IGNORED

Club Glove "Burst Proof 2" Questions?

baw1
Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am considering upgrading my golf travel bag (currently a cheap hard case showing some signs of wear/tear). Based on my research so far (especially on this forum) the Club Glove seems to be a very popular choice. I have a couple of questions I am hoping to get help with:

1) Since the Club Glove Burst Proof is essentially a soft case, and there is no padding in the middle, I am concerned about damage to my actual golf bag (within the case). Or damage to anything inside the bag pockets. If a bunch of luggage was laid on top of the bag, it seems that it would get squashed/damaged? I understand that the stiff arm protects the club heads and that there is some padding on top, but what about the rest of the case??

2) Since this is a "soft" bag, wont the airlines need me to sign a waiver? I frequently just drop off my bag with sky cap for curbside check-in. Will that mean I have to check the bag inside from now on?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My wife and I have had the Club Glove bags for a few years, and have traveled to Scotland, Hawaii, Phoenix, and Milwaukee with it.  She has the Last Bag, and I have the BurstProof.  I've never had a bit of problem with damage.  I usually include two pairs of golf shoes in the inside pockets.  I wrap one of my golf towels around and between the clubheads, and attach the rain cover.  Again, I've never seen any sign of damage.  

As far as the airlines, I think most will deny liability for clubs that are not in a hard sided case. However, I've never had to sign a waiver, and just about always check my stuff curbside.  I think that you automatically accept their terms when you check stuff, so they don't need a separate waiver.

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

The Burstproof is good for the Hoofer bag.  If you plan to travel with something a little larger, you might need to look at the next size up.  A test fit wouldn't be a bad idea, just to be sure, if you can find a friend who has one, or a store that would let you bring your bag in to try it.  I specifically remember one friend who was looking at the Burstproof, so I let him look at mine, and try to fit his bag in it.  He ended up with the Last Bag instead.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

5 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

My wife and I have had the Club Glove bags for a few years, and have traveled to Scotland, Hawaii, Phoenix, and Milwaukee with it.  She has the Last Bag, and I have the BurstProof.  I've never had a bit of problem with damage.  I usually include two pairs of golf shoes in the inside pockets.  I wrap one of my golf towels around and between the clubheads, and attach the rain cover.  Again, I've never seen any sign of damage.  

As far as the airlines, I think most will deny liability for clubs that are not in a hard sided case. However, I've never had to sign a waiver, and just about always check my stuff curbside.  I think that you automatically accept their terms when you check stuff, so they don't need a separate waiver.

This is great (and encouraging) feedback. Thank you. I am very close to pulling the trigger on this purchase.

6 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The Burstproof is good for the Hoofer bag.  If you plan to travel with something a little larger, you might need to look at the next size up.  A test fit wouldn't be a bad idea, just to be sure, if you can find a friend who has one, or a store that would let you bring your bag in to try it.  I specifically remember one friend who was looking at the Burstproof, so I let him look at mine, and try to fit his bag in it.  He ended up with the Last Bag instead.

Yep, I would be using the Hoofer.  :-D  So I'm looking on Amazon and depending on the seller, they are $229 or $249 or thereabouts, but randomly, there is one that is black and copper that says it's shipping from China and is $15. :hmm: http://www.amazon.com/Club-Glove-Burst-Wheels-Travel/dp/B00FRQQ0I8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461858432&sr=8-1&keywords=golf+travel+club+glove+burst+proof&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

That don't smell right.

9 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I have a Sun Mountain stand bag so I think this would work for me.

Just now, baw1 said:

I have a Sun Mountain stand bag so I think this would work for me.

I would bet you are right.  I have both the Sun Mountain stand bag (three 5) and a hoofer and they are very close to the same size.

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

I would bet you are right.  I have both the Sun Mountain stand bag (three 5) and a hoofer and they are very close to the same size.

Good to hear.

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Yep, I would be using the Hoofer.  :-D  So I'm looking on Amazon and depending on the seller, they are $229 or $249 or thereabouts, but randomly, there is one that is black and copper that says it's shipping from China and is $15. :hmm: http://www.amazon.com/Club-Glove-Burst-Wheels-Travel/dp/B00FRQQ0I8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461858432&sr=8-1&keywords=golf+travel+club+glove+burst+proof&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011

That don't smell right.

I did see some that were $229 with the stiff arm (as opposed to 229 + 29 for arm). Anything less though would be used or scam. Be careful..

3 minutes ago, baw1 said:

Good to hear.

I did see some that were $229 with the stiff arm (as opposed to 229 + 29 for arm). Anything less though would be used or scam. Be careful..

Yeah, I'm skeptical of anything like that and would never even consider it.  And yes, most of the ones on there I saw also included the arm for the $229 price.  I'll probably do one of those as well. :)

I had a Three5 before, and it fit fine in the BurstProof.   I wish I cold tell you what I paid for mine, but I used leftover pro shop credit late one fall.  Got it embroidered with the club logo and my name, its easy to pick out in the luggage rack.  My wife got hers in Chocolate Brown with pink trim and embroidery, that's even easier to find!

Dave

32 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Perfect timing for me for this thread - I need a travel case!  Looks like I'll start my search with the Club Glove Burst Proof!

Look at the SM Clubglider Series of bags -- I have the old Voyager and talk about effortless gliding, it is effortless. It is semi-hard case. I think Erik has one, too.

And I've owned the Club Glove Last Bag and this Clubglider -- the glide is a great help.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

35 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Look at the SM Clubglider Series of bags -- I have the old Voyager and talk about effortless gliding, it is effortless. It is semi-hard case. I think Erik has one, too.

And I've owned the Club Glove Last Bag and this Clubglider -- the glide is a great help.

I'm coming from a soft-sided case that didn't even have wheels at all!   All of these are going to feel like a breeze for me.  A hard or semi hard sided case would make me worry that I'll have trouble staying under the weight limit.

An issue that I've seen with hard cases is the size AFTER you arrive and try to get it into a rental car.  The can be pretty big, and are obviously not at all flexible.  It also takes up the same space after you've removed your golf bag, so you may need to put the clubs back into the travel bag if you're moving from one base of operations to the next.  This has become a factor when I've been to Ireland or Scotland, where we'll often stay in 2 or 3 places during a single holiday.

The ClubGlove bags fold up into basically the volume of the molded plastic base piece, and the top strap can be wrapped around to keep things secure.  I can't be sure, but it looks like the Sun Mountain travel bag may fold in the same way.

Dave

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I'm coming from a soft-sided case that didn't even have wheels at all!   All of these are going to feel like a breeze for me.  A hard or semi hard sided case would make me worry that I'll have trouble staying under the weight limit.

No problems with the weight of the bag or weight limit. The plastic is there for the wheels. Take my clubs on business and pleasure trips frequently. Good luck with your purchase.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Burst Proof is a great bag.  My loaded Titleist cart bag fits fine.

I've never had to sign any waiver, and have never had a problem.  Not sure what would happen if there were to be a claim, but I'm absolutely sold on the protectiveness of the bag.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Burst Proof is a great bag.  My loaded Titleist cart bag fits fine.

I've never had to sign any waiver, and have never had a problem.  Not sure what would happen if there were to be a claim, but I'm absolutely sold on the protectiveness of the bag.

Thanks for the feedback

I just gave a soft Club Glove to Goodwill. It lasted a long time, and I never had problem when using it. I use to fly quite a bit. 

One of the plus things was it stored smaller than it really was. Also there was enough room in it, that I could pack extra clothes and stuff in it, which meant I only had one travel bag to worry about. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!