IGNORED

USA Absolutely Destroying Costa Rica (2016 Copa America Centenario)

bwdial
Note: This thread is 2857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, bwdial said:

The success of MLS and their academies should begin to make this path a lot easier.  Christian Pulisic is a prime example of the increase in skill in American soccer.  Kid's 17 years old and he plays for Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga and he's not a German born son of an American serviceman; he grew up in Hershey, PA.

It is progress anyway. 

I have certainly heard a fair bit of Pulisic, but haven't seen much of him yet.. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

US got their ass handed to them by Argentina. It was like watching my U14 boys play a U12 boys team. They were out-manned at every position.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

US got their ass handed to them by Argentina. It was like watching my U14 boys play a U12 boys team. They were out-manned at every position.

Everyone played in a panic. So many balls that were just booted away. Nothing worthwhile from the center of the park.

Full credit to Argentina for the first two goals. They are a powerful side, but the US shortcomings were half the story.

After the quick goal, the US were star struck.   Argentina is a major step above the US but the US team didn't play well either.   They chased the ball all night and never really could put together more than a couple of passes.    

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just now, mcanadiens said:

Everyone played in a panic. So many balls that were just booted away. Nothing worthwhile from the center of the park.

Full credit to Argentina for the first two goals. They are a powerful side, but the US met them more than halfway last night.

Good point. They gave up possession a lot. No real counter attacks. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Ouch! I couldn't copy the tweets for some reason, but they are all from members of the USWNT!

http://screamer.deadspin.com/worlds-best-soccer-players-offer-their-takes-on-usmnt-1782400687

The USMNT took their swing at Argentina and got taken apart like an insect in the hands of a cruel child. I don’t have any takes other than that the U.S. needed to let Christian Pulisic cook earlier and that three-quarters of FS1's broadcast crew picking them to win was absurd.

Instead, here’s a selection of tweets from the best soccer players in the world.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, boogielicious said:

If you like watching a superstar take over a game it was a wonderful game to watch. Messi showed why is one of the best in the game. The chip for the first goal, the free kick (which by the way was awesome), and then the last assist was beautiful to watch. Best I have seen Messi play in a long time.

On the free kick Friedel seemed to hesitate the wrong way, but the placement and speed was really tough to defend. 

The US had an uphill battle to begin with, but if Messi plays like that the US has no chance.

Michael

3 minutes ago, mchepp said:

If you like watching a superstar take over a game it was a wonderful game to watch. Messi showed why is one of the best in the game. The chip for the first goal, the free kick (which by the way was awesome), and then the last assist was beautiful to watch. Best I have seen Messi play in a long time.

On the free kick Friedel seemed to hesitate the wrong way, but the placement and speed was really tough to defend. 

The US had an uphill battle to begin with, but if Messi plays like that the US has no chance.

He is fun to watch. It was like he was moving at normal speed and the US defenders in slow motion.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Michael Bradley was abysmal, and the rest of the team just looked too rushed.  Yes, Argentina is great, but there were so many times where U.S. players tried to pass the ball on the first touch, or worse, just hoofed it up the field when they weren't under any real pressure.  Argentina didn't really have to work to gain possession.  They just had to sit back and wait for us to turn it over.

bradley-turnovers.jpg

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

13 hours ago, bwdial said:

Michael Bradley was abysmal, and the rest of the team just looked too rushed.

I don't get the chance to watch every match, but Bradley look off every time I've seen him this year. You don't just replace a captain lightly, but some attention is going to have to be paid here.

Note: This thread is 2857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!