IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (February 2016)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mirror work at the gym before my workout. Same priority items with slow swings and mapping.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Continue yoga, medicine ball and backswing drill. Today I noticed a new verbal key when pretending to hit ball in backswing drill finish. A vocal "boom" when reaching impact and visualizing ball floating with a draw to the middle of the fairway. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Lots of mirror work today since the range was closed. Im still working on my downswing pivot and regaining my forward flexion. I also worked on my takeaway by making sure my hands are going and the clubhead is going out.

Got my latest evolvr lesson back.  I am getting the shaft laid off at the top, and my right elbow stays tight to my body until I transition to the downswing.  It comes off a little bit, so my priority piece is keeping my right elbow glued during the downswing.

For practice, I went to the range and worked through a bucket of balls with my 7 iron.  Like any other time I add a new piece, ball flight was just awful.  I stayed the course, however, and didn't let myself lose focus of the priority piece just so I could make the ball "go".  I'm no longer embarrassed by duffing shots while I've got my camera set up--it will pay off in the long run.

13 hours ago, Lihu said:

Doing more stretches and backswing rotation drills.

Played the first 6 holes of the shorter course, then 1-4, 6 ,7-15 on the longer course for 20 holes of golf. No scoring, but hit a few good shots here and there.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

More stretching and practiced making full turns.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Nice day here. Feb sun is warm and after 50 degrees and rain yesterday snow is melting away. Did some walking, about 9 holes worth, hit some balls into net in barn and did my gym routines of yoga,. Medicine ball and backswing drills. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Practiced at the range today. Im still working on my pivot mainly in the downswing. When I got home I did some mirror work focusing on my takeaway, and making sure my hands go in and the clubhead goes out.

Hit balls out at the field behind work. Practicing straightening the left leg sooner on the downswing per my last Evolvr lesson. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

More stretching and practiced making full turns.

Raining. Still lots of people out on the course and on the range. Doing drills inside.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Spent some time re-reviewing my last Evolvr analysis and took some more notes. Worked on the 1/2 swing inside, then took it outside to work on the driver and 6-iron. Working on priority items... Shallow out the shaft at A4 and pausing before downswing. Trying not to swing with the hands and using the hip and shoulder rotation to bring the club path through to the ball. 

Spent a couple hours in the garage this evening working on the full swing irons and hybrids with sme priority items. Finished off the day with some chip / pitch target practice.

Dave

Got rained out today, so I spent time working on my GamePlan for the 4-club tournament I have on Sunday. I've worked out that 3W, 7i, SW, and putter will be my best combo.

Raining. More full turn drills.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

It was 72 degrees here yesterday, so I went to the range and hit a bucket of balls.   I changed my practice routine to where I change club on every shot.   I don't repeat the same club over and over like I used to.  I imagine playing a round of golf: driver, iron, driver, 5-wood, wedge, and so forth. 

Never hit the ball better in my life.   I'm working on relaxing my hands and arms, especially on the downswing, maintaining lag, getting on plane, and sort of aiming my hands at a spot in front of the ball.  Whether this good ball striking can be carried over to an actual round is the big question.  

Practiced at the range today. Spent my time focusing on my downswing pivot. Made very slow swings making sure Im doing it right. Practiced some pitch shots toward the end of the range session.

Did some mirror work on straightening the left leg at about A6 forward.

Also worked on putting, trying to keep the ball on the metal yard stick.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Note: This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!