IGNORED

Lowest Number of Putts for 18 Holes

Breaka100

I read that two guys played 18 holes and putted only 15 times.  Had 3 up and downs.  Longest putt was 25 feet.  Cannot find the source.  It was on line.  Anybody know?  One was in 1968 as i recall.  BTW a number of PGA pros have played 18 and putted only 18 times.  Yikes! 

The best I can document for myself is 26 putts (10 GIR) for 18 holes.

To break or tie the record one would need a lot of shots on the fringe and/or many very simple chips.  GIR and low putt totals typically are not compatible.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Being a higher HDCP'er, my best round putting was 36 putts...

Personal goal for this year is to play a round (18 holes) and have fewer than 36 putts...

The key for me to do this would be to get better at chipping and getting the ball closer to the hole for my first putt... 

I have had 26 putts a few times. In almost all those instances, there was probably 3 or 4 chip ins, with the cup cut pretty close to the fringe. 

Last I checked, I was averaging 29.8 putts per round. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I've had 24, once... 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I caddied for someone as a regular when I was a kid and the first time I caddied for him was the club championship.   Second round he had 24 putts.  That's the lowest I know of.   I think the lowest I ever had was 28. 

—Adam

• 8 years later...

I’ve had 21 putts in a round with a spider putter about 4 years ago and had 18 putts in a round using an Arnold Palmer “The Original” putter this year. Hit no greens in regulation for 40 point off 15. 2 chip ins and 2 2 putts.