boost_4.thumb.jpg.30b752adidas_tour_360_boost_5.thumb.jpg.e68ff9adidas_tour_360_boost_6.thumb.jpg.cd2043

Here is the Tour 360 Boa Boost.

adidas_tour_360_boost_7.thumb.jpg.d017a4adidas_tour_360_boost_8.thumb.jpg.3288e5

Some prototypes.....adidas_tour_360_boost_9.thumb.jpg.ea7812

And the finished product.

adidas_tour_360_boost_10.thumb.jpg.bdae2

adidas_tour_360_boost_11.thumb.jpg.ba70a

Closer look at the Boost sole.adidas_tour_360_boost_12.thumb.jpg.1921f

Sketches and style inspirations from the lead designer.

adidas_tour_360_boost_13.thumb.jpg.4f6adadidas_tour_360_boost_14.thumb.jpg.63a6dadidas_tour_360_boost_15.thumb.jpg.7c803

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks @mvmac

I like Adidas shoes, but the toes are too pointy for me.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

I loved the BOA system nearly a decade ago on the FootJoys I used then. Good to see that being used in other shoes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Thanks @mvmac

I like Adidas shoes, but the toes are too pointy for me.

Same here. It's the same reason that I generally have to wear "traditional" style golf shoes, because a lot of the ones like the FJ DNA don't come wide enough for my fat feet unless I want to wear shoes that are cartoonishly long. My current shoes are the DryJoys Tour in double wide, and I still have to go with a slightly longer shoe size than my foot actually requires to get enough width to be comfortable.

As for the BOA system, my snowboard boots have a similar method of lacing and I really like it. It makes sure that you can actually get a snug fit on your foot, since oftentimes your laces might slip a little when you're trying to tie them.

I always liked the Tour 360 shoes but never bought a pair because of the price tag. I do like the BOA system and would like to have a pair of golf shoes with it (and work boots :-)).

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm excited the Tour 360s are coming back. I have the Tour 360 ATV from a couple years ago (the original, not the M1) and put them back into circulation at the end of the season. I have the AdiBoost and wore them for most of the year (thanks, TST!) but while the Boost foam is a dream to walk on, the design of the spikes makes it a mud catcher and they do slide around on me a bit more in wetter conditions than the old spiked shoes.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Walked nine holes with the new shoes, the Tour 360 Boosts are comfortable and I like the style. It even rained/hailed for a couple holes and I can happily report that my feet stayed dry. If you're fan of previous Tour 360's, you'll probably love these. 

Some pics from today at Terranea.

IMG_6236.thumb.JPG.e5bfa083a0cc966b0c3b8IMG_6237.thumb.JPG.eebdf9ef5ea144de02120

IMG_6238.thumb.JPG.315c17465049fa2352c7fIMG_6242.thumb.JPG.b8a28249040af938dd1f5IMG_6241.thumb.JPG.33f3a2eeac16a6cb5891dIMG_6246.thumb.JPG.7a694946dc6fc22eede3d

View from my room this morning.

IMG_6247.thumb.JPG.4860ab132cce3de8a41dd

Mike McLoughlin

Adidas sent me some photos of the event.

This is me teeing off on a par 3.

_DNLAHpg7ggBN6Iw42FfnaCFYYtxLjAKlCxbgnAFH6u-p_TMBZu3TqrfLhVbBz66wq2Uys3vUuHyeXBWmTI-Lp6voZ9BhUKEIeOdtyzIy7GxuOX5kSpBXoD5p0Kb2KxzxN7JP1PxblPAgF1A92IsanVA6ZzBGu7zq4mHRnBHT3yGqUnS6N0Fe_bHCirOGby3k64lNLCKaqrHXQkQxn561eLXnpk6eDcGOIHGhXHoxEDv6FU2tRghO2mAgu0gUzPgHtAbNmHPkM5fxL7UPDRU1ywetI3OAQHK_EGvH-7jad6TROqM_JPvW-Nz-51R9kjDLKQCGmSE_G-sBYu4c_dahiUqqSYm_is2RUWV7QNBj2xnP2pkSmry_2DkaOaPkIfNgqCf3rEGT_nze2SllRzNdG3fwXPxj9vGPNH-6RJwUlE8xPtKtD6yrKxV

am34uSPrd-J7cJwNCldc1gecOQ-9rB_tIZBPuIolrZyKjiidHwYtDzVHlrrP61NxFssj7hNDibpjwmgB_FFBIVAsoQGYvVjT9KVXqOoJ3X91VP2tHAogmW86O3zJbp4Cx2Yky8lva_iBoZPUdqmdoqcAtnZgMM-FQt9j5iGdR7JDIvi48WSB2Ud9Ai9O4A9E3M68mIocgN3DD2K2p-K7k9MeKEK30-1AVknCkVK7aVKWLk9oeUlmV3uQ70vS-g9_iEhD1VUKhVq3Y-QuVzFXwjqKZXi7eypmisYKjd1fNU7AaHrpZ4vSiLX0iV97amj-ydSP1fupxjA9l40htW_ZIZKL4n6jnxlCB6b0L56t

AnBQXgyqP9jkn_TjTIFw8XZDe0enxswVFF7fRtJQ1q4.jpg

rKiQHZx6QMxQgQRaWRweMocoAd-Ffui7pUlKeEwG-2I.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

At the media event I was closest to the hole on #8 (they had two holes set-up for that). My prize was three pairs of the new shoes to give away to anyone I wanted. Pretty cool one to win around Christmas. 

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 3209 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!