IGNORED

Member Reviews: Kentwool Performance Socks and Boxers

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We have @bmartin461 and @Club Rat writing reviews for these two great products from Kentwool (@iacas and myself will also share our thoughts). This thread will serve as an ongoing mini-blog for reviewers to post pics when the carts first arrive, share initial impressions or answer questions on the following products:

Underwear
http://shop.kentwool.com/Underwear-Tees/

Socks
http://www.kentwool.com/collections.php#golf

I'll post pics of the socks I received. They're my second pair of Kentwool socks and they're awesome. Great quality and comfortable. Really like wearing them around the house during this time of year. Also cool I can get them in my college team's colors (USF).

IMG_6249.thumb.JPG.d04b0de788a761e97eeacIMG_6250.thumb.JPG.8ae4e099e54febb8578da

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've received my Kentwood items and have worn both the sock's & boxer briefs. I really like the socks, they kept my toes nice & toasty warm today on a very chilly day. I also like the boxers, the double comb, super-fine merino-wool is extremely comfortable. A huge plus for these iteks they are laundry friendly, for both washer and dryer. Like most fine fabrics, the manufacture recommends turning the garment inside out when laundering the items. I'm with mvmac, the socks are great to wear around the house. I would suggest if anyone interested in the briefs to order one size smaller, mine are just a tad larger than I like. If anything I wish the briefs were a low rise, which is my choice for underwear that I usually purchase.

A big plus for Kentwool, my wife thinks they're Sexy ...... 

Kentwool.thumb.JPG.db082a6e3e9b4479dad73

• Upvote 1

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

On December 12, 2015 at 0:06 AM, mvmac said:

We have @bmartin461 and @Club Rat writing reviews for these two great products from Kentwool (@iacas and myself will also share our thoughts). This thread will serve as an ongoing mini-blog for reviewers to post pics when the carts first arrive, share initial impressions or answer questions on the following products:

Underwear
http://shop.kentwool.com/Underwear-Tees/

Socks
http://www.kentwool.com/collections.php#golf

I'll post pics of the socks I received. They're my second pair of Kentwool socks and they're awesome. Great quality and comfortable. Really like wearing them around the house during this time of year. Also cool I can get them in my college team's colors (USF).

IMG_6249.thumb.JPG.d04b0de788a761e97eeacIMG_6250.thumb.JPG.8ae4e099e54febb8578da

Didnt know you went to USF. Are you from Tampa area?

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Didnt know you went to USF. Are you from Tampa area?

SF = San Francisco.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, iacas said:

SF = San Francisco.

I was waiting for that. :-)  I know mvmac lives in San Diego, so I suspected San Fran.  BTW, they are the same colors as Univ of South Florida.  Weird coincidence.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Yep, San Francisco, not South Florida...Go Dons!

Mike McLoughlin

8 hours ago, mvmac said:

Yep, San Francisco, not South Florida...Go Dons!

Go Dons?  What the hell is a "Don"? :-D

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

1 hour ago, vangator said:

Go Dons?  What the hell is a "Don"? :-D

It was either that or "The Fightin' Corleones"

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Nice photo @Club Rat, good to hear your wife approves ;-)

@bmartin461, have you received your stuff yet?

1 hour ago, dkolo said:

It was either that or "The Fightin' Corleones"

Haha, good one. 

Here is the answer if you guys really want to know,
http://www.usfdons.com/sports/2013/2/5/Mkt%20and%20Promo_0205130547.aspx

Mike McLoughlin

Not part of the review team, but I have purchased several pairs of the Kentwool Tour and Game Day Socks -- big thumbs up for great color, comfort, soft, warm. Softer than Darn Tuff Socks (US Cotton). 

The Kentwool give you some substance on the sole and are thinner on top of the foot for comfort and durability.

I did buy a couple of pairs of the Tour Standards (over the calf) and am not crazy about the charcoal or khaki colors - they need some work here.

But if you are getting the ankle type socks shown in the review, Kentwool are tough to beat.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

5671b147bc207_2015-12-1613.35.55.thumb.j5671b14953779_2015-12-1613.36.27.thumb.j

I got a pair of the black socks. I've had Kentwool socks before, and they're always some of my favorite.

While @david_wedzik is content to buy 24-packs of cheap socks every six months, and replace them, I'm the type who prefers to baby or take care of my feet. Kentwool socks do that. They take care of (and baby) my feet.

It's tough to see in this image, but these socks contain a section just above your toes that's even more breathable.

5671b14abc85d_2015-12-1613.36.54.thumb.j

The socks are thick, comfortable, breathable, and look good. I appreciate the thickness as I often walk around in just my socks (or barefooted).

5671b14c0fb77_2015-12-1613.37.25.thumb.j

The boxers… also feel great.

The "sleeve" or "pocket" or hole or whatever you want to call it to fish out your "gear" when you visit the restroom is a top, downward-facing slot. It's not a "to the side" slot. That's interesting, but works well.

The underwear didn't excessively ride up or down my thighs, which is welcome, and I felt well supported throughout the six days in a row I wore the same pair (I kid… 18 hours including active table tennis playing and general walking about.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Sock competition has upped the standards. Wonder if these would work for killing "slow play" if embedded into Kentwood socks?

Not sure if they're available in Team Colors like KW socks.......

Designed to pause the streaming service if you happen to fall asleep during a Jessica Jones marathon, Netflix announced a new do-it-yourself project called the Netflix Socks. Utilizing technology like an accelerometer and a microcontroller, the socks will actually detect when the user stops moving. When that happens, the socks will fire off a pause signal to halt the progress of the current television show or movie streaming on Netflix.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/socks-will-actually-pause-netflix-fall-asleep/#ixzz3ubxE64vM

netflix-socks.thumb.jpg.8dcb5f310c233e96

50 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Sock competition has upped the standards. Wonder if these would work for killing "slow play" if embedded into Kentwood socks?

Not sure if they're available in Team Colors like KW socks.......

Designed to pause the streaming service if you happen to fall asleep during a Jessica Jones marathon, Netflix announced a new do-it-yourself project called the Netflix Socks. Utilizing technology like an accelerometer and a microcontroller, the socks will actually detect when the user stops moving. When that happens, the socks will fire off a pause signal to halt the progress of the current television show or movie streaming on Netflix.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/socks-will-actually-pause-netflix-fall-asleep/#ixzz3ubxE64vM

netflix-socks.thumb.jpg.8dcb5f310c233e96

These would come in handy when watching particularly soporific golf tournaments. Get on it, Kentwool!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

My review - Kentwool, Socks and Boxer Briefs

If you’re reading this review, then most likely you’re a person who enjoys playing golf.

A quote by famous writer Samuel Langhorne Clemens under the pen name Mark Twain, "Golf is a good walk spoiled" If Kentwool products had been available back then, Mr. Twain would most likely enjoyed his day on the links.

Many spend countless hours at a sport they dearly love, walking on various terrains. The feet absorb an abundant of motions different from a normal everyday activity. This requires the right equipment or your day could be undesirable. Having proper fitted golf shoes is a must along with comfortable socks. If you spend long days on your feet, try a pair of Kentwool socks.

Kentwool socks are a very high quality, Merino Wool product, which are very comfortable. Machine washable and dryer friendly, but I prefer to line dry wool products.. During winter months I’ll place a bath towel on our banister and drape fine items over the towel to dry.

Kentwool golf socks are made right here in the U.S.A. That’s something they take great pride in. To underscore that point and reflect our allegiance to this great country, they have created a commemorative U.S.A. sock that was introduced to coincide with the 2012 U.S. Open at Olympic Club in San Francisco, CA.

Products available are – Men's Tour Profile, Men's Low Profile, Bubba own "Green", USA Golf Sock and Game Day Socks - Show Your True Colors

The 19th Hole Collection,  style, comfort and performance are blended perfectly in our 19th Hole Collection of casual socks. They come in a wide range of styles and colors: stripes, argyles and solids. These are perfect for the clubhouse, or around town.

Play in comfort with KENTWOOL if you're heading to the course or the staduim. Our golf socks combine superfine Merino wool—a natural Smart Fiber—with WINDspun technology for unparalleled, guaranteed! Blister-free performance. Go Team!

Their statement, Kentwool boldly proclaims their product to be “The world’s best golf sock.” They state that this sock is odor resistant, comfortable, blister free, fatigue reducing, durable, and moisture wicking.

With “Our Rockin' 100% Money-Back Guarantee.”

When we say it's the World's Best Golf Sock...we mean it. And more importantly, we stand behind it. No questions asked.

If for ANY reason you are not completely satisfied, kindly send your socks back to us (within 30 days) and we will refund your money.

Underneath it all, great golf is about feeling comfortable. Made from superfine 17.5 micron Merino Wool, Kentwool’s new boxer briefs work to regulate body temperature and prevent chaffing while also wicking moisture away from the skin, keeping you dry and comfortable. Not to mention they come with an itch-free guarantee. With features including a contour front pouch, stay-put waistband and a horizontal fly for easy access, these boxers are a continuation of Kentwool’s tradition of excellence. I‘ve worn low rise Jockeys for years and never liked boxer style underwear. But these briefs are supportive and I found them extremely comfortable. I hardly noticed that they are on my body while walking or standing. With loose fitting pants, shorts or trousers, it’s almost a feeling of wearing nothing underneath. I even wore them for over 36 hours and felt like I wear them longer. I’m looking forward to next summer to wear these on hot summer days to see if they are indeed cool and prevent discomfort due to sweating.  

Kentwool 100% wool boxers are made from 17.5 micron superfine Merino Wool, have a contour front pouch with a stay-put, no roll waistband and flatlock seams for enhanced comfort with a horizontal fly (for easy-access).

I hope Kentwool adds a low-rise, jockey style brief to their product line in the near future. My only dislikes with the boxers, was the high waistband.

I did find - Kentwool Tour Coupon Codes for December 2015 available online.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I received my shipment yesterday and am trying out the underwear today. 

Initial Impressions:

The packaging is top notch and gives the confidence that what is inside is a quality product.  The socks appear well constructed and comfortable.  The briefs are thinner than ones I normally wear (Alfani) and looked small out of the box.  The fit though is great, the look when on reminds me of bicycle shorts to be honest, but they are very comfortable.   My only slight complaint is the slight ride up on the legs, but that is nothing unheard of with boxer-briefs.

Unpacking:

568fdda5691bf_IMG_3827(Small).JPG.ae2dd2

568fdda4493e9_IMG_3829(Small).JPG.bef527568fdda5044ee_IMG_3832(Small).JPG.258017

If you are interested, here is a picture of me in the shorts:

Spoiler

I can't believe you clicked on it!  Did you really want to see me in these underwear??  :-D

I'll post separately about the socks, I have not tried them yet.

Note: This thread is 3192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!