IGNORED

2016 Mets World Championship Thread

Groucho Valentine
Note: This thread is 2754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

:poo:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I didn't have sex with that woman. 

Your penalty has been decided. You must keep your avatar through the month of June. Each day you fail adds two days to the sentence.

You may remove it when you send $100 to me to hold in escrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Your penalty has been decided. You must keep your avatar through the month of June. Each day you fail adds two days to the sentence.

I'll still have mine in the mail today.  It may be easiest if you don't deposit it until you get something from @Groucho Valentine, save yourself the trouble of having to refund it if he chooses not to man up.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I'll still have mine in the mail today.  It may be easiest if you don't deposit it until you get something from @Groucho Valentine, save yourself the trouble of having to refund it if he chooses not to man up.

I'm not cashing either. I'll just save them and forward both on to the winner.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gotcha, I'll leave the "pay to" line blank.

Dave

1 hour ago, iacas said:

WTF IS THIS?

2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

WTF IS THIS?

Seems pretty clear to me.  Its not good form to make a bet, then refuse to tender up the stakes.

Dave

Ha ha this is hilarious!

• Upvote 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

This price paid for this outrage will be steep  

No, the price is $100… with a chance to get that and another $100 back if your wager ends up winning.

This was what was decided upon by a Nats fan I asked. It wasn't @DaveP043. I'm willing to let you out of the wager if you do two things:

• Admit that are wussing out on the wager you made.
  • Put a pro-Nats phrase (with nothing about the Mets) in your signature such that it meets Dave's approval for the rest of June.

Most people on mobile devices don't see the signatures, so really, it's a matter of you accepting that you're a welcher and admitting to it.

Don't make bets and then welch on 'em.

10 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

WTF IS THIS?

This is a pretty fair and even minimal penalty for making ridiculous claims that we all know the Mets can't deliver on.  

Joe Paradiso

35 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Doesn't seem that bad to me, you just get to have that sexy logo as your avatar until you send a check to @iacas,  Its a definite improvement on the one you used to have.

Dave

28 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

This is a pretty fair and even minimal penalty for making ridiculous claims that we all know the Mets can't deliver on.  

He isn't penalized for making ridiculous claims, but for backing out on a bet.  Heck, if we got penalized for ridiculous claims, we'd almost all be in the box.

Dave

Might I offer a suggestion (possible option 3): welcher can pay half the bet in cash right now as a surrender value without having to call self a welcher and move on. 

I'm from Vegas where offer and acceptance of a bet are binding and I would rather lose the money than my honor. 

Edited by Gator Hazard

45 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

This could possibly be the best TST post ever btw. So much to enjoy with so very few words used. 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Might I offer a suggestion (possible option 3): welcher can pay half the bet in cash right now as a surrender value without having to call self a welcher and move on. 

I'm from Vegas where offer and acceptance of a bet are binding and I would rather lose the money than my honor. 

That's acceptable to me if it's acceptable to Dave. He might even wish to offer similar but different terms.

And when the buyout is paid and received (I recommend PayPal), and @DaveP043 confirms, @Groucho Valentine is welcome to change his avatar back.

I'm amenable to that type of settlement, talk about money for nothing.  This isn't blood sport, its talking baseball....and integrity.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

Dave

Note: This thread is 2754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!