IGNORED

Where Is Your Next Golf Trip Going to Be?

Smidd4

I'm tossing around the idea of a trip to the Pinehurst area in mid November. Veteran's Day is on a Monday, and I can probably stack some days so I only take 1 day off work. Only thing I'm a little worried about is potential course conditions. Wondering if that's a transition season where grass is starting to go dormant. Well, beyond that, I'm worried about broaching this plan to my wife, but one problem at time 😆

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Only thing I'm a little worried about is potential course conditions. Wondering if that's a transition season where grass is starting to go dormant.

I go every year for Thanksgiving, this year I'll be arriving on 11/15 with 3 buddies.  Conditions have always been pretty good, greens are always near-perfect.  The only downside is that some courses will have overseeded, and they generally keep the fairways pretty wet while the rye gets started.  

• Informative 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

I'm tossing around the idea of a trip to the Pinehurst area in mid November. Veteran's Day is on a Monday, and I can probably stack some days so I only take 1 day off work. Only thing I'm a little worried about is potential course conditions. Wondering if that's a transition season where grass is starting to go dormant. Well, beyond that, I'm worried about broaching this plan to my wife, but one problem at time 😆

Glad you have the more important problem listed first 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just got back from 7 days straight of golf in Las Vegas. 
I've played all three courses at Paiute Golf Resort. Normally I say that the Wolf course is my favorite, but I do really like Snow Mountain as well. I'll say this, all three courses are really great there. You can't go wrong by playing Paiute. 

Then I played a tournament at Bear's Best. Been playing that tournament for like 15-16 years now. We've only been at Bear's Best for the last 10, before that we were at Prime Valley. It was a great tournament. For some reason my head fell off during my Saturday round to take me totally out of contention. I also hit a piss-poor tee shot on the 4th hole of the horserace to take my partner and I out of that. 

I hit some really great shots during the tournament. But you don't win tournaments by hitting great shots. You win tournaments by making low scores. Which I simply wasn't able to do. 

It was great, and now only 357 more days until next year's tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• 4 weeks later...

Heading to Northern Michigan today.  1st round is Threetops (9 hole Par-3 course) in Gaylord this afternoon.  It is looking to be wet and cool with 80% chance of rain and 59 degrees but to me the radar looks to clear about an hour before our tee time so I am hopeful.🤞

Tomorrow & Wednesday is Garland Resort in Lewiston which is looking to be drier and a little warmer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

So much for Threetops today.  The grey dot is the course.  We just went straight to Garland

IMG_9811.png

• Booooooooo 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• 1 month later...

Well, this thread might be more centered in the US but I want to share my next trip. I live in Colombia and I've just began my journey in golf, I'm soon to get my handicap, but I will technically have a golf trip this month.

My dad is visiting from Switzerland and some friends are gonna come to Colombia to play golf, so I will join them. Why not? It'll be like a golf bootcamp for me. It's gonna be a 2-week and 8-game trip in Bogota, Cali, the Coffee Triangle and Medellin in some really cool courses that I have visited but not played in before. So let's see how it goes, maybe I'll post an update.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colombiafrank said:

So let's see how it goes, maybe I'll post an update.

Please do. I love hearing about other people's golf trips especially out of the country ones because I'm less likely do those ones.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood
Irons: :titleist: U505 (3)  :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   :titleist: SM9 54/58  
Putter: :tmade: Spider X