IGNORED

How often do you switch balls?

KIDDEREK
Note:Β This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. 1. I change my ball every

• NEVER!!!!!
    • only if there's excessive dirt/scratches
    • hole
    • 2-3 holes
    • 4-6 holes
    • 7+ holes

I do not believe all golf balls are manufactured equally well; not even the balls in the same sleeve or box. I often play with the same ball for an entire round and may use a ball washer only once or twice.

No offence mate, but I think thats taking it a bit too far, unless you have a $$$ tree outside your house. What balls are you using? No one is that perfect that a ball that is 95% perfect compared to 100% will make a difference.

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

As long as I'm playing a good ball, I'll usually get about 3-4 rounds out of it being that in the last few months I've not been losing them much and even with the backspin, I don't see a noticable amount of damage on any them that would affect performance.
In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

I have played with the same Noodle for 2 rounds now. It has sucessfully cleared two lakes and two ponds, and everytime I bring it home I smile.

When I finally submarine this ball I swear I will die a little inside...

Clubs in my Army-issued duffel-bag...

DTR Irons : 2-9
DCI Wedges : PW 48* & SW 56*
Driver : Mid-Size TP System2 9.5* Metalwood (5) 23*

I usually have a fresh sleeve for every round. Best is when I use only two, mostly change mid round due to the condition of the first. Occasionally go to the third for the errant wet ball. If I have to pull another sleeve, look out, it is not a good day.

David
Discount Clone Golf Clubs

How frequently do you change your ball?

One day, I played with 9 balls lol... In my last rounds, I've only been using 1 ball. I don't go in a bunker for at least 72 holes

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54ΒΊ SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60ΒΊ SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

• 3 months later...

I switch when it's needed. What more needs to be said? At the end of yesterday's round I finally tossed the ball I was playing with in the lake. I had just finished the 3rd full round with it this year, and it had already gotten some use last fall. I skidded it off a cart path halfway through the round, and just decided that I had gotten my money's worth out of it. I holed out a chip for birdie on 18, and gave the ball to the ducks and fishes.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

if i can play the same ball the whole round, i'm playing really well.

i play pro-v's so won't change unless there is some huge scuff on the ball. they are too expensive to be changing out every few holes.

My thoughts on when to discard a ball are as follows:

1) As long as a ball does not have scuff marks on it I will play with it…but if it gets scuffed I will not use it any longer to play for score...I think scuff marks can affect putting and I need all the help I can get

2) Once a ball is scuffed I do not discard of it but keep it for chipping and pitching practice…I keep at least 3 balls in my bag (in a separate compartment) that I use when I want to spend an hour or so practicing…I also put the remainder of them (scuffed balls) in a tube I use whe I am going to spend a lot of time practicing chipping or pitching and want to groove something.

Just because a ball is dirty or scuffed does not mean one should throw it away…the darn things cost to much for that…

ONE exception – When a ball acts up and causes a triple bogey or worse…then I might get rid of it like in the lake or woods…

TEE - XCG6,Β 13ΒΊ,Β Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ballΒ 

I rarely lose balls, I have played tournaments of 72 holes without losing a ball, of course changing balls at the start of each round!

ONE exception

No question, this is the proper protocol for a ball that acts up. Unless it's a ProV1. They usually just need a time out in the bag to remind them of their job.
Driver: 9.5Β° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.Β° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0Β° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0Β° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58Β° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I have played with the same Noodle for 2 rounds now. It has sucessfully cleared two lakes and two ponds, and everytime I bring it home I smile.

Just read through this thread, and that is funny as can be.

I am the same way though. I have a Pro-V1x that I found that looked brand new with a woman's chest drawn on it :) ( I promise I found it that way). For some reason, I would really be upset if I lost this ball.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8Β°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54Β° and 58Β°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

The only time a person should change their ball (unless you get them for free) is when they are scuffed or altered in any way that effects the playability. Sometimes I will use a ball that I find like the Srixon Soft Feel and tear a chunk out of the cover after a real solid wedge shot, but other times I can play with the same ball for nearly an entire round. Just depends on the ball type. For me, Pro V1's are the most durable made at the moment and offer me good bang for the buck because I don't lose them to often and they last a long time. No point in playing a $2 ball and having to replace it every 3rd hole when I can play a $6 ball for a full round.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

I will continue to play a ball that has minor scuffs from wedge shots but if it has a gash or bounced off the cart path,that ball is done after the hole is over and into the short game practice rotation. Anything more than a minor scuff with make the ball grab the air in ways that you dont want..

Since ive switched to the nxt tour from the pro v1x ive been able to get an entire round or even two out of a ball. I could barley get though 9 holes with a pro v1x. Not very durable.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I will continue to play a ball that has minor scuffs from wedge shots but if it has a gash or bounced off the cart path,that ball is done after the hole is over and into the short game practice rotation. Anything more than a minor scuff with make the ball grab the air in ways that you dont want..

haha.. see I said the opposite, different strokes for different folks though.

The Pro V1 is the only ball that has been able to stand up to my swing for entire rounds. The Titleist Professional 90 was my favorite but it's no longer in production

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

haha.. see I said the opposite, different strokes for different folks though.

Yeah I suppose. Everyone is different. I was just tired of spending 40 bucks for a dozen balls and only getting like 4 rounds from them.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note:Β This thread is 5893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!