IGNORED

Golf and Alcohol

Tim Williamson

Alcohol and Golf  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you drink when you play?

• Not at all
    • Rarely
    • Occasionally
    • Often
    • Always or nearly all the time

When I was much younger golf was something to do when we were drinking.  Now that I am a little more mature I almost never drink when I golf. Probably because I play with my son more than anyone else. My son was our designated driver after a recent day trip with a couple friends.  Even then we didn't drink until the 19th hole.  Tomorrow we are playing in a charity scramble, so there is a chance I will have a couple beers during that round.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In around '71, a friend of mine gave me $50 to write his algebra exam at Uni. 

Of course I forgot all about that, until he stopped by to remind me. I was in the building where we were writing and had just finished one of my own. and then had dropped some acid.

Didn't blink an eye. Just went on in and proceeded to pass that exam for him.

But to take a drink while golfing and possibly screw up my game, not a chance.

I sip an Italian Sports Drink out of a metal container while playing.  No sips if I make a bogey.  One sip if I make a par.  2 sips for a birdie.  Had an eagle yesterday... 3 sips.  Heaven forbid I have a hole in one!

7 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I sip an Italian Sports Drink out of a metal container while playing.  No sips if I make a bogey.  One sip if I make a par.  2 sips for a birdie.  Had an eagle yesterday... 3 sips.  Heaven forbid I have a hole in one!

Then it's bottoms up!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Day 85: A bit of putting practice after getting home from a long travel day. 
    • I am still searching for a “drop in handicap.” My game seems to be improving but I am still not scoring lower. Can’t explain it.
    • I remember going through those types of situations. A combination of perhaps a fear of damaging the beautiful turf and not having some taller grass to support the ball up off the solid ground. Hitting out of the rough allows more leeway or room for error. during one such period I went to the range and spent quite a while brushing the turf between each shot to get familiar with what I had to work with and get comfortable with a tight lie. eventually you will come to realize that it really comes down to developing a consistent low point to the swing through lots of practice. 
    • Day 116 (23 Oct 21) - worked w/putter and straight edge.  Used both the DF992 and White Steel #5 - big difference in feel.  Drills were to overcome the push I tend to see.  More work needed, but the straightedge does provide the right feedback. 
    • I have been playing on a couple of inexpensive courses to learn , I played on an expensive country club course today and the fairways were in better condition than the greens at the courses I usually play. Very short grass.   I had a very very hard time hitting off these fairways ,  I had been getting into a groove on the lesser courses and my play was rapidly improving with my off fairway approach game being the best part of my game. I went from hitting at least 10 80 to 100 yard shots in a round onto the green from the fairway to hitting maybe 3 of 13 of them today. My hits were a medley of ground balls , tops, and other disasters.    The only grass range I have access to has very coarse rough type grass , should I just practice taking some exaggerated divots on it ? I read about playing a tee 8” or so in front of the ball to practice hitting ahead of it. Open to any other suggestions. Today was humbling.     
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Covert
      Covert
      (78 years old)
    2. Landonhux
      Landonhux
      (21 years old)
    3. opie
      opie
      (44 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...