IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes mirror work before my workout. Focused on centered hip turn and getting the hands out further from A4 to 5 to flatten the shaft.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

Practiced my putts in the living room.

Planning a 9 hole round with lots of chipping and putting practice.

Mission accomplished. . .averaged 3 putts per hole. :-P

I even had an eagle putt from 70+ feet above the hole on 16, and ended with a bogey 4 putt. I hit My hybrid too thin and hot and I ended up on the back of the green, then was too timid on the lag putt back. In retrospect, I was way to timid on all my putts today. 58% GIR and nothing really to show for it. All I can do it :-D, that's golf.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Spent about a half hour today stretching, doing general core strengthening exercises, and working on keeping my head still throughout the swing. No club or balls, just going thru motions in slow-mo and trying to take mental note of the feels. 

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Full yoga routine, medicine ball routine, dead lift and backswing drill not hitting any balls. 

Worked on path and club face at lesson 5 of 6 with club pro. Used impact bag to close club face at impact and swinging out to 1 o'clock to promote draw foundamentals.

Under construction, signature and game.

Worked today in the basement (chip/pitching/putting) and then in the garage (full swing - hybrid and iron) and pitching. Focused full-swing on the backswing and downswing drills. I've been working on these a couple hours every day to get them ingrained. Staying on track with the single focus here. Since it's been one week from my visit to Erie, I thought I would post a few minutes of my practice drills in MySwing. Here they are:

Dave

Range work today. I did some takeaway drills my instructor gave me and I also worked on my weight distribution in my backswing. I ended my range session with some wedges trying to dial in some yardages.

Did dynamic stretching warm-up for 5 minutes.

Practiced "A4 and hold" drill for 5 minutes in mirror.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I worked out in the garage again today. We still have snow covering the ground. I worked on my grip and set up. While hitting balls worked on keeping arms extended through the hitting zone and holding a good finish . 

Working on wrist loading. I had a really nice drive yesterday, and want to reproduce it. It had a snap at impact in the wrists that felt really powerful.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

Working on wrist loading. I had a really nice drive yesterday, and want to reproduce it. It had a snap at impact in the wrists that felt really powerful.

Went to the range and worked on this for a long time. It's going to take a while to get that "great shot" mode I had yesterday. I only got one decent shot out of a couple dozen shots. If I can do this I might add a some yards to my current carry.

Finalized the drivers I need for winter (Titleist 910D2 Kaili R shaft) and summer (Ping i25 PWR55 S) conditions. The trajectory is really lower with the Ping, and on a hot day a week ago the Titleist hit way too high and spinny.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I hit the range up today. I worked some more on my takeaway and my weight shift in the backswing. I also worked on my putting by doing the coin drill. I leave for Myrtle Beach tonight and will play my first round of the year tomm. Im excited!

Spent the afternoon at the range working on backswing and downswing drills. Took a bunch of videos, so I will review those tonight. Worked on the driver a bit with the new backswing. Staying on track, started to develop a fade with the driver. Hybrids and irons swings were spot on with the new swing. Loving that. Finished up the bucket with game situation drill alternating clubs between the driver, hybrid, iron, wedge. 

Focused here today on keeping a soft chest at A4 and pinch c at A6 through the follow through. I have a new A6 feel.... Feel like I'm reaching for something on the shelf far to the right. Made some notes in the notebook today regarding this.

Finished up at the green. No one there today, so I had the green to myself. Did a little four ball game. Pitch 4 balls and putt them out. Putting was really strong weigh the new stroke. Loving that too. My accuracy and speed have come spot on with the change. Went back to a standard grip. Still need a lot work on the pitch stroke. Suppose to be better weather tomorrow, so I'll try to play a round in the afternoon.

Dave

Read chaps 4 - 8 of LSW on

plane ride to Myrtle Beach.

Worked on "trail arm" rotation drill - slowly - for 5 minutes. I can't believe how tight my R shoulder felt at end. I need more shoulder stretches at gym.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I worked on tempo this morning. I get to fast on my back swing. I feel that everything gets out of position. I also get lazy and do not finish and hold it. Made it a point to hold a finish.

More back swing transition work and observing my wrist loading at the top.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Short yoga routine to stretch and backswing drill hitting balls into net in barn. Continue slow motion swings inside out path and keeping club face square at impact.

Under construction, signature and game.

Range today. It was 37F and they didn't have the heaters on! Worked on A5 position. Then worked through the bag Driver, 3w, 4, 6, 8, PW, 56 and 58. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2961 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!