IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 5/9/2016 at 9:57 AM, Lihu said:

More self aligned half swings at my net.

These seem to work pretty well. I was hitting straight on all my shots yesterday (or at least without any noticeable pulls).

So, doing more of them.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Small bucket at range before round. Reviewed backswing position, and laying club behind me. Did loose swings after few minutes of going through slow motion positions. Tried to ingrain the feel with loose swings. Went through the bag at slow tempo. Final 10 shots were with different clubs each time, trying to keep feel in mind.

Played 18 holes for score. Shot 87 (41/46). Front felt so easy, but swing started to get ragged on the back. Didn't hit too many fairways, but was able to stay out of too much trouble because course is somewhat forgiving. Par on hole 1 was textbook. 250yd drive down middle. Downhill 9-iron went 150yds (just past hole), for easy two-putt. I felt my new swing mechanics on that 9-iron, and my right elbow felt tucked just right, and the club whipped through effortlessly. Wish I could bottle that up, as it wasn't there consistently enough.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Went to the range.  Topped/skulled more balls than I didn't.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

5/10/16

More alignment drills at work for 10 minutes between orders...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4 hours ago, RandallT said:

Small bucket at range before round. Reviewed backswing position, and laying club behind me. Did loose swings after few minutes of going through slow motion positions. Tried to ingrain the feel with loose swings. Went through the bag at slow tempo. Final 10 shots were with different clubs each time, trying to keep feel in mind.

Played 18 holes for score. Shot 87 (41/46). Front felt so easy, but swing started to get ragged on the back. Didn't hit too many fairways, but was able to stay out of too much trouble because course is somewhat forgiving. Par on hole 1 was textbook. 250yd drive down middle. Downhill 9-iron went 150yds (just past hole), for easy two-putt. I felt my new swing mechanics on that 9-iron, and my right elbow felt tucked just right, and the club whipped through effortlessly. Wish I could bottle that up, as it wasn't there consistently enough.

Good job! Sounds to me like you're on your way back down from the 17 you listed your as your handicap. ;-)

Or are you preparing for a $10 skins game with some other people on this site and I should just shut up and be quite? :ninja::-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

2 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Good job! Sounds to me like you're on your way back down from the 17 you listed your as your handicap. ;-)

Or are you preparing for a $10 skins game with some other people on this site and I should just shut up and be quite? :ninja::-D

Hey, GG lists 18+! 4 rounds in the 90s this year, then this one. I'll take it! I hope I can be proven a sandbagger, since that'll mean my scores will come down again!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

2 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Hey, GG lists 18+! 4 rounds in the 90s this year, then this one. I'll take it! I hope I can be proven a sandbagger, since that'll mean my scores will come down again!

But it is always better not to be assigned a lower handicap by an aggressively grumpy committee with pitchforks and torches no less. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played 18, hit 7/14 fairways, 1 GIR. Shot 109 white tees 69.4/126. 53 front/ 56 back. Birdie first hole!!!

Under construction, signature and game.

Practiced pitching in the backyard again.  Also worked on putting stroke and grip with 3 wood am going to try that out around the greens next time I play. 

Today, 5/10, I practiced without purpose for a little bit.  Just hit balls for about 30 minutes.  All 7 irons.  All I really wanted to do was feel my new swing changes out a bit.  Experiment with rhythm a bit and swinging hard or soft.  I took some full length swings but trying to hit the ball as short as I could, etc. 

Tomorrow I go to the real live range, lol.  I'm excited to see the full ball flight.  I'm not thinking I've gained massive distance.  Just much improved consistency of strike, probably a better ball flight, more penetrating, probably a bit more distance. 

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

These seem to work pretty well. I was hitting straight on all my shots yesterday (or at least without any noticeable pulls).

So, doing more of them.

Went to the range this evening after work and continued to do half swings and make full swings alternatively. Some of my half swings went farther than my full swings. That's going to change because I'm just going to stop making those "full" swings.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

Putted

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played 18 yesterday. Warming up at the range, I focused on my A6 position from my drills. I didn't do the drill, but rehearsed the position in my practice swing.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5/11/15:

Worked on my pitching motion in front of a mirror this morning. Trying not to see the face of my watch in the takeaway.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

12 hours ago, Lihu said:

Went to the range this evening after work and continued to do half swings and make full swings alternatively. Some of my half swings went farther than my full swings. That's going to change because I'm just going to stop making those "full" swings.

Working on stopping making "full" swings. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Mirror work before my workout. Focused on A6 position and hip turn again.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

14 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Today, 5/10, I practiced without purpose for a little bit.  Just hit balls for about 30 minutes.  All 7 irons.  All I really wanted to do was feel my new swing changes out a bit.  Experiment with rhythm a bit and swinging hard or soft.  I took some full length swings but trying to hit the ball as short as I could, etc. 

Tomorrow I go to the real live range, lol.  I'm excited to see the full ball flight.  I'm not thinking I've gained massive distance.  Just much improved consistency of strike, probably a better ball flight, more penetrating, probably a bit more distance. 

Went to the range today and hit a medium bucket.  As I thought - my ball flight was better, more penetrating.  We were hitting directly into a big wind but I hit at this range often and I could tell the distance was a bit more - not a ton more.  I warmed up with a pitching wedge and then 9 iron and then I moved straight into the driver because the driver is really the one club I can't hit in my garage (not enough clearance). 

I was very pleased with the way I was driving it.  My ball flight was lower and more penetrating.  I have a tendency to hit high fades with my driver that kind of balloon up in the air but I didn't hit any high fades today.  I hit lots of draws and a few hooks.  Some low shots but mostly I'd say a medium height for a draw . .certainly not a high draw. 

Note: This thread is 2884 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!